problems in reaching redline.. (in a stivo)

and1

hey guys.. just wonderin, has anyone experienced not being able to rev to 8000+? about a week or two ago i accelerated hard in first with a cold engine.. soon after i hit lift (around 7000rpm) my car hit a barrier, like it was at its limit.. i tried again a couple of minutes later but to the same effect.. but about 10 min later, after engine warmed up, it was all fine.. was this a saftey system in the car designed by toyota to stop fools (me) destroying the engine? should i be concerned? people.. first time ever its acted up.. thanks for your input..

You will get flamed for this, should do a search before posting new topics mate.

But to answer your question, yes its designed to pro long the life of the engine.....

No offence, but what the hell are you doing revving it that high when the engine is cold?!?!

Please close thread

hey guys.. just wonderin, has anyone experienced not being able to rev to 8000+? about a week or two ago i accelerated hard in first with a cold engine.. soon after i hit lift (around 7000rpm) my car hit a barrier, like it was at its limit.. i tried again a couple of minutes later but to the same effect.. but about 10 min later, after engine warmed up, it was all fine.. was this a saftey system in the car designed by toyota to stop fools (me) destroying the engine? should i be concerned? people.. first time ever its acted up.. thanks for your input..

good to see the comedians are out in this topic ......

to answer ur question yes its a safety feature by toyota ..... U SHOULDNT BE USING LIFT WHEN THE CAR IS COLD ...... the reason it reved to 7K rpms was it stayed in the low cam i.e. it NEVER actually engaged lift ...... i would suggest u change ur driving habits when ur car is cold or it wont last very long

i worry myself taking it over 3,500 when its cold lol...warm your car up before you drive it, or you're gonna start having problems putting all that strain on your motor when its cold!!!

probably about 4,000 is the max i'll go ay. all the chickies at the college look at me when i give it a little stab up to 4,000 when leaving work (intake ftw)

Drove my rolla for the first time in 4 days, and I would have been lucky to coax it to 4K. Idles terribly when cold! I think it's the engine warning me not to do anything to hasty, Master Meriadoc.