cheap cai?

i could be wrong here but the TRD CAI is as far as i i know 3 inch pipe and these are only 2.75 But hey im all for the cheaper CAI i want one bad but im not willing to pay more than $300 ATM

i think your right about the pipe size, is the TRD one aluminium? i wouldnt mind trying one out

i could be wrong here but the TRD CAI is as far as i i know 3 inch pipe and these are only 2.75 But hey im all for the cheaper CAI i want one bad but im not willing to pay more than $300 ATM

have a look around. i bought my trd cai from this forum. bought it 2nd hand but in very good condition. i got it for $260 so it was a good buy. you just have to be patient and will pop up somewere

Just built myself a cheap as CAI today!!! And love the induction noise!! Phoooowoar!! :clap:

Cost:

Less than $20*

Time to build - 6 hours + few beers :D

What i used,

K&N pod (*already had)

30cm of 75mm PVC pipe,

2x75mm 45deg bends,

1x75mm 90deg bend

Gasket Silicone (*already had)

100mm long bit of 3mm Aluminium Flat bar (*already had)

Black paint (*already had)

This isnt a true CAI such as a TRD one etc but my GF said i couldnt spend anymore money on the car so i improvised.... and cant complain for $20..

The result is a completely stock and extremely slealthy install... :D

What I did...

Modified the bottom section of the original stock intake box with a bit of 75mm pipe coming out of it and then routed some piping down to hang the Pod down behind the Fog light, and then removed the panel filter from the intake box, not as efficient as a straight linking pipe but I can definitely feel and hear the results!

Haven't downloaded the pics but I can put some up if anyones interested.

L.

i bought a cheap cai off a member off this forum. paid $70. cant go wrong.

the induction noise is awesome.

as for performance, i guess the trd cai might give you half a kw extra.

but horses for courses.

Yeah not too long at all really... the 75mm pipe is the perfect size, it fits perfectly under the fuse box.. the whole things pretty quick and easy to make its just a bit of trial an error to get the angles and lengths right..

but it works a treat!

L.

Edited by Lucky_Luke

Yeah not too long at all really... the 75mm pipe is the perfect size, it fits perfectly under the fuse box.. the whole things pretty quick and easy to make its just a bit of trial an error to get the angles and lengths right..

but it works a treat!

L.

hey looks qiute good

i was thinking of doing as well, but using a cold air induction pipe instead

do u still have the standard panel filter in the airbox or did you take it out?

At the moment I've taken the panel filter out... but first off I had it in, just in case there was debris inside it from making it. But even if you run with the panel filter in its still got to be a bit better than the tiny stock HAI.

Thats a good point about the hole in the bottom of the airbox too , Youre talking about the little vacuum actuated flap arent you? i forgot about that... hmmm <_<

Whats that actually used for?? obviously full TRD etc CAI dont have it.. might it cause some issues blocking it? maybe I'll just have to put some filter material over it or something..

L.