The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

just need help with understanding english...

with the sentence below .. does it mean the 10$ specials are only available on sunday, monday, tuesday, wedensday and thursdays?

Come down to our Restaurant between Sunday and Thursday and enjoy our $10 Steak, Chicken Fillet, Battered Fish, Lamb Chops, Pork Chops, Spaghetti or German Kransky specials.

thanks

Is this a joke or you being serious??

LoL.. :lol: :D

My stupid Q,

Opened the thread 'What did you do to your car today', looked back through the pages. How did DJKOR manage to swear and not get censored? :blink: :blink:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22416&st=1875

Not that I wanna swear :lol:, just curious how did it go through?

hey,

i have a 2010 model camry altise and when i looked at the tyres it says 350kpa(51psi) max pressure

im wondering what i should pump the tyres at? because 51psi? it seems rather high..

Opened the thread 'What did you do to your car today', looked back through the pages. How did DJKOR manage to swear and not get censored? :blink: :blink:

The same way that Mick went around the swear filter. I was not a mod at the time, so I was posting on similar grounds. Besides, p***ed off isn't technically swearing.

But anyways, swearing rules are not being enforced.

• Like 1

This is what someone emailed me, thought id post it here :)

What would you do in this scenario....

It's raining and your sitting in your 98 Model Toyota Camry at the Liverpool train station car park waiting to pick someone up.

While waiting in the car, you notice a female in her mid 20s slip and fall while she is walking down the steps.

Will you either;

A) Do Nothing

B ) Laugh, yell out the window and beep the horn

C) Get out of the car and help her get up

D) Get out of the car walk up to her and ask her if she needs a hand, if she says yes then help her up.

E) Find a female who can lift her up to her feet

Depends on the seriousness of the fall. It it looks like she can pick her self up straight away and carry on, then I would do nothing. All depends on the situation at hand.

• Like 1

I actually saw a lady fall over the other day while i was in the car. I didnt think i had to get out to help, she didnt seem to hurt herself much. Although the construction worker who was right infront of her did NOTHING. Just stayed leaning against the pole.

this is what a much older, (english 2nd language) relative once asked me: "what kind of a person is that kind?"

**edit**

ok this is my own stupid question regarding digital cameras.

400k-pixel = 4 megapixels?

1024k pixel = 1megapixel

1024k pixel = 1megapixel

Yet another example of the confusion when people try to apply SI-prefixes to the binary system.....

In short, it depends on who you talk to or what you read. Some places will do the power-of-ten conversion and say that a megapixel is 1,000,000 pixels, others will take the binary conversion and say that a megapixel is 1048576 (ie 1024*1024) pixels. Same thing goes for hard-drives etc, it was simplified to normal powers of ten some time ago to make marketing easier - a 1-gigabyte hard drive will be 1,000,000,000 bytes, but if you look at technical uses (ie file sizes etc), 1 gigabyte is 1,073,741,824 bytes.

Since kilo/mega/giga etc are all SI-prefixes, they technically refer to power-of-ten orders of magnitude (ie thousand, million, billion etc). Since computers etc run in the binary system (power-of-two) To get around this confusion they changed the prefix system to kibi/mebi/gibi (ie 1024, 1048567, 1073741824). Most end-users will never see those terms used though, and will just keep using kilo/mega/giga etc interchangeably (even when it is technically wrong).

As an example, my 10MP (advertised) Panasonic FZ28 bridge camera produces 3648 x 2736 pixel photos, which equates to 9980928 pixels, which is much closer to 10,000,000 (10 megapixels) than it is to 10737418240 (10 Mebipixels)

As an aside, the camera world is rife with confusion and myth/hype in refernce to the two numbers commonly used to market them - megapixels and zoom. For instance, you actually have to QUADRUPLE the megapixel rating to get a doubling of resolution (or picture area), and zoom ratings (ignoring digital zoom for now) are actually the multiplication of the focal length.

• 2 weeks later...

im about to hire someone to retile my bathroom(cause my tiles are falling apart). im wondering should i expect all the tiles to line up perfectly? the reason im asking this is because when my parents bought the house both wall and floor tiles didn't line up properly(some were a few mm's off).

Edited by EK1

This morning on the way to work, someone went into the back of me. It wasnt a big hit but theres a deepish scratch mark and another smaller one. Ive never been in this situation before and i really didnt expect it to make any damage at all.

I took his licence details and rego plate, but i didnt manage to take a photo of his car - only realised after i left. ergh. It was a t intersection with a stop sign. As i went to stop he kept going and bumped me, even even said it was his fault so i dont think there will be problems.

But what im asking, where do i go from this? Should i get a quote for the repair and contact him?

I'll get pics up when im back at home.

Contact him and inform him the damages go get your quote today seeing how much the repair is if hes not happy and not willing to pay,Inform him that you will be going through insurance, Then Just tel your insurance give them his details and they will handle it but if its just a bumper scratch its just a respray on the back bar. For example i would tell you go get a quote and pay for the damaged i made, but you get some people out there that will ignore you and forget it happened, and if its been to late to go thru insurance your screwed in the long wrong, so if your going to help the guy out and hes a nice guy tel him its the cheapest way for him or insurance will slap him with a big fat access and fee's on top :)

im about to hire someone to retile my bathroom(cause my tiles are falling apart). im wondering should i expect all the tiles to line up? the reason im asking this is because when my parents bought the house both wall and floor tiles didn't line up properly.

I honestly reacon borat is smarter then you.

Contact him and inform him the damages go get your quote today seeing how much the repair is if hes not happy and not willing to pay,Inform him that you will be going through insurance, Then Just tel your insurance give them his details and they will handle it but if its just a bumper scratch its just a respray on the back bar. For example i would tell you go get a quote and pay for the damaged i made, but you get some people out there that will ignore you and forget it happened, and if its been to late to go thru insurance your screwed in the long wrong, so if your going to help the guy out and hes a nice guy tel him its the cheapest way for him or insurance will slap him with a big fat access and fee's on top :)

I just spoke to my brother about it, he said almost what you did. Its just a real pain because im usually working 6-7 days a week. Hopefully i can try get a quote today or tomorrow. I just dont need this.

dw, we all been in it before. if it able to be buffed out then ur sweet and less monye out of pocket from him. but if its one that cant be buffed out, then thru insurance u go. dont want it to be a bodged job and u wanna be loking like it before the accident happened

I just spoke to my brother about it, he said almost what you did. Its just a real pain because im usually working 6-7 days a week. Hopefully i can try get a quote today or tomorrow. I just dont need this.

If your too busy, Ask someone to take the car for you, and get it qouted, Someone you trust I.E your brother parents friend, But dont let it go too long, you dont want to be the one losing at the end.

IMO I would still go through insurance, even if it is only "just a scratch" - I had pretty much the same scenario in my old Camry, someone hit me from behind while I was stationary at lights. Even for a light hit it broke the board that sits over the spare wheel and put a few decent scratches on the bumper, the person who hit me said he knew a panel beater blah blah blah Easiest option for me was to go through insurance, when they're at fault they have to pay whatever their excess is, so too bad for them - they should have been paying attention and not hit you in the first place.

Let the insurance company do all the running around chasing him up and all you have to do is take it to your choice of repairer :)

IMO I would still go through insurance, even if it is only "just a scratch" - I had pretty much the same scenario in my old Camry, someone hit me from behind while I was stationary at lights. Even for a light hit it broke the board that sits over the spare wheel and put a few decent scratches on the bumper, the person who hit me said he knew a panel beater blah blah blah Easiest option for me was to go through insurance, when they're at fault they have to pay whatever their excess is, so too bad for them - they should have been paying attention and not hit you in the first place.

Let the insurance company do all the running around chasing him up and all you have to do is take it to your choice of repairer :)

But if the person was a good person, and had a option to pay 300 dollars instead of the insurance sending a quote for $1500. I rather help them out because we could be in a similar situation one day and karma's a B*tch

But if the person was a good person, and had a option to pay 300 dollars instead of the insurance sending a quote for $1500. I rather help them out because we could be in a similar situation one day and karma's a B*tch

Thanks for the advice everyone. I dont think i can do much about it today, i'll have to take tomorrow off to get things going because i dont want it to take a long time. I might get a few quotes at first but most likely will just go through insurance so its done correctly. Its also annoying because i need to get the car booked in for service too, sigh.