The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

I'm going to assume you use utorrent. Apparently this is an issue that is occurring with the newer versions. So try going back to an older working version and see what happens.

you were right, the drive letter changed. i found out how to fix it , thanks.

just wondering how everyone got the tickets to the oprah show at the operah house? thanks

Man I don't know. But I know how to find out:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+did+everyone+get+Oprah+Australia+tickets

Mate, there are so many questions you have that can be answered by a much larger database than what we here are able to provide. There is a reason why Search Engines were created.

I mean open the torrent file again and locate the previous location of the old files. It should continue from where it left off.

im sorry im really confused(im a noob) could you please explain it step by step im not sure what im doing..

Mr. Toyoda????

I mean open the torrent file again and locate the previous location of the old files. It should continue from where it left off.

im sorry im really confused(im a noob) could you please explain it step by step im not sure what im doing..

Mr. Toyoda????

LOL, EK1, you got owned :P

LOL this thread should be call "HOW TO USE GOOGLE.COM"

lol.. I have this question: Why it's hard to get a job, currently I'm in really needed a job, Im a keen person who really need a job to pay the car, you name it. But sadly no one here where about I'm living willing to get/have a job for me. *cries* I simple don't want to go back to centrelink to. Too much hassel there plus nightmare. Any one wanna help me? Plz . Thanks everyone for reading this

lol.. I have this question: Why it's hard to get a job, currently I'm in really needed a job, Im a keen person who really need a job to pay the car, you name it. But sadly no one here where about I'm living willing to get/have a job for me. *cries* I simple don't want to go back to centrelink to. Too much hassel there plus nightmare. Any one wanna help me? Plz . Thanks everyone for reading this

If you can climb trees and swing a chainsaw i might have something for you.

If you can climb trees and swing a chainsaw i might have something for you.

Try seek.com.au

that might just do the trick :)

thanks everyone for your kind suggestions :D much thanks. *fingers cross* that this job agent will get me some work, as i've a interview for some labor work. plus any work is apart from climb trees and use and swing a chainsaw :| it's something that i've to say no. because i'm myself scare of height. but thanks for the job offer

1stkill :)

hey,

just wondering how do i get and apply for a bank teller job at the commonweath bank? i tried searching the whole website but couldnt find it? if anyone has the hyperlink for it can you please post it? i live in liverpool/fairfield area thanks

hey,

just wondering how do i get and apply for a bank teller job at the commonweath bank? i tried searching the whole website but couldnt find it? if anyone has the hyperlink for it can you please post it? i live in liverpool/fairfield area thanks

You obviously didn't look hard enough:

http://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/careers/

If a position is available, it will be listed. If not, then you can't apply.

Lucky I'm with Westpac... and in Brisbane.

• Like 1

hey,

You obviously didn't look hard enough:

http://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/careers/

If a position is available, it will be listed. If not, then you can't apply.

i found that page but it only listed other jobs - couldnt find a list for bank teller jobs

i tried the search as well but could only see other jobs and couldnt see any bank teller jobs

Edited by EK1

i found that page but it only listed other jobs - couldnt find a list for bank teller jobs

Other jobs huh? I am going to save what I was going to say and instead I will say this.

Why don't you call your local branch and ask them what a "Customer Service Representative" does. Because you will easily find that job title in their list on their website.

And as I said in my reply, you can only apply for a position that is available. If it's not available, subscribe to the "Job Alerts".

Other jobs huh? I am going to save what I was going to say and instead I will say this.

Why don't you call your local branch and ask them what a "Customer Service Representative" does. Because you will easily find that job title in their list on their website.

And as I said in my reply, you can only apply for a position that is available. If it's not available, subscribe to the "Job Alerts".

ohk cool thanks

If anyone was in the market to be a Train Driver I believe P&O have advertised positions for Echuca (Victoria).

Being in the industry I can say that it's a pretty cool job :D

hey,

Open an account while your at it.

hey,

just wondering if its okay to drive a turbo car on cold start(not warming it up) or is it better to get a turbo timer and turn the turbo off while the engine warms up then turn the turbo back on? thanks

the reason im asking this stupid question is because i dont like wasting fuel warming the car up. and heard on a tv show for normal engines it is okay to drive it without warming the engine up

hey,

just wondering if its okay to drive a turbo car on cold start(not warming it up) or is it better to get a turbo timer and turn the turbo off while the engine warms up then turn the turbo back on? thanks

the reason im asking this stupid question is because i dont like wasting fuel warming the car up. and heard on a tv show for normal engines it is okay to drive it without warming the engine up

That's not what a turbo timer does. The purpose of a turbo timer is to keep the engine running after you have stopped to allow coolant/oil to continue to circulate through the turbos whilst they cool down, preventing heat-soak and stopping the oil burning.

If you're worried about the turbos when the car is cold, simple - don't hit boost until the car is warm. Just as you shouldn't thrash an NA car when it is cold, neither should you thrash a turbo one.

That's not what a turbo timer does. The purpose of a turbo timer is to keep the engine running after you have stopped to allow coolant/oil to continue to circulate through the turbos whilst they cool down, preventing heat-soak and stopping the oil burning

my bad

If you're worried about the turbos when the car is cold, simple - don't hit boost until the car is warm. Just as you shouldn't thrash an NA car when it is cold, neither should you thrash a turbo one.

btw how does boost work? does it turn on at a certain rpm band?

btw how does boost work? does it turn on at a certain rpm band?

"Boost" refers to when the turbocharger/supercharger is working enough to produce positive pressure (ie above atmospheric) in the intake manifold - it is "boosting" the pressure. Its not a case of turning boost on or off though, it is purely a function of exhaust gas flow through the charger and can't really be controlled by the driver other than by using the throttle (note that some superchargers come with automatic clutches that can literally deactivate the charger, these can be rigged up to be operated manually or in certain conditions).

To put this into relative terms, I'll use my g/f's twin-turbo Soarer as an example. It has 2 turbochargers on an inline-6 1JZ engine - each turbo is fed the exhaust gases from 3 cylinders. As engine speed and load increases, the exhaust gas flow causes the exhaust turbine of the turbocharger to spin (like a fan running in reverse). This in turn drives a shaft which turns the compressor turbine, which (as the name suggests) compresses the air in the intake, increasing pressure and providing "boost". Now, in the case of the Soarer, the turbos are designed so that they start generating noticeable levels of boost at about 3000rpm - if you floor the car from idle you'll be a bit slow coming off the line, but hit 3000rpm and you'll get a big kick in the back as you hit positive pressure and the engine starts producing significantly more power. However, if you don't use full throttle, the exhaust gas flow isn't sufficient to create as much boost and you get a much smaller kick. And if you're just cruising along with very light throttle (and not much load on the engine), you won't be making boost at all - this is what I am referring to by "not hitting boost" when the engine is cold - keep engine rpms down and loads low by not accelerating hard, not using full throttle, and changing gears early. Then, when the car is warm (usually happens much faster in turbo cars than in NA because of the coolant getting heated by the turbos), you can drive harder.