The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

In the style of the stupid thread I make this statment (as there would be no more appropriate place to post it)

I have recently purchased a copy of GT5 and found it to be a love-hate feeling with the game. When Polophony announced they'd have a huge amount of cars I was expecting to see at least one of the Aurion models to race around. Sadly I was wrong. Great game with my wheels and pedals setup and surround sound however.

Mind you I'm not trying to sell the game, just expressing my views on it (somewhat)

how do you know when you start boost(hit positive pressure) is there a boost gauge that comes with stock factory turbo cars?

also say a turbo car peaks at 250Nm @ 1500-2500rpm do i have to drive below 1500rpm to make sure i dont get on boost?(while warming up)

Edited by EK1

btw how does boost work? does it turn on at a certain rpm band?

Its good to see you asking questions about cars for a change...

Does your 89 model Camry have turbo?

no it doesnt lol i just got rid off it recently. but im interested in the VW POLO 6R 66TDI Comfortline (which has turbo)

Edited by EK1

how do you know when you start boost(hit positive pressure) is there a boost gauge that comes with stock factory turbo cars?

also say a turbo car peaks at 250Nm @ 1500-2500rpm do i have to drive below 1500rpm to make sure i dont get on boost?(while warming up)

Some factory turbo cars will come with boost gauges, a lot don't. Either way, once you drive the car and learn it you'll get to know when you're on boost.

As for those figures, that is based off full-throttle. You can run higher revs on partial throttle and not really get on boost as the engine isn't generating as much exhaust gases as it would on full throttle for the same rpm.

no it doesnt lol i just got rid off it recently. but im interested in the VW POLO 6R 66TDI Comfortline (which has turbo)

Nice....

What does "EK"1 stand for?

Nice....

What does "EK"1 stand for?

lol ek1 stands for a generation of honda civic( LOL i couldnt think of a name so decided to use ek1) lol its the same as SW20 standing for a generation of MR2

Can someone please give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy the iPhone 4?

I have always been against the iPhone, but after spending half an hour in the Apple store and buying my sister one, I really want one... even though my Xperia X10 does everything I need.

I have always been against the iPhone, but after spending half an hour in the Apple store and buying my sister one, I really want one... even though my Xperia X10 does everything I need.

NOT WORK FRIENDLY, LOTS OF USE OF THE F WORD!

Edited by TroysRollaSX

This is a conversation I have with a lot of people....

IPhone is good and I like it. But Android is simply better for the following reasons:

(These are my own opinions from using both OSs)

Android is/has:

Widgets!

The Tasker app

Easier to use, buttons!

"Open"

Easily customizable

Better for Productivity

My wife actually said something smart for once "People like Apple products over other products in the same way little kids like the 50cent coin over the $2 coin".

Seriously tho, if the IPhone had the Tasker app this argument would be a hell of a lot different. Check out Tasker if you haven't already.

I have it so when it knows I'm in my car it connects to BT, says hello, switches off wifi, makes the screen stay on and asks me (msg prompt) if I want to play music.

And I also have it mute my phone when i'm in a meeting based on my calendar and all sorts of other things.

there are no good reasons not to :P

This is a conversation I have with a lot of people....

IPhone is good and I like it. But Android is simply better for the following reasons:

(These are my own opinions from using both OSs)

Android is/has:

Widgets!

The Tasker app

Easier to use, buttons!

"Open"

Easily customizable

Better for Productivity

My wife put actually something smart for once "People like Apple products over other products in the same way little kids like the 50cent coin over the $2 coin".

Seriously tho, if the IPhone had the Tasker app this argument would be a hell of a lot different. Check out Tasker if you haven't already.

I have it so when it knows I'm in my car it connects to BT, says hello, switches off wifi, makes the screen stay on and asks me (msg prompt) if I want to play music.

And I also have it mute my phone when i'm in a meeting based on my calendar and all sorts of other things.

I am basing most of this on having a jailbroken iphone (because seriously, why wouldnt you jb, its easy as pie)

iPhone can have widgets too (winterboard themes, etc)

There are some apps for iPhone (Jailbroken) that have similar functionality, but no where near as advanced as tasker.

Buttons are for n00bs.

I don't have too much of an argument for the 'open' source nature if Android (other than the fact iOS is based on UNIX)

With winterboard you can customize every aspect of the iPhone's UI

and 'productivity' is a fairly open concept... it would depend what you consider productive.

yeah iphone is good, once jb its excellent. i dont mind the andriod onthe samsung galaxy S, its has its own ups and downs. iphone only has the better games and such, andriod shouldn't be too far behind now... ;)

Too late now and no turning back. Basically it goes something like this:

- I could have gone back to the Apple Store, payed $999 and walk out with a 32gb iPhone 4. Problem is, it's not wallet friendly because I already bought a 16gb iPhone 4 for my sister and other Christmas presents leave me with limited budget. Or,

- I could go to Three and add an iPhone 4 to my account and pay it off in manageable monthly payments. Only downside is that I won't get it until the 1st or 2nd week on January.

So... I caved in and opted for the Three option. Will end up costing $888 ($37 a month) and they include a bonus $30 credit to the account for the inconvenience.

On dear God. What have I done.

I don't know how true it is, but I heard that Apple can remove apps you've paid for (or not paid for as the case may be) and installed on your iPhone if they so choose to. I also HIGHLY DISLIKE iTunes, and refuse to install it on any of my computers - I think the last time I saw software so buggy and crap was Windows ME! Finally, I don't like how Apple controls the market place for apps like it does - I have read about a great C64 emulator that was released that let you play old C64 games on it. Apple pulled the plug on it once someone realised there was a way to get to a basic prompt on it. WTF?!?

And I realise some of these might be fake, but I'm sure some are not, and most of them are funny as (although probably not too work safe): http://damnyouautoco...y/best-of-dyac/

I know my next phone will be Android based, and there is no way I'd even consider an iFail.

My opinion only, add salt/sugar/milk as necessary...

Too late now and no turning back. Basically it goes something like this:

- I could have gone back to the Apple Store, payed $999 and walk out with a 32gb iPhone 4. Problem is, it's not wallet friendly because I already bought a 16gb iPhone 4 for my sister and other Christmas presents leave me with limited budget. Or,

- I could go to Three and add an iPhone 4 to my account and pay it off in manageable monthly payments. Only downside is that I won't get it until the 1st or 2nd week on January.

So... I caved in and opted for the Three option. Will end up costing $888 ($37 a month) and they include a bonus $30 credit to the account for the inconvenience.

Oh well, best of luck with it.

I guess it just goes to show, it's not always the best product that sells - like how people still buy crap cars instead of getting a good toyota... LOL

Oh well. You are now officially a *****. LOL.

You made the right choice tho because as a fence sitter you will either see how **** it is or how awesome it is.. Really, it is win win either way.

I don't know how true it is, but I heard that Apple can remove apps you've paid for (or not paid for as the case may be) and installed on your iPhone if they so choose to. I also HIGHLY DISLIKE iTunes, and refuse to install it on any of my computers - I think the last time I saw software so buggy and crap was Windows ME! Finally, I don't like how Apple controls the market place for apps like it does - I have read about a great C64 emulator that was released that let you play old C64 games on it. Apple pulled the plug on it once someone realised there was a way to get to a basic prompt on it. WTF?!?

And I realise some of these might be fake, but I'm sure some are not, and most of them are funny as (although probably not too work safe): http://damnyouautoco...y/best-of-dyac/

I know my next phone will be Android based, and there is no way I'd even consider an iFail.

My opinion only, add salt/sugar/milk as necessary...

Apple can remove apps from the app store, but not your phone...

Said C64 Emulator is still in the app store (was re-instated after apple revised the submission rules from memory)

iTunes runs like a dream on Mac OS X (the platform it was intended for)... but yeah its not *as* good on windows, however it runs fine on my win 7 workstation here at work.

also, you can turn auto correct off it that is such a hassle.

D, you make the right choice :P