Just been in an accident

Just been in a car accident last night, hip is a bit sore (only one with I hope minor injuries). Happened on the M4 at around 90km/h just before coleman st exit, the guy that caused the accident must of been doing about 110-120km/h. Three cars involved, unfortunately I was not the one hit directly but I got caught up in the accident.

The other two cars had to be towed away, one lost their front left hub/wheel assembly. Toyota FTW!! It pulled up quicker then the other two and in a straight line too!! Could of been much more uglier given the speeds that we were all travelling at, but fortunately everyone was ok except me.

Was merging from lane number four (closest to concrete barrier) to lane three, the magna hit (driver at fault) me, got pushed into the concrete barrier but not too bad I suppose.

post-2295-1198881408_thumb.jpg

If anyone is desparete for a fog light cover, you could try looking for it....

post-2295-1198881524_thumb.jpg

post-2295-1198881570_thumb.jpg

Recently the car got scratched on the front bumper and I kept thinking about getting it fixed up....

Drive safely on the road guys, but really I couldn't avoid this accident with the way it happened :angry:

I was planning to have some work done on the sportivo as well, now I can't.

Could of been much more uglier given the speeds that we were all travelling at, but fortunately everyone was ok except me.

What happened to you for you to say except me? I hope it wasn't too bad for ya. Shame about the car but it could've been a lot worse.

Just came back from a chinese doctor/physio

Got some acupuncture done and help me relocate two of my vertabrate!!

Have to go back for a few more times, but nothing major.

According to statistics, a regular driver will have one major accident every 7 years. This is my seventh year of driving....covering about 15,000 km/year on average

just re-iterating what has been said .... as long as everyone is ok ...... and so others dont ask the question here's my convo with super ..... mate let me know if u dont want this posted.

Suprathai says:

three cars involved

Suprathai says:

magna behind fiesta in lane 2

Suprathai says:

I was in lane 4

Suprathai says:

I merged into lane 3

Suprathai says:

He clipped the fiesta in the driver side rear panel, lost control while trying to get into lane 3

Suprathai says:

I was pretty much well into lane 3 by then

Suprathai says:

well half way in

Suprathai says:

by the time I saw him it was too late

Suprathai says:

slammed on the brakes and since I felt the car being pushed towards the barrier I turned the steering wheel towards the left

The police still haven't gotten back to me with the event #. Hope to bring it to the inspection centre this monday, depending on how booked out they are. Will be ringing the cops sunday morning and then the insurance after that.

I'm with NRMA, so usually after the inspection I book a time with the repairers (usually I drop it off the same day).....unless of course the car is written off, won't know until the inspection.

We never know just what happens the next second we are on the roads. Im glad to hear you are okay, coz you can always fix/replace the car!

As mentioned by kolourhero & Saiya, the most important thing is that you made it out alive, something that is precious & irreplaceable.

Get well soon!

Just got confirmation from the police officer that the other guy is clearly at fault, there was a chance that I could've been the cause of the accident. But the magna driver is getting a ticket, double demerits as well yikes.

Car will be towed tomorrow to an assessment centre and then probably to my preferred repairer....now I can sleep properly tonight.

there was a chance that I could've been the cause of the accident.

ummmm .... how ? ..... the magna driver ran into the festiva to avoid hitting u but collected u as well anyway ? lol

I've had a couple of clashes with drivers of older magnas these last few months. One magna driver intentionally cut me off on parramatta rd causing me to slam the brakes hard in order to avoid hitting him in the rear passenger quarter panel. The d!ckhead simply smiled as I drove past.

Another driver of an older magna does an illegal left turn from the right hand lane while I was turning left in the left lane. The idiot then beeps me and tries to give me some lip.

I assume old magnas are getting cheap and people are driving them without any regard to other road users.

Anyway, good to see you've come out of this one okay. Hope your chinese doctor can sort you out, some are pretty good when it comes to healing internal bruising and muscular pains.

Just got confirmation from the police officer that the other guy is clearly at fault, there was a chance that I could've been the cause of the accident. But the magna driver is getting a ticket, double demerits as well yikes.

Car will be towed tomorrow to an assessment centre and then probably to my preferred repairer....now I can sleep properly tonight.

yay...at least ur cars gonna get healed without any money commin out of ur pocket....jst hope u get better!!

Insurance just called up and said that other guy is trying to make me liable for the damages of the accident. I called up the police and said they still haven't come up with a final outcome with the accident at this stage, but the way its looking 'I should be fine, and the other guy should be getting a ticket'.

I think he will be getting a ticket for reckless/negligent driving, the fiesta driver said its all his fault with the statement that the police took down. He didn't leave much room while changing lanes lol

But I'm still a bit worried, being a pessimistic person and all.

You went from lane 4 in to 3, Magna went from lane 2 to 3...

If so, the law of the road is that you always give way to the right. Magna is at fault.

It's a similar story if you're happily driving along and the person in front of you slams their brakes on and you swan into their tail. It is your fault, not theirs, not matter what really happened.

I assume old magnas are getting cheap and people are driving them without any regard to other road users.

Yee. You can pick up a TE / TF (the 3.0L, '95 / '96) for under 3g's these days.

I'm going to assume these drivers think Magna's are racecars ;)

Gday, I work in motor insurance claims though Id post a FYI up.

Assuming you have fully comp motor policy worse is I can assume is that you excess would be payable if NRMA decide to go with Magna owners insurer and go with scenario that that he and you are some what each liable for the accident as each merging lanes (ie Each Bear Own ~ both reversing from opposite car spaces in a car park). In sthis case you each pay your excess and each insurer covers there own cost. He (insurer) would still pay for other cars repairs.

You may get driver excess applicable in future if nil ratinng one for life, unless they can prove or show TP fully at fault.

Interesting as each merging. Let us know if your excess gets fully waived.

...just to confirm hes merging at speed from second lane into third and you 4th lane merging into 3rd?

--------------------

(\_/)

(O.o) <== Copy Bunny into your signature so that he may obtain world domination

(> <)