Cancer

ChArMs_RT142

Well for over a month now my mum has been going for tests she found a lump in her breast about a month or two ago prior to going for any tests what so ever ...

She officially got diognosed on the 20th and found out to be Brest Cancer !! :ph34r: Type B :( and was to go for surgery the wednesday after which was last week now! she got her whole right breast removed she spent 4 days in hospital recovering and is now out still have many things to come !! she is home and doing well thanks goodness!!

Was wondering has anyone been through this at all ? whether is has happened to a family member,friend, etc?

sorry to hear but as previously mentioned thank G OD it was diagnosed early... be faithfull and all will be well... i hope she gets well...

to all the women... get your regular checkups... the earlier it's diagnosed the better... i hope you're coping with it too... she needs all the support you can get... be optimistic n it'll all work out

:o thank goodness they found it early. The main thing is that your mum is ok now and the worst is over. A close friend of my mum just recently had the same thing happen to her. She got it removed right away and she's recovering now.

I hope your mum feels better soon. :)

Really sorry to hear that champ. and to answer your question, my aunt went through the same thing. Its not easy and i dont really know how much it affected her cause she is far from open about these things. I hope your mum ends up ok.

my mum went through it all in 2003

although she was lucky enough to have found it early enough and get it removed in the early stages... but she still had to have radiation to get rid of the bit they missed. but she is still not in the clear, another 18 months to go apparently

i feel now that i didnt do enough to support her, i feel terrible... we've never had anything like that happen in our family before and we didnt know how to handle it. support groups help a lot. for her and for the rest of the family too

i've been having checks since then too, i'm due for another check in november this year.... it's a scary thing for sure, especially when you are afraid of needles and medical things like that

hope everything goes according to plan *hugs* (i know they are needed in times like these)

awwwww charms i hope your holding up ok too!! cause you need to be strong for her too.

let us know if we can ever help you guys out in anyway too.

take care and think positive thoughts as that always helps with the vibe your sending out too......especially for a mum ....i know when my kids are not feeling well or not telling the truth. :D must be a 6th sense or something.

My old girl was having problems with her Sheila bits and they didn't know if it was cancer or not, so they cut em out... She wasn't that scared, I believe her exact words where "Right o, I've had four kids, out it comes".. It turned out to be some other non cancerous thing that was giving her pain so that was a relief... I do recall thinking about what would happen if something bad did happen, it was pretty ******...

Having said all that i do realise that every body is different and reacts differently to different situations, and i wish all the luck in the world that your old girl gets better and that you also have the strength to get through it & cope.....

Agreed simo. I know one lady at my mums work who decided to die rather than lose her femininity. (cant spell) But thats a choice. WHat ever your mum does i hope it goes well and that shes happy

My mum had it about 14 years ago. She had it in most of her lymph nodes and was given a 7 percent chance of survival. I have also a friend going through it from that ABC debacle in Brisbane

She is fine and clear now :yahoo:

It was a battle but she asked the doctor , what about the 7percent who do survive. He was a good doctor and had a positive caring attitude to it. I don’t agree with people like Kylie suggesting that alternative therapies are useless. I think there are several things ways to attack an illness like this.

So what helps?

A positive attitude

Good diet, organic and that sort of thing. Lots of fresh juices, might be an idea to see a intuitionalist or something

Meditation

Forgiving and getting over any grudges from the past or stresses

Rest

Excercise

Things like acupuncture help balance the body. The thing is you have to find what you feel your body needs.

Of course traditional medicine is important too.

There is a book by Ian Gawler called you can conquer cancer.

http://www.gawler.org/html/s01_home/home.asp

I saw him speak and he is inspirational indeed.

Good luck to you and your mum and don’t be afraid to explore. :-)

Thanks so much for the message's!! :) TOCAU

You just never think of these things till it happens to someone close to you!!

Nothing has really happened in the family till now so it's something in life we all have to deal with sometime in our lives.

I really hope it was in the early stages! & hope that either Radiology or Chermotheraphy will clear anything else thats is there!! :ph34r:

I have read somewhere is has been detected in early 22/23 years olds :ph34r: & up to mid late 70's Also some males have been known to be diagnosed with breast cancer too!!

i have not gone for any screens might be in the list of things to do just in case!

OZROLA - i have heard a lot of females close up and don't want to deal with whats happened and i think thats what can cause a downfall to recovering! i hope my mum doesn't end up like that ! i hope your aunty opens up to deal with whats happened!

HDACHE- sorry to hear about your mum being diognosed back in 03 i hope it everything on your side of things goes well!!

its is a scary thing when i found out i freaked out so many things went through my mind ! as me and my mum haven't got along over the years this is something that has brought us alittle closer than b4 and i hope it does for you & your mum! as life is to short ! thanks for virtual hugs !

Conquest- i'm sorry to hear that my regards !

Perthcamry- Glad to hear your mum got the all clear !! she must have been a fighter!!

Thanks heaps for the list of things to do i'll let my my know so she has some things to do rather than just doing nothing :D