It's so true!!!

Zeus

The following is a 'blog' I found on the net. I don't want to bag on the city I live in but, I must say this guy has taken the words straight from my mouth with this one. I couldn't agree more!!!

"I have just moved to Perth 8 months ago after living in Adelaide for 22 years and I must say the road system in Adelaide is absolutely appalling. Man hole covers right on the wheel tracks.... absolutely genius idea that one was! Rather congested 2 lane arterial roads with lots of traffic lights, and the southern expressway. Well don't even get me started on that. I had relatives come over and I took them down the "expressway" and they laughed at it, it's a joke! Now I know Perth has a totally different set up but it is an absolute pleasure to drive over here having beautiful freeways and dead smooth roads everywhere. I own a sports car and it was coming to the point of giving my car suspension damage in Adelaide not to mention the constant jarring of my body. Adelaide is too far gone to fix many of the roads there. South road is always going to be a piece of s**t and same with most of the arterial roads into the city. The roads are too heavily used with no detour roads to handle the traffic in major roadwork's. And then the other option of public transport in Adelaide. With the state of the buses and trains I don't blame people for driving to work, its disgusting sometimes. For those who have been on Perth's public transportation system know how clean and efficient it is. Rated as one of the best in the world. Adelaide's problem roads are going to take years of slow work to bring them up to standards of the other states."

Unfortunately SA's so called 'roads' have already taken their toll on my Camry >:(

Edited by Zeus

roads are bad?

maybe so, but you dont get the traffic sydney has and you dont have the road tolls we have to pay!

its a refreshing change to drive round the old neighbourhood in adelaide compared to sydneys roads... if i still lived there i wouldnt complain.

When I was over in Adelaide for the Uni games back in 2002, the public transport system kicked major ***** compared to Sydney's inefficient crowded mess. Buses on major routes every 15 minutes, combined bus/tram/rail network ticketing system, bus routes covering major arterial roads (more a result of the design of the city, but still good)

Hell, even Sydney's public transport system is better than Newcastle's. We have 2 train lines - one southwest, one northwest. Only on a few bus routes do the buses run more frequently than once an hour. The buses are ALWAYS late. There aren't enough buses on the major routes around school times, so you end up sharing the bus with 50 loud and sweaty school kids. Bus prices have risen more than 50% in the last 5 years.

Thank *** I don't catch the bus to uni any more, I'd be forced to shoot myself

I guess it's just this one dude's opinion, as well as mine. I still think the roads here are in shocking disrepair, and the man hole covers right on the wheel line, what the hell is that??? Don't get me wrong, apart from the roads I still love Adelaide.

I use the m5 to go to uni during my undergraduate years (about 4 years ago), and have recently returned to uni and its amazing the amount of increasing cars on the roads compared to 4 years ago.

Before I could leave at 7 and arrive by 8............if I leave at seven now I get there around 8:30am......time to travel in my conquest instead of the sportivo.....its getting tiring

Having lived in both Perth (i like to consider myself from perth, as my fondest school years were done there) and Adelaide for some time, i have to agree with this whole heartedly!

When it rains, Grenfell/Currie streets flood... Goodwood Rd, Fullarton Rd and Glen Osmond Rd (yes, i lived south-ish) are just as bad, and the only thing close to proper highways in adelaide are Anzac Pde, Gepps Crossing (the great divide) and the Southern Expressway...both of which are jokes.

Perth on the other hand... freeways as far as the suburbs go (in some places 4 lanes either side, eg Kwinana and Mitchell Fwys), and a cracking trainline that does the same route in between.

That said, the one thing adelaide cbd has going for it is the grid design, its impossible to lose yourself in it. Viva la Farmers Union!

PS - Now living the Canberra region (sigh, again), the roads here have gone the way of SA (a byproduct of self government methinks). Stop building big apartment complexes Canberra, and inject some money back into the transport system!

Heh, this is turning into a completely different topic now. But border line, Adelaide is a great city, but they seem to put no money at all into road maintenance. And in the end it contributes to making this place look like a s**t hole!

P.S. I could really go for some fritz right now...

SA GREAT!

coz they dont have fritz in sydney...

It's called Devon in NSW, and you can get it everywhere

then what the hell is the difference between devon and berlina - both of which are in nsw?? in perth its called paloney (i guess a bastardisation of the american baloney)...

haha, off topic indeed... :rolleyes:

i was watching an episode of "fresh" on channel 9 earlier this week.. they were at the barossa valley where they showed a different variant of fritz.. looked more salami in looks.