Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained, informative....

so....anyone thats using HIDs willing to take off their HIDs....hmmm me...dun think so man...maybe i could lower the headlight level but i dun think that will work. well since i bought it, maybe i'll use it for a while.

I did take it off at one stage while i was doing my retrofit.

The light was just too scattered and not on the road which made it dangerous. so I switched back to halogen.

good clip it would be nice if this article could make it onto a mainstream television show here, but then would the offenders take any notice (not likely). Any of you who use other forums may like to post this link in them so other modifiers can be aware of this

I think most people are aware that it is already blinding people, and 99% of people that fit them to their car realise that it is illegal.

I put 6000k in my corolla, and after 10mins of driving i pulled over to adjust my headlights.

They are now pointed as far down to the ground as possible, and not pointing in peoples eyes.

I find the cheap $10 bulbs off ebay are actually more blinding with the extra glare they the give off.

My 2c

i was driving in front of a EK Civic the other day with HID's.....they gave out a nice bright blue light.....very effective for illuminating the road....

AND

he was responsible...the kit was bright and not affecting anyone...they were correctly positioned..

if you want to put on HID's, put them on properly and all goodsies :)

I have HIDs on The Goose, installed by RME1. I didn't know they were at all illegal till I saw this thread. I think they are much brighter and safer for me atleast at night time. Do I assume I am blinding people? Can I test it somehow?

Cheers,

C.j

I think most people are aware that it is already blinding people, and 99% of people that fit them to their car realise that it is illegal.

I put 6000k in my corolla, and after 10mins of driving i pulled over to adjust my headlights.

They are now pointed as far down to the ground as possible, and not pointing in peoples eyes.

I find the cheap $10 bulbs off ebay are actually more blinding with the extra glare they the give off.

My 2c

How do you point your lights down?

One of my bulbs blew, so i swapped them some new ones. They are nice and bright for me, but if im driving behind anyone it can be quite annoying.

I was under the impression they just clip on, and thats about as far as it goes.

My mistake - Ill try to find the article i read which stated the things needed.

Either way - Non HID designed headlights, can not use HID's

and this is why you have these

P1020446.JPG

P1020636.JPG

and notice how all the light is spread on where light is needed

P1020863.JPG

P1020628.JPG

Edited by poohbear

WOW, thats awesome. Were they hard to fit??

its pretty simple to retrofit your headlights. You only need 3 basic tools: Electric Driller, Screw Driver and an Oven. Took me about 1hr (on my 2nd go, but 3hrs for the first time). Unlike most people who Installed HID on their stock headlights (designed for normal Halogen Bulbs), they have to point the headlights as low as possible to reduce the glare and they will not have even light distribution.

Back in the old days, I used to have HID on my stock headlights, it was nice and bright. After using them for couple of weeks I decided to take them off since it wasn't worth the risk of blinding oncoming traffic, or worst, causing an accident.

WOW, thats awesome. Were they hard to fit??

its pretty simple to retrofit your headlights. You only need 3 basic tools: Electric Driller, Screw Driver and an Oven. Took me about 1hr (on my 2nd go, but 3hrs for the first time). Unlike most people who Installed HID on their stock headlights (designed for normal Halogen Bulbs), they have to point the headlights as low as possible to reduce the glare and they will not have even light distribution.

Back in the old days, I used to have HID on my stock headlights, it was nice and bright. After using them for couple of weeks I decided to take them off since it wasn't worth the risk of blinding oncoming traffic, or worst, causing an accident.

wow 1 hr!! That's really fast!

I took mine slowly, about 1 months worth of weekend work. My hole was actually quite large and i used a dremel and I had to make it perfect (but its still not perfect). But it was fun :rolleyes: and worth the results!