What problems have you had?

Tmaster100

[Vent]Ok why do you want it removed.. really.. i dont think there is a limiter to start with and anything above 240kms is hard to get to and stupid.

where do you live? top speed limit around there is what 110.. when i went to 240 i was pushing the aurion to its limits..

Sure its built for speed but at that speed a bump in the road can make you loose control. Toyota will not remove a saftety feature. and if you do it yourself you will void the warrenty. Actually i hope they do remove the limiter.(if there is one) so you can hurry up and kill yourself.

[/Vent]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can answer why he wants to do it

BECAUSE HE"S A STUPID TWIT

and basically wants to be a hero. Little does he realise being a P plater you dont have great control of the car and even less so at those stupid speeds. Go on the track and get those speeds if you can handle your car well enough to get a decent time.

And no i havent been on the track, for several reasons....

I can answer why he wants to do it

BECAUSE HE"S A STUPID TWIT

and basically wants to be a hero. Little does he realise being a P plater you dont have great control of the car and even less so at those stupid speeds. Go on the track and get those speeds if you can handle your car well enough to get a decent time.

And no i havent been on the track, for several reasons....

Yes, there is a limiter around 242 km. I watched a clip at youtube that no matter how hard the peron accerlate, the speed does not go beyond that speed.

People will not learn until they are in trouble themselves. I never speed but I drove to the speed limit ignoring any road condition, until I had a serious car accident this July when I drove throu a slippery surface, lost control and rolled over into an 8m embankment. My Camry was a total loss, I lost my memory on the accident + 2 hrs before the incident, but luckily I broke no bone and suffered no internal injury. Only have a 6 inches cut on my head, spent a few days in the hospital. I am very lucky to be alive because I was driving in country area 7 in the morning and I could have been bleeded to death before anyone found me.

I used to wonder why people drive so slow in rainny days, now I know and I will do the same although my ZR6 has a lot more safety features than my poor camry.

You can do it does not mean you should do it. Think about your love ones before gambling with your own life.

Edited by Kmg

Well i thought i would pop back and let all know what progress so far.

After 4 days in the dealer the remote control problem was fixed, finally. But now the Air conditioner is not working properly and after a 25km drive in 27deg heat the inside of the car finally cooled down. If i drive the car at 60km/hr the air conditioner is not cold at all, the only time it it cool is at high RPM! So i need to drive around in 2nd or 3rd to cool the car down - WTF!! So here we go again, back to the dealer for the 7th time and so far 11 days and counting.

There is also creeking and cracking around the radio area and where the clock is now no doubt contributed to pulling the entire dash out previously as once you pull things apart they are never the same.

After responses from Toyota they simply wiped their hands clean of the problem and reffered it back to the dealer who would rather sell icecreams then change a car over. And yes, the dealer is Jarvis Toyota at Tonsley Park, SA so for all you Adelaide people, avoid them as they dont do pre-deliveries properly (you paid for it remember) and they take your money and don't give a s-h-i-t.

I still reinterate that this car is a heap of s-h-i-t lemon no matter what the views of others are like and as mentioned i wont be buying another (Toy)ota again. I have just had it with this car.

I agree with you. Your car is a lemon and I would feel the same way as you if my car turned out to be so unreliable. I still think that Toyota produces better quality cars compare to most of other car manufacturers. Remembering how many cars they sell around the world, you will bound to get lemons. Unfortunately, due to their recent high growth, they have slipped in quality and customer satisfaction. This has proven by the latest recalls of the RAV4 V6, TRD Aurion and the Corolla earlier this year.

Maybe buy a "near new" car next time. At least you can test drive it and have an independent inspection. Buying brand new could be a lottery as you can't exactly pick the car you want. And yes, people should avoid Jarvis Toyota dealership. If they did their pre-delivery inspection properly, that car should not have been delivered to you in the first place!

i wanted it to be removed so that i can see how fast it can really go. ive got experience from germany and turkey autobahns so for those that think i got no experience because im on my ps, your wrong. i have received track driving lessons in austria. i have not took the aurion to the track here yet because of my studies as i got no time for that at the moment. plus im not going to risk over 240 on the eastern freeway. only place is the nt and road trip towards queensland. one slight bump on the road ofcourse at over 240 is critical but those that got nothing to do but give **** to people, dont tell me you guys dont speed. i do think of the loved ones and it does sound crazy for australians because you guys have never seen those speeds but its quite normal in europe. why do you think freeways are 100 kmh limited down here?? because australians have low experience. i just wanted to share somethng with you guys and all i get is hassle. dont think the aurion is not safe at high speeds. it is. its all up in the drivers hands.

I agree with you. Your car is a lemon

Well i emailed Toyota again first thing this morning to both their Customer Relations Department and to another person there and surprise, surprise, not a single response, then again they can't make a quality car so how can they type and email or make a phone call or are they hoping i will simply disappear like many others? If it's the latter i have only just begun my quest (Toy)ota.

Next step is to poster the windows on the car and leave it parked outside Jarvis Toyota. I am sure the guys at the Mitsubishi plant next door will have a good laugh and take it in their stride! I already have a collegue making a vinyl sign in large white lettering which will be placed on the rear window next week. There is nothing like advertising huh?

I went to see legal today and they said there is no law in Australia to protect new car buyers and they hope that one day it will be like the USA whereas if you return your car 3 times for similar faults it must be replaced for a new one. If this law kicks in over here (likely not) it will sure put all the manufacturers on notice.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

i wanted it to be removed so that i can see how fast it can really go. ive got experience from germany and turkey autobahns so for those that think i got no experience because im on my ps, your wrong. i have received track driving lessons in austria. i have not took the aurion to the track here yet because of my studies as i got no time for that at the moment. plus im not going to risk over 240 on the eastern freeway. only place is the nt and road trip towards queensland. one slight bump on the road ofcourse at over 240 is critical but those that got nothing to do but give **** to people, dont tell me you guys dont speed. i do think of the loved ones and it does sound crazy for australians because you guys have never seen those speeds but its quite normal in europe. why do you think freeways are 100 kmh limited down here?? because australians have low experience. i just wanted to share somethng with you guys and all i get is hassle. dont think the aurion is not safe at high speeds. it is. its all up in the drivers hands.

mate your a fcuking d!ckhead dont talk your sh!t on our forums like that - AGAIN. We dealt with the fact that your dad is soooo awesome he can do burnouts, sorry no donuts inside, sorry no outside the factory in the AWD sorry no 2WD sorry no 6WD Aurion Sportivo, dont start all your stories up again.

I dont care how much driving experience you say you've had, i'm sure you've had just as much experience as everyone of those guys i see crushed against a pole on the evening news. Your on your P's mate pull your bloody head in and lose the ego, your not winning any friends by talking all this sh!t on a web forum. You've recieved track driving lessons in Austria big fcking woop hows that any different to the thousands of courses that the members here have done in Australia, not to mention actual competiton and track days members have done.

Australia has speed limits because of people like you - young d1ckheads with massive ego's and no respect for the fact that a car is a weapon and can seriously hurt or kill u and others. Get over yourself mate.

And im pretty sure there's not a speed limiter on the Aurion, perhaps thats just how fast it goes... ever thought about that? Not that you need it to go anywhere near that speed cos its a FAMILY CAR.

I am sorry if my friendly advice offended you. You are a hot shot, so go ahead and have fun. Just don't do it on public road. You might jeopardize other road users' life if you do.

I only drive within speed limit, will speed up a bit on situation like using overtake lane on country side of course, but I never develop a habit like most drivers who take speed limit +10km as normal. I was honked, flashed, tailed and even fingered by angry speeders often. Some people just don't like to speed, so keep the accusaton 'dont tell me you guys dont speed' to yourself.

As I said, people NEVER LEARN until it is too late.

As I said, people NEVER LEARN until it is too late.

Really good point mate. And its also good to note that this is a web forum, and if you parade around talking about everything you have done on the street, you are going to give the club a bad name so that every police officer out there will see a TOCAU car and immediately think of street racing. Not to mention also if you have talking about speeding/street racing etc and also posted pics of your car....

lol good luck on both accounts for getting it removed and hitting over 240km/h (I expect you would do the sensible thing and taking it to a space shuttle landing strip?), should aim for 300km/h and then you can claim to feel the speed of an F1 driver..... Richard Hammond will be proud of you ;).

it was scary enough hitting 220-230km on a performance vehicle (Skyline R34 with alot of handling mods) I cant imagine on a lumbering family car! (stock)

your so funny that you dont know that stock to stock aurion is more reliable than r34 at high speeds. if you got the balls bring your r34 to the freeway and see the result for yourself.

Wow... I think you just proved how much of a d1ckhead you really are... Congrats. :yahoo:

I think we have a new WOTM

lol good luck on both accounts for getting it removed and hitting over 240km/h (I expect you would do the sensible thing and taking it to a space shuttle landing strip?), should aim for 300km/h and then you can claim to feel the speed of an F1 driver..... Richard Hammond will be proud of you ;).

it was scary enough hitting 220-230km on a performance vehicle (Skyline R34 with alot of handling mods) I cant imagine on a lumbering family car! (stock)

your so funny that you dont know that stock to stock aurion is more reliable than r34 at high speeds. if you got the balls bring your r34 to the freeway and see the result for yourself.

Wow... I think you just proved how much of a d1ckhead you really are... Congrats. :yahoo:

youre very mature. where do you learn these cool jokes? sad.

Edited by Buri_ZR6

Mate last time i checked you needed a full licence to be able to get an international licence. Now you being on your P's, i thought you go from P's to blacks, not the other way around. So tell me how were you driving on those roads? Was it illegally? Or was someone else driving and you were in the passenger seat? There is a big difference and your history on the forum tends to make us not believe that you have driven on these roads and done these courses.

Always comes back to the boy that cried wolf!!! :whistling:

LMFAO!

And buri, yeah my jokes are funny, i guess i learnt them from the same place that taught u to spin sh!t and make up stories about anything u feel like.

Mate last time i checked you needed a full licence to be able to get an international licence. Now you being on your P's, i thought you go from P's to blacks, not the other way around. So tell me how were you driving on those roads? Was it illegally? Or was someone else driving and you were in the passenger seat? There is a big difference and your history on the forum tends to make us not believe that you have driven on these roads and done these courses.

Haha

Mmm Licencing...

He's had his track experience, he's done 240km/hr...

What's your CAMS licence number champ? And why do you still drive an Automatic car???

Someone of your skill could surely drive a manual? Or have you got one of those auto-only P-plate licences??

And nobody thinks you're awesome when you do 240km/hr on a public road

SO tempted to do a write-up on brain physiology and chemistry with respect to the effects of hormones in adolescents.

But I have so many better things to do with my time.

When I was learning to drive, my mother gave me the best piece of advice: When you're driving on the roads, just remember - you're not only driving your car, you're driving everybody elses. This way, it makes bad drivers more predictable. I will now keep an eye out for Aurions.

Thanks mum.

hitting 220 in a aurion is nothing.. feels fine.. stearing feels light thats about it..

I have yet to find a speed limiter on the aurion.. 240 is as fast as i have gone in it.. if you want to go faster your crazy..

Yes i did this legally.. NT only put limits on there open road not long ago :)

Your skyline r34 must of been ****.. :P

thought they were speed limited to 180 factory default

Not talking about a straight line here, this is track with turns, if youve managed to maintain highspeeds around a track with other cars around u, you'd know the feeling. hitting 200 over and breaking hard into an apex is scary.

But in regards to straights, Take it to a long stretch of drag strip and can reach 300km/h easy, and btw my car has been modified so yes the 180 limiter was removed.

and yes I do own a zr6 and easily say it im more alert and conscious when taking this car around corners, and anyways the only drawback for me is that the car sits too high to my liking. its like siting in a echo thats big. everything else is sweet :).

I can bag the Aurion on performance against but why....., its comparing oranges to apples, my old car was built for performance, the zr6 is comfort and economy with decent grunt.

Edited by AcoustiK

Couldnt agree more :),

Lol bring it on booooyyyy lols, see you there sunday... You have no clue Buri...

Haha

Mmm Licencing...

He's had his track experience, he's done 240km/hr...

What's your CAMS licence number champ? And why do you still drive an Automatic car???

Someone of your skill could surely drive a manual? Or have you got one of those auto-only P-plate licences??

And nobody thinks you're awesome when you do 240km/hr on a public road

i never said i have a cams license. i said i would like to get one. i have 2 licenses. one full turkish license and my australian ps license. my license in turkey is full and its accepted as international. thats how i drove in austria and germany, using my turkish license. kapish?

Edited by Buri_ZR6

lol. this one of the most interesting threads ive come across. i reckon it should deserve a :toast: prize hehe

u got a dude in ps thinking their pro, whilst a sorry case of minority - a toyota lemon!

i have been driving & own toyotas all my life (sad i know) and usually i would classify them as a lemon when they are 300,000kms or above. european cars may be more "reliable" and perhaps retain a better residual value, but we're talking about the exy euros like bmw and merc - most of them are thirsty anyway!

dont get me started on vw's. i know 5 owners of golf and passat vehicles just randomly stalling whilst driving (even on autos <_< ), all of whom purchased their cars from 5 different dealers.

re the toyota lemon, blueaurion mate i really dont know what your options are. though i really dont like to watch TT & ACA, i always seem to be up to date with the lemon car stories. that chick with the lemon vw beetle and another with a holden got new cars, but had to pay $5000 more. thats only after going to the media and getting aca to chase them. i think its also harder in your case because everyone knows that toyotas are reliable (or at least retain the lowest external failure ratio)

this problem of random unreliability is not "uncommon" though. i know 2 production blocks of camry sportivo and aletza out of the vic plant that are plagued with problems. unfortunately one of them has claimed another friend of mine. till this day its only those 2 blocks of camry.

Buri_ZR6, i dont know how old u are, but to me u sound like a stereotypical p plater i come across every freakin day of my life, with cars that cost more than they can ever afford, and drive to prove their "status" on the rd. i throw rotten eggs at them whenever they cut me off. (nxt time if u see a guy in a camry throwing eggs, PM ME :yahoo:)

plz prove me wrong and just do the sensible thing, DRIVE responsibly.

lol. this one of the most interesting threads ive come across. i reckon it should deserve a :toast: prize hehe

u got a dude in ps thinking their pro, whilst a sorry case of minority - a toyota lemon!

i have been driving & own toyotas all my life (sad i know) and usually i would classify them as a lemon when they are 300,000kms or above. european cars may be more "reliable" and perhaps retain a better residual value, but we're talking about the exy euros like bmw and merc - most of them are thirsty anyway! ...

Hi Wixy,

Totally agree - as mentioned elsewhere in this forum and even in this thread. My current Presara is not perfect but I've made my choice over other cars including Peugeot, VW, BMW and Merc. I am still owing a BMW but just to please my wife. Please don't tell me "Euro" cars are more "reliable".

BH

i have been driving & own toyotas all my life (sad i know) and usually i would classify them as a lemon when they are 300,000kms or above. european cars may be more "reliable" and perhaps retain a better residual value, but we're talking about the exy euros like bmw and merc - most of them are thirsty anyway! ...

Hi Wixy,

Totally agree - as mentioned elsewhere in this forum and even in this thread. My current Presara is not perfect but I've made my choice over other cars including Peugeot, VW, BMW and Merc. I am still owing a BMW but just to please my wife. Please don't tell me "Euro" cars are more "reliable".

BH

Ive been told by mechanics that beemers arent too great and tend to break down. Mercs on the other hand are.

Just to note, Before I got my Zr6 I was looking at:

Merc c200 compressor (Sedan) SHand

BMW E46's 320i/ci, 330i/ci, 525i, 530i, SHand

Holden VE,

Mazda 6's SHand

Passat Jetta TDI SHand

New Lancer VRX

All had their merits and downers, at the end is was between the vrx and zr6, i opted for the zr6 due to Employee discount and that vrx with features equalling to the zr6 (plus more e.g. Rockford fosgate ICE) would be ridiculous in price for a small car but i tell you what... Mitsubishi finally hit the mark this time with the lancer...