Problems in lift

I have noticed a problem in lift that has happened twice so far now this week, When in lift some times it dosent come on normally :blink:

I think that the car gets to about 6500RPM then remembers it should be in lift and kicks in then, It only happens in second gear....

Anyone had this happen, or know the possible cause??

Both times it has happened i havent been paying as much attention as i should, so if this dosent make sense I will see if it happens again and see exactly what goes on...

Cheers in advance

Edited by Simo

I have noticed a problem in lift that has happened twice so far now this week, When in lift some times it dosent come on normally :blink:

I think that the car gets to about 6500RPM then remembers it should be in lift and kicks in then, It only happens in second gear....

Both times it has happened i havent been paying as much attention as i should, so if this dosent make sense I will see if it happens again and see exactly what goes on...

Cheers in advance

lift doesnt always engage at 6100 , sometimes kicks in a bit later

The ECU controls the lift engagement point based on parameters such as coolant temp and engine load. check your oil and coolant levels aswell.

I just had all my fluids flushed and replaced on monday, Its kind of loosing traction feeling then it drops back down and hits lift....... I might just ease off it for a while and see how she goes :)

Cheers lads

It just happened again,

It was kinda as if the car couldnt engage lift and it was struggling to do so.... I tryed again and it worked perfectly.

Any ideas?? :help:

Cheers in advance

lift doesnt always engage at 6100 , sometimes kicks in a bit later

mine kicks in at 6000 :D hehe

/useless post

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive this post thread, But downlow in say third gear when im coming out of a round about and my revs are low and i put my foot down, at 4k RPM (Is this when the higher rev cam comes on??) I get this really low bass note, So im thinking that maybe I have a dint or something in my exhaust that is causing back pressure and when i hit lift sometimes the exhaust is having troubles getting out which impeeds on the engine and makes it struggle in lift.....

Can any of you confirm this theory of mine as plausable??? im still a n00b when it comes to this sort of thing :blush:

Because if so I might make my mate get under it and have a looksie...

Thanks heaps in advance :yahoo:

Edited by Simo

High lift cams come on after 6k rpm not 4k. If you still have your stock airbox, check that your VSV is connected and that all the vacuum hoses coming to and from are connected and not brocken. The VSV is the "sensor" looking thing mounted to the front of the air box. If I'm not mistaken, it controls the flap at the underside of the stock airbox to allow extra air in under lift. if it doesn't open, your engine could be "choking" during lift.

Sorry to revive this post thread, But downlow in say third gear when im coming out of a round about and my revs are low and i put my foot down, at 4k RPM (Is this when the higher rev cam comes on??) I get this really low bass note

You take a round about in 3rd? wat speed are you doing?

Your either going too fast for a roundabout or your going too slow for 3rd gear (hence the low note of the exhaust)

yeh, like, its when im not strapping the car and i rev it out it gets the noise at 4k RPM and the car feels like its lacking power & gets this struggle in lift.....

I check the air filter hoses with me mate and there fine, but i will get the CAI kid to see if this solves the problem, good excuse anyway :P

Maybe i should find a mechanic who knows 2ZZ motors, cause this problem is annoying

Edited by Simo

ill tell you something about this lift crap they should of made it kik in at 5000rpm not blody 6800rpm it ****s me i have to look at my watch and wait around (may as well order a coffee whilest i wait for it to come on ) after dumping it into second at 9500rpm i hate the lag they made on the gear ratios.......

BUT HELL AFTER HAVING MY SPORTIVO AND DRIVING A VERIETY OF FRIEND WORKED CARS IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT THE VVTL-I I JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN BUT NO ITS JUST A SMOOTH REV WITH NO UMM.... UMFT AS THEY PUT IT.

SO HELL GO THE COROLLA.. NOTHING SOUNDS BETTER.....

AND LET THE HONDAS **** THERE PANTS WHEN WE DRIVE PAST....YEAA

ill tell you something about this lift crap they should of made it kik in at 5000rpm not blody 6800rpm it ****s me i have to look at my watch and wait around (may as well order a coffee whilest i wait for it to come on ) after dumping it into second at 9500rpm i hate the lag they made on the gear ratios.......

BUT HELL AFTER HAVING MY SPORTIVO AND DRIVING A VERIETY OF FRIEND WORKED CARS IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT THE VVTL-I I JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN BUT NO ITS JUST A SMOOTH REV WITH NO UMM.... UMFT AS THEY PUT IT.

SO HELL GO THE COROLLA.. NOTHING SOUNDS BETTER.....

AND LET THE HONDAS **** THERE PANTS WHEN WE DRIVE PAST....YEAA

Lift kick in at 6200rpm for our cars and rev limiter is 8200rpm. Just curious I saw in your modlist that you have a Apexi SAFC have you got this tuned and any gains???

if you kick in this lift crap @ 5000rpms lets just say ur lag will be even longer ...... as at 5K rpms ur low cam wouldnt be fully utilised and ur high cam will be so under utalised it will probably feel worse than turbo lag ..... and at 9500rpms me thinks that one of the rods in ur engine is going to have a word 2 u about that in the not so distant future :blink: :blink: :blink: unless ofcourse a valve decides them talking 2 u first is more important .......

Yeah. One of the members here learnt first hand that even 500rpm over the rev limit can throw a rod. engine strain increases exponentially so even at 9,000 rpm, your engine is tons more stressed than at 8,200rpm.