The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

w9uush.jpg

I have a similar spot in my house...should i commision an artist to do one of my Aurion,say mashing it down the freeway in the wet. :P

Bedroom ceiling :P

Naaaa... A mirror should go there. :lol:

Say I have a Raid setup using the following ingredients:

2x Identical hard drives

Raid capable motherboard (using onboard Raid controller)

Raid 1 setup

Windows 7 install

In the event that one of my hard drives fail, does the other hard drive carry on as if nothing happens or...?

now, another stupid question from me:

how tight should you do up the sump bolt? i'm guessing tight so the washer crushes is too hard? LOL.................................................. -_-

Say I have a Raid setup using the following ingredients:

2x Identical hard drives

Raid capable motherboard (using onboard Raid controller)

Raid 1 setup

Windows 7 install

In the event that one of my hard drives fail, does the other hard drive carry on as if nothing happens or...?

Thats pretty much RAID 1 in a nutshell IIRC. Been a while since I looked at RAID so I'm not the most reliable source. As far as I remember it, RAID 1 is pretty much 2 drives with identical information, so if 1 dies the other just keeps on keeping on. You just rip out the dead one and replace it and the system will automatically mirror all your data over to the new drive.

nar tighten it till it goes loose again and then you know your right

yeah cuz i went to buy the sump bolt washer from toyota (bloody 1.50ea). the guy said that i'm supposed to change it every time i drop the oil. :huh:

well i can tell u guys that mine lasted 7 yrs before i crushed it and it was plastic, not metal like the ones i bought last couple of weeks. (that is of course the original one was replaced by the plastic one i had on my car)

yeah cuz i went to buy the sump bolt washer from toyota (bloody 1.50ea). the guy said that i'm supposed to change it every time i drop the oil. :huh:

well i can tell u guys that mine lasted 7 yrs before i crushed it and it was plastic, not metal like the ones i bought last couple of weeks. (that is of course the original one was replaced by the plastic one i had on my car)

Lol your toyota is a rip my toyota gave em for free :clap:

While technically you should have a washer, I haven't had a washer for the last 30000km on mine :P

Stupid question for me

What's a single ray lens & double ray lens. What's the difference and how is it better?

And has any1 heard of the term hella 1 and hella 2nd generation?

When installing speakers (+ the crossover) into the door panels, in terms of electrical safety; what should I look out for?

Also, same question applies but to the headunit?

Just have any exposed wiring insulated to prevent short circuiting. With relation to speakers in the doors, just also make sure the wiring/speakers are clear of moving parts of the window. Apart from that, there is nothing else you really have to be careful about.

When installing speakers (+ the crossover) into the door panels, in terms of electrical safety; what should I look out for?

Also, same question applies but to the headunit?

The doors usually have a plastic sheet of some kind inside them, handy reminder that everything "outside" of that sheet will most likely get wet when it rains, so try and avoid running wires there or cutting holes in the sheet (or ungluing the sheet itself).

Here is my stupid question, when locking and unlocking the Aurion, does the beep beep sound come from the same speaker as the horn or is it separate?

It comes from a little piezo on the back of each headlight. One of them is circled in the following photo. The blue and white wires to the side of it are what runs it:

dsc03165ep3.jpg

What's the chance of getting a punctured tyre? Thinking of taking out the spare tyre but don't know if it's worth the risk.

Murphy's Law mate.

The entire time I had my last Aurion and my Camry, I had not once required the spare. I did get a few nails in the tires here and there but it didn't cause a leak. It was only during a rotation that I found them.

But, the moment you remove your spare, the chance of needing it will probably increase.

What are you planning on doing?

What's the chance of getting a punctured tyre? Thinking of taking out the spare tyre but don't know if it's worth the risk.

Murphy's Law mate.

The entire time I had my last Aurion and my Camry, I had not once required the spare. I did get a few nails in the tires here and there but it didn't cause a leak. It was only during a rotation that I found them.

But, the moment you remove your spare, the chance of needing it will probably increase.

What are you planning on doing?

Fill the spare tyre compartment with DELICIOUS CANDY AND COOKIES :toast: :P

Thought i would save some weight but i guess it's best to keep the tyre there.

Thought i would save some weight but i guess it's best to keep the tyre there.

1400 (or whatever the Aurion weighs) - 25kg = still heavy.

More like 1600kg, but the point is still valid.