Supercharged Sportivo??

Hopefully no one got their hopes up too high...

Is their any supercharged sportivos that anyone knows of in Australia??

I did a search and from my poor memory I don't think there is.

Cheers

Nah mate not that we have seen or know of ..... i have also asked all the shops ive been to and visited when i was getting quotes and my work done for my car and everyone hadnt had any dealings with sportivo's ......

So by my count there is my turbo setup, the CES turbo and there is a rally turbo 2zz and thats it ..... then again not everyone is on this forum and not everyone is known to the people i spoke to so you never know ......

Well if you find one let me know 2 cause i'd love to supercharge my sportivo...........

u dont need to find one to superchargers urs ........ its quiet a simple setup depending on which path you want to take.

rally turbo 2zz and thats it .....

Explain how???? where???? BILL!!!

hahahahahah that got ur attention ..... lol

mate all i know is 2 independant shops whom have no apparent connection have both done "some work" on a rally prep'd 2zz that is turbo'd.

No idea what state the car runs in but the 2 shops are at 2 different ends of sydney

becuz of the way the setup is put together and bcuz of how tight it is back there behind the engine they havent made an air filter pipe so they just use filtering material to cover the turbo's air intake inlet ...... both shops confirmed they go through a turbo every 2 to 3 races becuz of it but there is no way they r gona get an air filter pipe to it ..... neither shop could make a bend tight enough to route around the obsticles in the way

For the greddy celica kit going onto the sportivo

1. Fiddling the fan shroud and radiator?? / Do I need to go custom?

2. Relocating the radiator fluid reservoir??

3. New Battery (maybe relocate)?? / Factory battery needs to be replaced anyway

4. Brake upgrade to pass engineering?? / ae101/GT4 levin calipers, braided brake lines, brake pads/disc/fluid??

5. Suspension to pass engineering?? / running on stock does it need to be upgraded?

Would hope that maybe someone has done prior research to a similiar project and would like to hear there views.

If anyone brings up that SC Vs Turbo debate, you'l'l hear from me no doubt :angry:

Seeing that the greddy kit will prolly only 25-30kw boost in power, I figured that since its not as extreme as xoom's corolla I might be able to get away with a few things. Already have an aftermarket clutch we will see how it holds up.

My best bet is to call an engineer, I'll need to anyways. But just putting this up for the sake of discussion.

Cheers

From the pic i can see that the battery has moved back 30cms or so.

Brake upgrade should always be on the list when gaining power! Possibly larger discs with the stock callipers, unless you have the $$ to go the whole set up.

Same applys to the suspension.

Oh i have a question.

Are the stock engine mounts strong enough? Because i know a charger causes more movement

Get the energy suspension motor mount inserts. Had them on mine and worked a treat!! They will soon reside under the bonnet of a black sportivo up here in Brissy...

Too bad you cant utilise the factory itake manifold, it would look much tougher.

I think it's a small price to pay :lol:

jsut get it polished up and Wham! looks tough again

I believe that is the blitz kit thats on the photo up top.

Blitz kit will set u back quite a pretty penny, IIRC its around about 7K landed in australia (prolly 10K fitted). It has much more potential then the greddy kit as it comes with an intercooler kit as well. Whereas the greddy is similiar to the TRD kit for the 1zzfe as it has no intercooling option., unless you go custom which is not worth it clearly.

Currently getting quotes here and there, just need to wait for the people to respond... <_<

Also searching for brake upgrades (calipers, pads and disc)

I've never thought of the motor mounts, time to do more reading

Cheers

4. Brake upgrade to pass engineering?? / ae101/GT4 levin calipers, braided brake lines, brake pads/disc/fluid??

Cheers

I was wondering, has this Brake Upgrade been written up before somewhere on here? Are the AE101/111 brakes better/bigger than the Stivo brakes???

Cheers :D

MAP81 has GT4 twin spot calipers and larger discs, braking performance increase over ebc greenstuff with DBA slotted rotors was phenominal.

MAP81 has GT4 twin spot calipers and larger discs, braking performance increase over ebc greenstuff with DBA slotted rotors was phenominal.

Ok cool. I assume the standard front Stivo Calipers are single piston? Also, how big are the discs on the Stivo? Sorry for going a bit OT...

Cheers :D

that's on a 1ZZ-FE with 255mm discs though... Sportivos already have larger (275mm) discs with greater braking efficiency.

What model GT4 are then from, and what size rotors is he running? There is greater benefit from larger rotors than going from single to twin piston calipers. What is the relative piston areas of the Sportivo single vs the GT4 twins?

I forget what diameter MAP81's are, but we've done another one recently with 300mm rotors too.

Even with stock rotors the braking increase was huge with the extra pad surface area available with the twin piston calipers. We've done this conversion to about 10 different toyota's now.

The superstrut calipers are basically impossible to find at the moment, unless of course you are interested in purchasing a complete halfcut. If they are twin piston pots, then I think they are the earlier model gt-4's (ST165/185). The ST205 have 4 piston calipers at the front with huge 315mm disc at the front.

After getting my quote from a few suppliers and the fact that there is a 2-3month wait on the greddy supercharger kit, I'm not going for it. Price is kinda ridiculous if you ask me, 25-30% markup not including delivery (eat my shorts). I could source it from the states, but would be a pain if any kind of trouble occurs.

Going to start a new thread in the brake and suspension section regarding brake upgrades now.

The superstrut calipers are basically impossible to find at the moment, unless of course you are interested in purchasing a complete halfcut. If they are twin piston pots, then I think they are the earlier model gt-4's (ST165/185). The ST205 have 4 piston calipers at the front with huge 315mm disc at the front.

After getting my quote from a few suppliers and the fact that there is a 2-3month wait on the greddy supercharger kit, I'm not going for it. Price is kinda ridiculous if you ask me, 25-30% markup not including delivery (eat my shorts). I could source it from the states, but would be a pain if any kind of trouble occurs.

Going to start a new thread in the brake and suspension section regarding brake upgrades now.

can get the Greddy SC kit for under 4K landed.....