TRD gear knob vs stock sportivo knob

Being serious here. The trd knob is rather short, so you'd have to reach across a bit to shift. From memory the Type B Buddyclub knob wasn't too bad. All in personal taste.

Back to normal for me again here:

JJ should work in performance parts retail.

"Oh yes agreed. S/C is definitely the way to go. Can't beat a good ol' blow here and there :D"

seriously.. id go to any car accessory store that stocks them and take a closer look before deciding buyin off ebay. it is TRD, but you might not be happy with it! when it comes to TRD accessories like the knobs, fuel covers, etc., it seems like people would only buy it cos it has TRD on it and has nothing to do with performance.. just for looks and bragging rights for saying "i got TRD parts in my car". as x_tarcy said the stock knob is smoother.. so yea its personal taste i guess.

i have a white leather isotta knob..but was a birthday gift! its pretty good stuff! though i wish it was black now coz it looks strange cos everything else inside the car is dark/black. the stock knob was comfortable, but i dont like the hard plastic. but yea i guess just go 4 the knob that makes you happy.

btw the comment i made earlier wasnt intended to be interpreted that way! get your head out the gutter! muahahahaha

edit- just in case you wanted to see.. heres a pic of my knob

isotta.jpg

Edited by JJCRU23R

Yep, I've got one of them that came with the TRD Shortshifter.

They weigh a lot less than the stock one, which doesn't help the shift when you have a shortshifter.

So I took it off and put the stock one back on --> better shifting now.

If you were in Melb, I'd let you try it for a week, so you could get a feel of the shifting before you buy it...

But like they say, it's personal taste that counts more.

got a short shifter installed. when it was done i jumped in the car and the first thing i did was unscrew the trd nob and put my original one back on. it looks ugly with the trd nob cause the leather dosent stay up so you can see the shifter stick. looks rice.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=009

what you guys rekon - the above trd knob vs the stock knob ???

he also selling another one quite nice, I don't know it is good or not, any one try this?

p.s. My hand is not that long... sigh... :yahoo::yahoo:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRD-Duracon-Gear-Sh...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-5330-1188989096_thumb.jpg

Best thing you guys can do is feel your knobs in real life rather than over the internet. Only then will you know how much it will weigh, and whether it will help with your shifting.

so what youre saying is your arm isnt long enough to grab your knob?

(sorry that last comment was asking for it lol)

Stop giving me material lol.

got a short shifter installed. when it was done i jumped in the car and the first thing i did was unscrew the trd nob and put my original one back on. it looks ugly with the trd nob cause the leather dosent stay up so you can see the shifter stick. looks rice.

Sinan is this the TRD short shifter ?

Best thing you guys can do is feel your knobs in real life rather than over the internet. Only then will you know how much it will weigh, and whether it will help with your shifting.

I find going for a second (female) opinion to be the far better option...

I alway see those TRD on internet, never see the shop selling it.

Does anyone know how to get TRD OEM product offline in Melbourne area? Thank thanks...

I also want to feel it...

gday littleblacks...

toyota dealerships that stock TRD would be a start.

i think i remember seeing one at penrith toyota parts b4? havent been there since mid last year.

there has to be a toyota stocking trd parts in melbourne. thats where toyotas main offices is isnt it? (correct me if im wrong) but i remember being driven past a HUGE building with toyota badging on the side... (didnt look anything like a dealership from the highway).

or maybe a melbourne tocau member has one on their car? try to go to one of the melbourne meets.. maybe you can feel 1 there

• 2 weeks later...

Sinan is this the TRD short shifter ?

yeah u get the trd gear nob with the short shifter. its the round ball looking ones with the leather on it. just dosent look good.

yea they say its only for sportivo but people in here have installed it on their 1zz's without any issues.

yeah but as another member thought, no, unfortunately a ZZE123 gear knob and shifter kit wont give you lift or 6th gear :P