This place has gone to the hole...

MR22ZZ

As previously observered, the 2ZZ and IZZ's modficiation capabilities have almost been exhausted. Successful turbo and supercharging setups have highlighted this. Where to from here? I'm not too sure - there are only so many VTEC vs VVTi-L, Sportivo Vs Renault and Toyota unreliability/economy threads i can read.

These engines have no where near been exhausted?

2 Turbo setups does not in my mind define an exhausted modification route.

No one has as yet truly explored the NA route for the street with definitive numbers.

There is 1 S/C car in NZ with another on the way here.

There's also several other options going around the place which have not been demonstrated here as well...

But wait, if we take it right back to the beginning... if they did have "the money", would they have bought a Corolla in the first place? Doubtful.

H.E.L.L YES i would buy the rolla ..... sorry jimmy totally disagree with you :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ..... looks like ur inheriting traits from ur bro ..... the you know nothing trait is flowing strong in u :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

OK, huge thread revival - and huge turnaround for me... inspired by a short thread in the Camry Section entitled "Why do so few people post...".

Yes, at the start of this here thread, I posted a decent whinge defending new members to this forum, and took a jab at the old boys club who seemed to miss their exclusivity around here. Whilst I am certainly not going to take any of that back, I am now publicly admitting to, perhaps, seeing the light - as originally pointed out by MR22ZZ, Blue_Rolla and co.

Why? Due to the same reason that would answer the aforementioned Camry thread - that is, lack of intelligent life. Yes, this is a car forum which is used as a medium for advice, exchange of parts, etc etc. Yet, not so long ago, this was also a community with a lot happening at any one time, whether car related, humorous, or not. Some decent threads not so long ago, which hit up a storm, included: The Federal Election, Petrol Prices, Anti-Hoon laws, good in car music, giving up smoking, flaming people for blatant misuse of their vehicles, and even my own pointless, yet nonetheless fun, entry ranting over the decline in quality at Domino's Pizza...

What do we have now? A den of children demonstrating nothing other than a phenomenal increase in the rate of English language incompetence!!

So why aren't people posting anymore? Because the only thread to get a kick out of is MR22ZZ's Word Association - which, too, is being poisoned. I have no social life whatsoever, so I jump on here to find something I can have a bit of fun with. What do I find? That, in one night, the only major contribution is another 2 pages added to "who left the note on my car" - which has turned into a perfect display of the lack of spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; not to mention silly girls proud of their moral bankruptcy...

Ignorance must be bliss...

Leroy

Edited by Leroy

I think the decline could be due to alot of the "old boys" over east selling their Corolla's or reaching a stablish point in terms of mods; however the generally feeling amongst us WA people is pretty good at the moment we are all beginning to do some serious modification which is reflected in our various threads/discussions on the board. Angelo's project is probably the only serious one at the moment but I am sure there will be many more to come. So just as the Eastern side is starting to wind down Corolla modification, WA (aka Wait Awhile) is just getting started.

Edited by Seano

OK, huge thread revival - and huge turnaround for me... inspired by a short thread in the Camry Section entitled "Why do so few people post...".

Yes, at the start of this here thread, I posted a decent whinge defending new members to this forum, and took a jab at the old boys club who seemed to miss their exclusivity around here. Whilst I am certainly not going to take any of that back, I am now publicly admitting to, perhaps, seeing the light - as originally pointed out by MR22ZZ, Blue_Rolla and co.

Why? Due to the same reason that would answer the aforementioned Camry thread - that is, lack of intelligent life. Yes, this is a car forum which is used as a medium for advice, exchange of parts, etc etc. Yet, not so long ago, this was also a community with a lot happening at any one time, whether car related, humorous, or not. Some decent threads not so long ago, which hit up a storm, included: The Federal Election, Petrol Prices, Anti-Hoon laws, good in car music, giving up smoking, flaming people for blatant misuse of their vehicles, and even my own pointless, yet nonetheless fun, entry ranting over the decline in quality at Domino's Pizza...

What do we have now? A den of children demonstrating nothing other than a phenomenal increase in the rate of English language incompetence!!

So why aren't people posting anymore? Because the only thread to get a kick out of is MR22ZZ's Word Association - which, too, is being poisoned. I have no social life whatsoever, so I jump on here to find something I can have a bit of fun with. What do I find? That, in one night, the only major contribution is another 2 pages added to "who left the note on my car" - which has turned into a perfect display of the lack of spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; not to mention silly girls proud of their moral bankruptcy...

Leroy

Very well said.

I dont even bother looking in club lounge lately. There's just no point. I must be getting old, I dont understand a word most people post.

Leroy

Very well said.

I dont even bother looking in club lounge lately. There's just no point. I must be getting old, I dont understand a word most people post.

You must unlearn what you have learnnnnnnnt...

You must unlearn what you have learnnnnnnnt...

learnt isn't even a word... <_<

Learn \Learn\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Learned, or Learnt (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Learning.]

[OE. lernen, leornen, AS. leornian; akin to OS. lin[=o]n, for lirn[=o]n, OHG. lirn[=e]n, lern[=e]n, G. lernen, fr. the root of AS. l?ran to teach, OS. l[=e]rian, OHG. l[=e]ran, G. lehren, Goth. laisjan, also Goth lais I know, leis acquainted (in comp.); all prob. from a root meaning, to go, go over, and hence, to learn; cf. AS. leoran to go . Cf. Last a mold of the foot, lore.]

1. To gain knowledge or information of; to ascertain by inquiry, study, or investigation; to receive instruction concerning; to fix in the mind; to acquire understanding of, or skill; as, to learn the way; to learn a lesson; to learn dancing; to learn to skate; to learn the violin; to learn the truth about something. ``Learn to do well.'' --Is. i. 17.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree. --Matt. xxiv. 32.

2. To communicate knowledge to; to teach. [Obs.]

:angry: Here we go again, CES, oh yeah, that’s right, you don’t need dyno figures, consumption figures or any kind of tests with actual results, it just feels good on the track, righto…… and you wonder why seasoned members are no longer on these forums? Sold the Corolla, er, wrong answer. P1ssed off, er, right answer. Nice to see moderators at work, this always comes up, doesn’t it from time to time. I do not expect this post to be modified or deleted, as past posts have by other members that have left for the same reason. Oh yeah, banning, where appropriate, I agree, banned by this post just proves my point. :angry:

:angry: Here we go again, CES, oh yeah, that’s right, you don’t need dyno figures, consumption figures or any kind of tests with actual results, it just feels good on the track, righto…… and you wonder why seasoned members are no longer on these forums? Sold the Corolla, er, wrong answer. P1ssed off, er, right answer. Nice to see moderators at work, this always comes up, doesn’t it from time to time. I do not expect this post to be modified or deleted, as past posts have by other members that have left for the same reason. Oh yeah, banning, where appropriate, I agree, banned by this post just proves my point. :angry:

There is no mention of CES in here but anyway ..... please see http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=223073

• 3 weeks later...

This place is boring again. Nelsons playground is dying. Help it.

omn1potent, I wish you luck in your quest to beat the internet. I hear the end boss is hard.

Is this place really gone to the hole?

Just saw the board stats and"

Most users ever online was 938 on Yesterday, 05:04 PM

Guess everyone is just looking and not posting (which is not really a bad thing)