The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

IMO I would still go through insurance, even if it is only "just a scratch" - I had pretty much the same scenario in my old Camry, someone hit me from behind while I was stationary at lights. Even for a light hit it broke the board that sits over the spare wheel and put a few decent scratches on the bumper, the person who hit me said he knew a panel beater blah blah blah Easiest option for me was to go through insurance, when they're at fault they have to pay whatever their excess is, so too bad for them - they should have been paying attention and not hit you in the first place.

Let the insurance company do all the running around chasing him up and all you have to do is take it to your choice of repairer :)

But if the person was a good person, and had a option to pay 300 dollars instead of the insurance sending a quote for $1500. I rather help them out because we could be in a similar situation one day and karma's a B*tch

That's only if they don't have insurance though - although I do get your point, it could be a 21 y.o with an excess of $900 or so dollars but still, that's what an excess is for. I just think its better to let the insurance handle it all on your behalf, that way you're not getting involved in making promises to someone and you've actually got proper record of it happening, otherwise it can all just break down into an I said/They said scenario, not much good to try and threaten them with insurance later on. That's just my thoughts anyway, because yes I agree karma is a b!tch but after all, you've got to protect yourself in these situations because no one else well.

Best of luck with it all Synthetic05, just stay positive and do what you can do :) And then just think, when its back you're going to have a gorgeous shiny new rear end :D

IMO I would still go through insurance, even if it is only "just a scratch" - I had pretty much the same scenario in my old Camry, someone hit me from behind while I was stationary at lights. Even for a light hit it broke the board that sits over the spare wheel and put a few decent scratches on the bumper, the person who hit me said he knew a panel beater blah blah blah Easiest option for me was to go through insurance, when they're at fault they have to pay whatever their excess is, so too bad for them - they should have been paying attention and not hit you in the first place.

Let the insurance company do all the running around chasing him up and all you have to do is take it to your choice of repairer :)

But if the person was a good person, and had a option to pay 300 dollars instead of the insurance sending a quote for $1500. I rather help them out because we could be in a similar situation one day and karma's a B*tch

That's only if they don't have insurance though - although I do get your point, it could be a 21 y.o with an excess of $900 or so dollars but still, that's what an excess is for. I just think its better to let the insurance handle it all on your behalf, that way you're not getting involved in making promises to someone and you've actually got proper record of it happening, otherwise it can all just break down into an I said/They said scenario, not much good to try and threaten them with insurance later on. That's just my thoughts anyway, because yes I agree karma is a b!tch but after all, you've got to protect yourself in these situations because no one else well.

Best of luck with it all Synthetic05, just stay positive and do what you can do :) And then just think, when its back you're going to have a gorgeous shiny new rear end :D

In all honesty, if i was in synthetic05 position i'd tell the guy look mate, a respray for the bar is 300$ can you cough it up now or not, If he says no or disagrees from the price and i have his details,I would say thank you very much jump in my car n drive off and contact my insurance as soon as possible.

But yeah tash you have a point :P

But for me insurance is disguisting my car is in my mums name, with me as a driver of 50% of the time, and excess is 2grand, if i was to put it under my name excess would be 3grand the insurance claims its because i lost my license twice,I go but i didnt lose my license for dangerous driving or Car crash's , i lost them for not wearing p-plates and 10ks and over, insurance is ridiculous these days

Ouch! And I bet the monthly cost is pretty pricey? I understand your point of view much more now, for me its "only" $900 at the moment if I hit someone, next year when I turn 25 it'll be $450. It's pretty ridiculous how they work it all out though, different streets and different suburbs, and then because there are many accidents in Camry's they charge you more, that's not really fair when you consider how many Camry's are sold. I just changed mine back to RACV recently because AAMI's premium went up again, I couldn't believe there was an increase because I'd moved basically 1km from my old house, still in the same suburb and within 5 min walking distance of the CBD and they wanted another $6 a month. I know there's got to be some way to work out their premiums but some of the conditions seem pretty unfair, but I guess as with all insurance if you want it you have to pay for it (case in point, private health insurance has just had another price rise).

Anyway, here's a new stupid question - Twitter. So I'm getting the concept of a #hashtag, basically I can use the # and put whatever I want after it? So the update I made today was that I wished I could be home playing #3DS instead of stuck at stupid #work, so it just means if people search for 3DS or Work my Tweet might come up in their feed? I'm trying to get into using it a bit more but can't say I'm really across it as yet, I was a slow adopter to Facebook too :lol:

Thanks Tash and Redsportivo, you both showed me different ways to go around this. I will go over and have a proper talk to the other driver tomorrow and see what he says. Although im really leading towards going through insurance because as Tash said, i dont want things to go wrong. He seemed like an alright person and probably has comprehensive car insurance, so maybe it would be nice to reduce the costs to him. I figured half of this because we were in the CBD, he was driving a newer Lexus IS250, was in a suit and said it was his fault. In the end i want the car back to normal without me having to waste my own time. I dont have time for any of this.

Just a quick update. A mate of mine who worked at a panel repair shop had a look at it for me to get a rough price on repair. Fortunately it was only paint damage and only needs a respray. So then i went over to see the other driver. He said no to $450 for repairing it and was abit rude i think, so im about to call my insurance up and go through it that way. I think this is the best way? im abit stressed by just talking to him so i would make mistakes. My insurance can fix it :)

Just a quick update. A mate of mine who worked at a panel repair shop had a look at it for me to get a rough price on repair. Fortunately it was only paint damage and only needs a respray. So then i went over to see the other driver. He said no to $450 for repairing it and was abit rude i think, so im about to call my insurance up and go through it that way. I think this is the best way? im abit stressed by just talking to him so i would make mistakes. My insurance can fix it :)

Go through insurance, hes going to be paying a bill alot more then that.

Go through insurance, hes going to be paying a bill alot more then that.

Now Karma has bit the other guy on the a**.

• Like 1

U shouldnt really have to talk to the other guy apart from when the accident happened. No mercy for him as he is being an a$$wipe. Go thru insurance n let them handle it

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any laws regarding publishing drawings of the prime minister in a joking manner?

I know it is a really weird question. But I thought id give it a shot here.

Does anyone know of any laws regarding publishing drawings of the prime minister in a joking manner?

Freedom of speech still applies in this country...unless it's showing him/her doing nasty things to farm animals then it should be ok.

Freedom of speech still applies in this country...unless it's showing him/her doing nasty things to farm animals then it should be ok.

lol, could always just publish a drawing of him/her that is true but still in a joking manner (I'm sure there are tons) so your not liable for slander.....spiteful.gif

will a buckled rim cause a brake rotor to warp? or would it be the other way around?

Logic says neither - brake rotor will warp from excessive heat and wear, wheels will buckle from impact. One should not cause the other.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, time for a stupid question. Does the Aurion have spark plug leads. And if they do, anyone have a picture of them?

No; because the Aurion uses a 'coil on plug' design which eliminates the distributor and spark plug leads.

Okay, time for a stupid question. Does the Aurion have spark plug leads. And if they do, anyone have a picture of them?

No; because the Aurion uses a 'coil on plug' design which eliminates the distributor and spark plug leads.

Oh yeah, I figured it would be something like this because I was looking at the engine and thinking hmmm. There are no leads. Thanks mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Here's one for you mechanically sound minded people:

What part of the gearbox does the left drive shaft join to? (Front wheel drive and manual) more specifically the stivo gearbox :)

What part of the gearbox does the left drive shaft join to? (Front wheel drive and manual) more specifically the stivo gearbox :)

???

???

??????????????????????????

How so? The diff? The CV?

Not really sure. Someone I know said the crown as my car got in an accident n they had to overhaul the left driveshaft. I was thinking because of Tue accident the drive shaft and whatever it joins into the gearbox is damaged as well. Not just the driveshaft itself

Got a question... When i gave my car in for a service, they said the rotors need to be machined because they are a little warped. They suggested to do this before i put new pads in, which i'll have to soon, what consequences if any would arise if i were to put the pads in without machining the rotors??

Got a question... When i gave my car in for a service, they said the rotors need to be machined because they are a little warped. They suggested to do this before i put new pads in, which i'll have to soon, what consequences if any would arise if i were to put the pads in without machining the rotors??

U have to resurface the rotors everytime to eliminate the unevenness of the surface due to the transfer of the previous pad material. Just make sure the rotors aren't under the minimum thickness.

If u don't resurface/machine them, then u will get vibration when braking with the new pads