Sportivo or SP23

AND SILVER ECLIPSES ALL! BOTH WHITE AND BLACK SHOW THE DIRT - SILVER DOESN'T(THAT'S THE CAR DETAILER COMING OUT IN ME) BLACK SEEMS TO BE A BIT TOO COMMON. MIGHT BE ALRIGHT DOWN SOUTH WHERE IT'S ONLY HOT FOR A SMALL PART OF THE YEAR. BUT UP HERE WHERE WINTER LASTS FOR ABOUT 8 WEEKS SILVER ( AND TO SOME DEGREE WHITE HEY DANTHUYER!) IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.

CHEERS TO THE EVER WASHING BLACK STIVO OWNERS(DON'T SCRATCH IT NOW WILL YOU! :P :P )

SILVABULLIT :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hasn't anyone test driven the 6 speed Honda Accord Euro?? :blink:  For $34,990RRP it is a great car and pretty quick too!  2.4litre i-VTEC puts out 140KW and 220NM.  Much better than the Mazda6 and SP23's 2.3litre.  Front and rear double wishbone suspension is also fantastic with very little roll.  Quality, reliability, comfort and resale value are also excellent.  My father has been driving one for 16 months now and has been trouble free.  No rattles, squeaks or leaks and sound deadening is great.  Runs like new (25,000kms) and has full genuine plush leather interior, a fantastic 8 speaker sound system,  dual climate control airconditioning, 6 airbags, heated front leather seats, HID headlights, sunroof, and the best feature the remote controlled windows down feature.  It is for days like right now soaking 32degree weather and you don't want to cook yourself in the car, click click the dor unlock button and windows wind down automatically before you enter:D  It has big strong brakes, TCS (traction contol which can be turned off), cruise control and performance wise it is a great Honda tradition.  6 speed gearbox is in par with the TypeR and of course second to the king, S2000's super shifter!  This would be my only other choice if i didn't buy the Stivo, and maybe this time i would pick White because its summer :P  Feeling better Craig.     

Zee

In my club, we have a new Honda Accord Euro Luxury (drooollllsss!!!)

they're awesome. Pretty quick too! Just did a dyno with one the other night...and it puts out more power stock...than a stivo with CAI and another stock stivo.

Very very smooth. Can't even feel i-vtec..until like 6,000rpm and cuts around 7-7.5k. Oh, and we ALSO have an S2000 in the club. Lady driver too :D . I haven't been in the car as yet...too busy driving the stivo on the cruises and events. But, i reckon it would be awesome!!!! :D :D

I'm picking up my Euro tomorrow (Saturday). Hope everything is well! This time I'll break the engine in using the technique at http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm and see if it actually works, not that I have a baseline to compare it against..

I went for the base model because.... it is LIGHTER! Yeah a full 40kg lighter... Now that I think of it, it's not really that much lighter.... Hmm...

Edited by aaronng

one more thing i want to know from you guys..

what kind of problems have u had with the car so far?  i read some of the other posts in this forum... and noticed u have a few problems

i know with the mazda3 there have been lots of complaints about fuel pumps, brake dust, squeeky springs etc..

Most of the b1tch1ng probably came from me, the issues are now sorted, well almost. Will keep you posted.

Silver is a more maintainable colour for this vehicle, my last Sportivo and current Sportivo were silver. Also has some prestige behind it.

In our forum/club whatever, blue seems to be a rare colour.

Yeah the Silver. My first silver car and I really like it.

Very rewarding when polished looks great (but man so does Black when clean) I always drool at my mates new Beemer 330C in black and previously his black Audi S3.

Another guy who comes to bike training has a black one and it always looks dirty as he can never keep it clean. Currently its so dry up here in Qld its always covered in dust and it really shows.

By the way we have had the S3 and Sportivo side by side I think Toyota did a bit of style copying here but on the cheap they have a very similar styling look about them from the coated plastic silver console v brushed aluminium to the euro radio arial out the back. Maybe all small hatches look a little similar.

What do you think?

By the way we have had the S3 and Sportivo side by side I think Toyota did a bit of style copying here but on the cheap they have a very similar styling look about them from the coated plastic silver console v brushed aluminium to the euro radio arial out the back. Maybe all small hatches look a little similar.

What do you think?

If you think the S3 is similar to the Stivo you should check out the new Golf!!!!!!

Funny how Audi and VW have the same parent company too!!!!

They share many Styling, chassis and engine components.

Why hasn't anyone test driven the 6 speed Honda Accord Euro?? :blink:  For $34,990RRP it is a great car and pretty quick too!  2.4litre i-VTEC puts out 140KW and 220NM.  Much better than the Mazda6 and SP23's 2.3litre.  Front and rear double wishbone suspension is also fantastic with very little roll.  Quality, reliability, comfort and resale value are also excellent.  My father has been driving one for 16 months now and has been trouble free.  No rattles, squeaks or leaks and sound deadening is great.  Runs like new (25,000kms) and has full genuine plush leather interior, a fantastic 8 speaker sound system,  dual climate control airconditioning, 6 airbags, heated front leather seats, HID headlights, sunroof, and the best feature the remote controlled windows down feature.  It is for days like right now soaking 32degree weather and you don't want to cook yourself in the car, click click the dor unlock button and windows wind down automatically before you enter:D  It has big strong brakes, TCS (traction contol which can be turned off), cruise control and performance wise it is a great Honda tradition.  6 speed gearbox is in par with the TypeR and of course second to the king, S2000's super shifter!  This would be my only other choice if i didn't buy the Stivo, and maybe this time i would pick White because its summer :P  Feeling better Craig.      

Zee

In my club, we have a new Honda Accord Euro Luxury (drooollllsss!!!)

they're awesome. Pretty quick too! Just did a dyno with one the other night...and it puts out more power stock...than a stivo with CAI and another stock stivo.

Very very smooth. Can't even feel i-vtec..until like 6,000rpm and cuts around 7-7.5k. Oh, and we ALSO have an S2000 in the club. Lady driver too :D . I haven't been in the car as yet...too busy driving the stivo on the cruises and events. But, i reckon it would be awesome!!!! :D :D

Yea i felt a jump in power too in my dad's Acoord Euro at 6000rpm. Makes me wonder why they have the cutout at 7200rpm when there is still a lot of go left. The S2000 would be an awesome ride man, i want that 6speed box :D

I'm picking up my Euro tomorrow (Saturday). Hope everything is well! This time I'll break the engine in using the technique at http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm and see if it actually works, not that I have a baseline to compare it against..

I went for the base model because.... it is LIGHTER! Yeah a full 40kg lighter... Now that I think of it, it's not really that much lighter.... Hmm...

40kg is actually quite noticeable in a drag, you'll be surprised. But you lose the sunroof, HID, leather interior, foggies, heated seats and what else... But for $34500 cannot complain. Post a pic when you get a chance if you are allowed to :P

Zee

40kg is actually quite noticeable in a drag, you'll be surprised.  But you lose the sunroof, HID, leather interior, foggies, heated seats and what else...  But for $34500 cannot complain.  Post a pic when you get a chance if you are allowed to :P 

Zee

Hehe, I'm a car person... all I need is a great engine with a great driveline, matched to a great suspension setup. Hehhe...

Luxury is nice, but I can't stand woodgrain (reminds me of Mercedes... yuck). Leather and seat warmers are nice, but in summer I need seat coolers!! I like cold, can't stand hot... Which is why I was melting away in the Sydney heat wave a few days ago. :)

When buying my car the decision was between the base Accord and Stivo. I loved both of them.

My decision in the end came down to a couple of things. One I wanted to mod whatever I bought so the Stivo offered me an extra $6000 to do that. And two I was after something really fun to drive, something that had that light/agile feel for traffic & spirited drives. So the Stivo matched better what I was looking for.

But I do like the Accord. That was the problem... I would feel terrible abusing it, it seems too good for that!