Drive Claims New Tarago pulls a 14.993 & Falcon 14.593 WTF??

Hi Guys,

I just read this article on Drive where they are doing a comparison between a Porshe Cayenne, Tarago & Falcon.

They claim that the Tarago pulled a 14.9 and the Falcon a 14.593, are they on drugs? What's your opinion?

Here is the Link

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...=44733&vf=2

Thanks

Chris

I'd believe it...

New V6 Tarago hammers :) :) :) ... Only pain in the ***** is the Traction Control, can't turn it off and as soon as it wants to spin the tyres it bogs down bigtime...

Hey sorry, I forgot to mention, I believe the tarago's time slip, but not so much the FALCON?

Falcon is lighter, little less power but more Torque...

Sounds about right for the Falcon...

That's interesting because I've seen tested times of the Ford Falcon Boss 290 squeezing a 5.7 Second 0 - 100 time and a 14.5 second quarter mile.

Street Machine Mag did an article on this topic of people movers a few years ago. It proved the tarago can pull between 14.5 and 15.0 sec quater mile times constantly. There were also several other vans in this test as well. It showed and proved that people movers are one of the quickest passenger vehicles produced.

Moral of this story is not to call up a ****** off mum at the lights with a van full of 10year old soccer brats cause you may get a surprise :spiteful:

Edited by danield

I'd believe it...

New V6 Tarago hammers :) :) :) ... Only pain in the ***** is the Traction Control, can't turn it off and as soon as it wants to spin the tyres it bogs down bigtime...

If only the Tarago i hired to take to Port Stephens had traction control. We had a full van-load and on a hill, the auto kept spinning the wheels while trying to take off from the lights...it wasn't a fun drive. :ph34r::blink:

Whats the worry, it was a Rental hahaha...

nah. it's just that i got stuck on a hill with a whole line of traffic behind me. the van just couldn't grab enough traction to get moving. bl00dy embarrassing. LOL

Yeah, they started with the Avalons...

Now they seem to be coming out in everything... Kluger, Tarago, Avalon... Okay, well not everything but you get my point lol...

People push them down too far, stretch the cables and they're stuffed...

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid... Guess it was done to free up centre console room, they should've kept it on the right hand side like the TCR Model Taragos...

Yeah, they started with the Avalons...

Now they seem to be coming out in everything... Kluger, Tarago, Avalon... Okay, well not everything but you get my point lol...

People push them down too far, stretch the cables and they're stuffed...

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid... Guess it was done to free up centre console room, they should've kept it on the right hand side like the TCR Model Taragos...

arn't you guys missing the point, since when has a Stock Falcon pulled a 14.5?