Sportivo or SP23

It all comes down to personal choice in the end so I suggest you test as many cars as you can and see which suits you best.

I tested a few before going for the stivo. There was the stivo, citroen xsara VTS, Pug 206 GTi (not the 180 though as that was still 3 months away at the time), Subi impresa RX, Mazda 6, SP20 (again 23 was still 5 months away), Proton satria GTi, Focus 170, Astra turbo and for something a little different, nissan X-Trail, in case I felt like sticking with a 4x4.

I narrowed it down to the Citroen and the Stivo for fun and enjoyment to drive. The stivo pulled like nothing else and the citroen handles better then anything I have ever driven before, very stiff, direct and no hint of understeer even when braking very deep into corners. But at the end of the day the Stivo was the only one that put a smile on my face that lasted plus It had 5 doors rather then 3 and I felt the build quaility was better in the Stivo (for a european car the Xsara was very plasticy) I also took my dad and bro along with me in each and they said the Stivo was far and a away the best comfortable in the rear seats (other then the x-trail and 6 of course as these are different styles of car).

I also compared running costs, servicing costs, fuel economy, insurance rates etc and the Stivo won hands down....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im th famous tones made by Homer J Simpson

"hmmmmmmmmm ......... Sportivo *drools*"

Simple as that Chompies. Most of the guys have covered what I would say apart from one thing. BUY A WHITE ONE!!!!!!!!!! dont go for black ...there are too many :P :P :P

(had to do it guys)

But as you can see from the savings you get from the Stivo over the SP put into some simple mods ie. suspension you will have a great little 5 door hatch that the family can use which is cheap to run, handles well, reliable and hell as fun to drive (remember also that recall work makes the car better for da-day driving)

I'm not too biased.........oh what the h3ll yes i am

STIVO STIVO STIVO

Why hasn't anyone test driven the 6 speed Honda Accord Euro?? :blink: For $34,990RRP it is a great car and pretty quick too! 2.4litre i-VTEC puts out 140KW and 220NM. Much better than the Mazda6 and SP23's 2.3litre. Front and rear double wishbone suspension is also fantastic with very little roll. Quality, reliability, comfort and resale value are also excellent. My father has been driving one for 16 months now and has been trouble free. No rattles, squeaks or leaks and sound deadening is great. Runs like new (25,000kms) and has full genuine plush leather interior, a fantastic 8 speaker sound system, dual climate control airconditioning, 6 airbags, heated front leather seats, HID headlights, sunroof, and the best feature the remote controlled windows down feature. It is for days like right now soaking 32degree weather and you don't want to cook yourself in the car, click click the dor unlock button and windows wind down automatically before you enter:D It has big strong brakes, TCS (traction contol which can be turned off), cruise control and performance wise it is a great Honda tradition. 6 speed gearbox is in par with the TypeR and of course second to the king, S2000's super shifter! This would be my only other choice if i didn't buy the Stivo, and maybe this time i would pick White because its summer :P Feeling better Craig.

Zee

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Yeah sorry, drove one of them too... Very smooth ride and very quiet, completely different car to the stivo, not as urgent in it's acceleration. But on comparison of what you got between the standard and the Luxury models, I knew wich one I wanted and couldn't justify the $42,000. Also I was not looking for a mid size car, I like the size of the stivo so it won there too. If I was to get a mid size car I would have gone for the Liberty RX anywho...

The Honda Accord (the cheap none) is made in Thailand now so we don't really know how it will compare with Hondas of old made in Japan.

Also I think the power figures you have quoted might not be that high a quick search from the net of this car

Engine Description :

Four cylinders, in-line, chain-driven DOHC, four valves per cylinder, all alloy, cast iron cylinder liners, variable valve timing and lift, balance shaft.

Capacity (Cm3) : 2354

Maximum Power : 117kW @ 5500rpm

Compression Ratio : 9.7:1

Maximum Torque : 217Nm @ 4500rpm

117 is a bit below Toyota's quoted 141

Quoted from the Euro Accord web site

"i-VTEC engine

The Accord Euro is equipped with a 2.4-litre DOHC i-VTEC engine, producing 140 kW of power @ 6,800 rpm and 223 Nm of torque @ 4,500 rpm.

Honda has used drive-by-wire technology to improve response and acceleration, whilst achieving extremely impressive fuel economy and low emissions."

http://www.honda.com.au/Accord/Euro/Euro/index.htm

I think the one you looked at was the vti model which is a different shape to the Euro, built in Japan and more expensive as such and not the i-VTEC engine. The Euro's are built in Thailand by memory, but I could be wrong....

Edited by Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi

The both of yous got it wrong :D

The Accord Euro 2.4 i-VTEC 140KW @ 6800rpm, 223NM @ 4500rpm

(Built in JAPAN) I have one in my garage remember!

The 118KW 2.4 i-VTEC you saw is the lower-performance engine in the Honda CRV AWD and new Honda Odyssey here. The Accord Euro has the hi-performance version tuned in Japan. The new Honda Odyssey uses both 2.4litre variants of i-VTEC in Japan but Australia only gets the lower-performance engine.

The Accord (Built in THAILAND)

3 litre V6 177KW power and 295NM torque (torque figure not sure)

This Accord is larger and to appeal to the Yanks and certain parts of Australian market. Those people looking at Commodores and Falcons have another option.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

thanks a heap guys, the accord euro, unfortunately, is out of my budget.. but im willing to accept donations to help me get one :D

the mods you described Ilivfor6 sound pretty good... mm more torque

you guys have convinced me, now i need to convince my parents <_<

thanks

ps. white sux :P :P

one more thing i want to know from you guys..

what kind of problems have u had with the car so far? i read some of the other posts in this forum... and noticed u have a few problems

i know with the mazda3 there have been lots of complaints about fuel pumps, brake dust, squeeky springs etc..

Edited by Chompies

The Thai Accord also comes with the 2.4 litre 118kW engine.... No match for the Euro. I think the biggest difference between the 2 is not the engine, but the suspension setup. It's like comparing a Corolla Sportivo against a Corolla Ultima.

And un/fortunately to say, I have placed an order for the Accord Euro, base model, manual transmission. Got it for $34500 on the road.. Yumm....

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 2ZZ-GE. But I needed the space...

maybe this time i would pick White because its summer  Feeling better Craig
exactly Zee :)

I hope you all FRY in your black Stivos this summer....whilst e-gene, influx and I will be chillin in the white 'snowflakes' as stu enderingly calls us :P :P :P

The Thai Accord also comes with the 2.4 litre 118kW engine.... No match for the Euro. I think the biggest difference between the 2 is not the engine, but the suspension setup. It's like comparing a Corolla Sportivo against a Corolla Ultima.

And un/fortunately to say, I have placed an order for the Accord Euro, base model, manual transmission. Got it for $34500 on the road.. Yumm....

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 2ZZ-GE. But I needed the space...

Nice price you got there and suffice to say a car i love, so you trading in the Stivo? Would be a pity though. When you get it remember to bring it out for a spin with the Stivos :)

Chompies I have had my Stivo for 14 months and its done 14300klms as at today.

I have had no problems at all other than one of the Stivo badges fell off (I don't think anyone would bother to steal one) replaced under warranty.

Maybe I don't drive it as hard as the others or I might have been lucky.

But trouble free (touch wood).

i also went through the whole process. puggti180 - too much to service/ sp23 - old persons car/ focus - crazy dash no power to match handle/ clio - cannot fit anything / sportivo revs' like an MF and is lush inside looooks sooooooooo JDM once tuned and is a sleeper. close one with the pug as it is only 34k now

pretty biased i know but i did alot of research when i was going to buy a car. a lot of people buy corollas i have owned one previous ask anyone they'll tell you they are super reliable. and this one apart from crappy little problems is so much good value.

any how good luck with your purchase in reality the sp23 is the only one i don't like i would drive all the rest if given but i would sell the sp23

I hope you all FRY in your black Stivos this summer....whilst e-gene, influx and I will be chillin in the white 'snowflakes' as stu enderingly calls us :P :P :P

hey craig thats why they invented skirts, bikini tops and air cond! :P

haha

Briony

Actually mate that's just what we call it when your around. When your not listening we commonly refer to them as powder puffs :P :P :D :D

hey craig thats why they invented skirts, bikini tops and air cond! :P

haha

Briony

Briony this sounds like a fantastic recipe for interior 'HIGH BEAMS' :blink::blink:

lucky the car come with air.... so that hot black sexy mother F%^%$ car would be hotter in summer all waxed up and cool inside.. But you white guys omg will still look like (*&^^%% :lol:

White rolla onwers Faces when they see a black rolla :o :blink:

Black rolla owner B) :D and when a black owner rolla see a white one :lol::lol: