Age of Aurion Owners

Buri_ZR6

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No probs, but you may have a few "old farts" tagging along.

Tagging along??

I hope you'll be able to keep up. :P

My speeding ticket collection says not all mature age gents drive slow

A bit off topic though, just wondering what's the drive away price you guys paid for the Presara ? Can it be under $50K ?

$45,375 drive away on novated lease after a lot of intense negotiation and getting dealers to price match or do better against each other. Includes footwell illumination, Aurion floor mats, moulded boot protector, paint protection, window tinting and electronic rustproofing. Even managed to get the dealer to throw in a big golfing Toyota umbrella and a first aid kit.

You gotta negotiate, and negotiate HARD and RUTHLESS.

BB

Toyota is its own worst enemy.. i can see many, many dealers going under in the next few years if this trend of screwing each other to the ground continues. Toyota dictates every other facet of how to run your dealership but is to ***** weak to smack dealer’s heads together that bastardise the price of cars like that. Sure give a great deal especially if people are genuinely nice and not ***** clowns but cut the crap out of the price to the point of just doing it for the sake of a number on a board is ridiculous and every week it seems to be getting worse and happening more. Why people seem to think there entitled to buy a vehicle for next to nothing is beyond me you can’t do it with any other product we buy. Half the time you actually feel like an order taker instead of a consultant. Want to do a cartwheel when somebody actually buys the car from you not because you’re were some small pathetic amount cheaper but because you actually knew your sh!t and gave them the best experience not just the lowest bottom figure... OK rant over lol

I like being young having an aurion tho, the cops think its an "oldies" car, so i never get pulled over hahaha ( im in perth's most police targeted club, 3 years cruising, 18 months with the aurion and never been pulled over !)

Being young with an Aurion doesn't necessarily get the police off your back. Just ask Adamsy. ;)

"Sir i have reason to believe this isn’t your car, way too young to have an expensive car like this!" - At first i justify thought he was mucking around but after repeated checks on the system and consultation with his senior officers it appeared that he was dead serious? So after about 10 minutes of checking everything under the sun i finally snapped and said if the car is registered to my name, I’ve shown you various license and business cards that match that name and told you i work for Toyota does that not just mean that bloody car is mine?

So hence the “Stolen” tag in my profile name lol

Being young with an Aurion doesn't necessarily get the police off your back. Just ask Adamsy. ;)

"Sir i have reason to believe this isn’t your car, way too young to have an expensive car like this!" - At first i justify thought he was mucking around but after repeated checks on the system and consultation with his senior officers it appeared that he was dead serious? So after about 10 minutes of checking everything under the sun i finally snapped and said if the car is registered to my name, I’ve shown you various license and business cards that match that name and told you i work for Toyota does that not just mean that bloody car is mine?

Haha i know some people that have similar issues

Next closest thing to that is having your plate & name linked to a VOI haha

aurions aren't expensive.

aurions aren't expensive.

This was in early 09 and my car is an 08, so a near new near 50k replacement cost car for a 19 year old was a reasonably expensive little sucker i think you'd agree?

I am 36 and yet I got pulled over twice in my new ride, just because it's black and had street legal darkest tint doesn't mean I am an old fart!

And yes I almost lost my licence in my previous car cos I had full 12 points and now it's on 5 points (all 7 points lost within April to June 2011!!!). I don't know if I got busted lately cos of new cameras out there.

This was in early 09 and my car is an 08, so a near new near 50k replacement cost car for a 19 year old was a reasonably expensive little sucker i think you'd agree?

not for some of us.

$50k is hardly inexpensive. Especially for someone under 20. Especially in Tasmania where even the average family can't afford that.

Must be nice to be "some of us". How's the air up there?

Aurions are VERY cheap now, but they are ageing extremely well, the LED's and projector headlights as well as the styling is keeping it looking like a new'ish model car!

But I agree, there seems to be some pre-conceptions regarding younger people driving this car. I bought mine for 20k ('08 SX6 with 66k k's on the clock.) Which was pretty good in my books. I had 15k saved up, took a 15k loan, used the rest of the money to pay for rego/license renewal/state transfer and paid the rest of the 15k loan off last week (3 years early YAY \o/)

My family and friends thought I was crazy, being 19 when I bought this "fancy fast black car" but everyone grew to love it. There's something about this Aurion, this is the 2nd car I've owned (and the best car I've driven) but with my limited experience I've yet to find something that works better with life balance!

I can drive business execs around for work. I can transport a tonne of gear in the boot and back seats. I can do the occasional spirited driving in the NSW hills. I 'probably could' get 1000k's of highway driving for road trips and I can easily transport 5 people on a comfortable trip.

Edited by Brad - SX6

And that, Brad, is exactly why I bought myself a ZR6 2 years ago at 19, and as of last month have just bought myself a TRD. Best decision ever.

Btw, ZR6 still for sale so I'm a bit in debt ATM :)