Engine mounts

Hey pplz,

I wanted t know if anyone has come across extra engine mounts for the 1zz i needed to get some and i wanted an alternative to filling my current mounts with urethane so i thought id ask the experts on here and see what i found :rolleyes: :D

do you just insert them into the stocky mounts. how much does a set cost for the 2zz anyway?

A set cost me $55 aud delivered. Unfortunately, installation labour will cost a lot more...

Thanks for the replies guys but

Are these engine mounts replacements for the originals or additional mounts that are on top of the engine ?? and im guessing i would have to find a seller of these mounts myself noone could help me there?? :whistling:

do you just insert them into the stocky mounts. how much does a set cost for the 2zz anyway?

A set cost me $55 aud delivered. Unfortunately, installation labour will cost a lot more...

could someone help me out to. cause i hear that people just fill there original mounts up wif really hard rubber or silicon or something. if u were to go with aftermarket ones do you need to rip out all the original rubber in it and redo it?

why would you want to change your stock mounts ?

they wear out over time... plus he may want something stronger then the stock ones to lower the engine movement.

Dave - all the mounts listed are replacements for the stock items.

Energy suspension do a motor mount insert from urethane that just slips into the original mount. That's what i had. Or you can buy totally new mounts which will be a lot more expensive.

Energy suspension do a motor mount insert from urethane that just slips into the original mount. That's what i had. Or you can buy totally new mounts which will be a lot more expensive.

thanx alot SB. is it easy to slip them in. or do you need to pull the engine mount out of the car and put it in there properly?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i found an article on filling the engine mounts with the same stuff glaziers use to fit car windows apparently that works as long as you fill the mounts gradually in layers so it all dries evenly but in doing that it could take up to 24 hours to fill one mount alone......... :blink:

whats wrong with solid filling the mounts anyway? i saw in street tuner challenge they changed the mounts on some chev with the astra turbo engine to a solid alloy center which will have **** all flex and possibly crack the mounting points on the block itself but solid filling the mount is just adding a bit more cushion to it and increasing durability

Edited by T.J

I think Micky-T is referring to solid filled engine mounts on the ZZE12# chassis specifically, not solid filled engine mounts in general. He is referring to a particular example that occured under racing conditions... If it's the same example I'm thinking of.

What I was referring to, is that on a Corolla, the rear engine mount is also attached to the steering column, and if you solid fill it, every bump that the rear mount should absorb works its way up to the steering wheel and shakes the ***** outta the driver and creates the loudest racket in the world

we used Shore60 urethane to solid fill the rear mount, there was no noticable increase in NVH, just less engine rock.

Basically gutted a stock mount, made a jig and filled with the urethane, works very well. Pic can be seen in 1zzfze's members ride thread or here: http://www.simplyeservices.com/images/car/enginemount.jpg

Edited by rollamods