Hole between 1st and 2nd in Sportivo

your an idiot when you say its got nothing to do with the wieght... it does matter about the size and weight!! are you telling me that your car will go the same when your on your own driving and then you'e got 4 other people in the car??? no!! ofcourse its gonna lag more with more weight everybody knows that...if the sportivo was not able to land lift 1st-2nd TOYOTA would definately not have brought it out in production... when your wheels are heavier its not good... You want all the spinning or rotating parts of the car and the motor to be as light as possible.. flywheel, pistons, pulleys and many more

wow... once again in your strange obsession with disagreeing with everything i say to try to make me look stupid, you've done the opposite by completely missing the point in this thread.

Congrats for making WOTM yet again! :yahoo:

Fixed.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and to bring things back on topic...I have no problems landing lift 1st - 2nd. I'm not sure about all the gear ratio maths, but i'm not making any calculations from the time my left foot hits that clutch pedal, to the time my left hand rips 2nds gear and i manage to shirp my sh!tty tyres. :spiteful::rolleyes:

...and to bring things back on topic...I have no problems landing lift 1st - 2nd. I'm not sure about all the gear ratio maths, but i'm not making any calculations from the time my left foot hits that clutch pedal, to the time my left hand rips 2nds gear and i manage to shirp my sh!tty tyres. :spiteful::rolleyes:

After reading this thread I tried "slipping" the clutch and I managed to do it too (lift from 1st to 2nd)...although it doesn't sound/feel like its any good for the car. Still its cool having your tyres chirp on gear change, I use to be able to do it sometimes in my old Paseo was joy :lol:

So yes 1st to 2nd lift FTW

impossible?

is a celica that much beter then a sportivo? lol.

here's shifting at only 8100rpm, our limiter is at 8300rpm which would make it even more easier to land lift.

no clutch slipping or tricks or anything needed. and i didnt even chirp :P

Edited by vyets

i also would like to know more infornation on how it is done. I have searched for hours on these forums and have yet to find the guide for it which is apparently on here somewhere. I shift now at around 8000rpms because if i let it go any closer to rev limiter i risk the chance that i wont be able to switch fast from 2nd to third. I miss lift but oh well what can i do.

i also would like to know more infornation on how it is done. I have searched for hours on these forums and have yet to find the guide for it which is apparently on here somewhere. I shift now at around 8000rpms because if i let it go any closer to rev limiter i risk the chance that i wont be able to switch fast from 2nd to third. I miss lift but oh well what can i do.

Here you go: it was in the "workshop submissions section". There's other cool stuff there too.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...l=clutch+adjust

What is this clutch adjustment of which some of you speak and does this apply to an '05?

I just took my car to Prosser's Toyota and told them my car doesn't like getting out of 1st sometimes and they fixed it B)

Oh thanks for the spreadsheet xoom. Was good to see the actual figures. My rough calculations of needing to rev to 10000 were quite off. You only need to rev to 9200 in first to land in lift LOL.

Of course, if you raised the rev limit to 8500 and lowered the lift point to 5500 you could land in lift. Is 5500 too low to engage lift?

Oh for all the people who don't understand the mechanics of the question I was asking......yes I'm a n00b, I need to learn to shift, I am ghey, my 100 shot of nitrous almost blew the welds on my manifold while I was granny shifting etc etc.

Edited by joefish1298

you dnt need to rev it to 9000+rpms to land lift mate... people with stock as a rock s-tivos are landing lift no problems... and then you get people with stock as a rock s-tivos who cant land lift.... the only variable being changed is the driver so obviously some drivers are better than others.. lol i hate when people say it is impossible when 1000000000000000 people can do it some 1 with a fairfly standard s-tivo make a vid and post it up of them landing lift 1st-2nd

you dnt need to rev it to 9000+rpms to land lift mate... people with stock as a rock s-tivos are landing lift no problems... and then you get people with stock as a rock s-tivos who cant land lift.... the only variable being changed is the driver so obviously some drivers are better than others.. lol i hate when people say it is impossible when 1000000000000000 people can do it some 1 with a fairfly standard s-tivo make a vid and post it up of them landing lift 1st-2nd

Fine, i'll bring my car up to Sydney and i will put $1000 on the fact that you wont be able to shift from 1-2 and land in lift. Many more variables than the driver, the one in my case is the clutch. It physically wont let you into 2nd without the syncros going wild.

And to everyone, yes im sure the clutch adjustment would fix it, but i've got other ways to fix it. :ph34r:

1. I never said it couldn't be done. I'm well aware it can be done. I've done it myself.

2. If you look at the spreadsheet you may undestand what I'm..............LOL...meh forget it :rolleyes:

Put some CES goodness on your car and you don't have to worry about landing lift cause it makes that much more power :spiteful::spiteful: then take it to RBT Motorsport for the finishing touches to make it a show winner or if you don't mind a dirty car then take it to Kebab Performance. but if you like Ice cream then PP is the place for you....

Sorry guys but this thread is just getting waaaay to boring and pointless. 1-2 shift in lift is doable my some people with driving skill. some Sportivo's won't allow it cause of gearbox/clutch issues.

been there and done that......... end of story. :whistling:

After reading this thread I tried "slipping" the clutch and I managed to do it too (lift from 1st to 2nd)...although it doesn't sound/feel like its any good for the car. Still its cool having your tyres chirp on gear change, I use to be able to do it sometimes in my old Paseo was joy :lol:

Play with it a bit more, you dont need to chirp it to hit lift between gears. Just get a bit smoother.

Play with it a bit more, you dont need to chirp it to hit lift between gears. Just get a bit smoother.

Yeah, i could do it smoother on the stock Bridgestones. I've got worn Nankang tyres so traction is somewhat lacking these days... Also, it's never happened before, i've got 70,000km on the stock clutch and just this weekend... 1st gear stuck! :angry: I jinx'd myself coz now i can't land lift. I guess i'm going to have to do the clutch adjustment now. doh!

Will do at the next red light i get :lol:

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic, but i just need to know cos my friend is arguing that by maintaining lift from 1->2 on a stock sportivo requires slipping the clutch which is less efficient.

However, i said that you dont need to slip the clutch (but we cant prove this cos we don't know anyone who has a stock sportivo)

So to set things straight, how do you maintain lift from 1->2 (on a stock sportivo)? - do you keep the revs up? and if so is it more efficient/faster?

btw, theres a $100 riding on this bet lol.