TOCAU NATIONAL MEET 2008

ANNUAL MEET IN QUEENSLAND, QUEENS BIRTHDAY LONG WEEKEND  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'm in but still no news on the exam timetable so no confirmations just yet on whether the blue beast will be up there @ the meet :( :( :(

looking @ that map maybe we do an adelaide one next year to get people from all directions driving out der ??????

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm in but still no news on the exam timetable so no confirmations just yet on whether the blue beast will be up there @ the meet :( :( :(

looking @ that map maybe we do an adelaide one next year to get people from all directions driving out der ??????

that does sound fair!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but can i please get the attention of all the sydney siders!!!

last year the boys drove down to sydney in a storm it was the worse rain sydney had seen in 6 months and they still made it.

i just don't see why is it so difficult to decide whether ur coming or not when NO ONE actually has work on that long weekend. and please don't use the excuse of i don't have no leave available too cause i just changed jobs 3 weeks ago and i can still make it i told them straight up and they were ok with that.

please for all those maybe's out there please make a decision soon cause the last thing you need is for the f1 to get all booked up and not have a place to sleep at night.

and for those who are on a tight budget then please put ur name on a willing to carpool list so that petrol costs can be shared this will bring the costs down a bit and sharing rooms in the f1 would be ideal too as that would also lessen the costs.

i wil make a new list please show interest!!

im sure theres more out there who want to come but dont want to shoulder all the costs of fuel and accommodation..........so at least by putting ur interest down we can figure something out from there.

the only reason we are a maybe is becuase sam doesnt have a job at the moment, and if the job he gets is on sales again then he will be working over the weekend, also being that he doesnt have a job money is a bit tight....... we r a strong maybe :)

Im not driving overnight though. We all know what happened last time we tried that.... MRROLA no longer exists!

the only reason we are a maybe is becuase sam doesnt have a job at the moment, and if the job he gets is on sales again then he will be working over the weekend, also being that he doesnt have a job money is a bit tight....... we r a strong maybe :)

Im not driving overnight though. We all know what happened last time we tried that.... MRROLA no longer exists!

thats all good bec!!! :toast:

i'm just glad someone read my post :lol:

but how about everyone else............im sure there are many people willing to carpool with each other. but if they dont get their name down or raise their hand no one else will know what they wanna do or what they are willing to do.

come on people wheres the spirit??? :help:

Last year 4 of us stayed in one room. Bit cramped but all we did was sleep in there and use the shower/toilet(Azza really stunk it out a few times!!) as most of the time we were out and about. After splitting up the costs it was really a cheap weekend for us. Azza gave me money for fuel and the other guys split it as well. all up the weekend including food only costs me about $200 odd. cheap for a long weekend in Sydney considering we ate takeway all weekend and hammered the KK's as well!!

Leave is always attainable for me Mishark, however everyone else usually always wants leave at the same time. I don't have excuses, moreso, I have actual facts. Plus I have a thing for driving such long distances with my car. I made a promise to come to the next meet, but I was under the impression it was going to be in Sydney. If it's in Adelaide then I'd prefer to sit out unfortunately.

Count me in!! This will be good! :yahoo:

If anyone knows any photographers it would be good form some proffessional group photo shoots ;)

1 SILVABULLIT (QLD)

2 Northy (QLD)

3 Azza (QLD)

4 Superdave (QLD)

5 DHC09 (QLD)

6 M_M (NSW)

7 Mark(the good side of M_M) (NSW)

8 Aimee (NSW)

9 Yoshi (QLD)

10 Mick.wheelz (QLD)

11 Natedog11six (QLD)

12 T_Money (QLD)

13 Gavin (QLD)

14 AUR15 (QLD)

15 LTS60 (QLD)

16 LTS60 brother (QLD)

17 Xoom (NSW)

18 MOPP (VIC)

19 Zoran (VIC)

20 Donggae (VIC) *POSSIBLE*

21 Mono (QLD)

Accomodation at F1 Motel

1.AUR15

also to tats i was thinking the same thing driving up the friday day and just taking the day off the friday and driving up nice and slow.......but not miss daisy slow just taking our time seeing the sites kinda slow............. but we can't check into our room till noon on saturday..........so where would us 6 sleep?? hehehe unless we stay over night at the f1 coffs harbour.

i dont know

I can probably swing Friday off. How 'bout overnight at Ballina? There's a motel right next to a pub, not the greatest but the price is right :D

I'm currently repaying some debt but I should have a better idea of my financial situation soon. I can book a room in Brissy without having to lay down the cashola first?

Leave is always attainable for me Mishark, however everyone else usually always wants leave at the same time. I don't have excuses, moreso, I have actual facts. Plus I have a thing for driving such long distances with my car. I made a promise to come to the next meet, but I was under the impression it was going to be in Sydney. If it's in Adelaide then I'd prefer to sit out unfortunately.

If you drive to Wollongong, you can park the Stivo at my place and jump in the JZX boat? Would love the company....

If anyone knows any photographers it would be good form some proffessional group photo shoots ;)

nah mate ...... no pro photographers here ....... only a bunch of petty mobile phone camera junkies ..... *#looks @ corey#* :P :P :P :P :P :P

nah mate ...... no pro photographers here ....... only a bunch of petty mobile phone camera junkies ..... *#looks @ corey#* :P :P :P :P :P :P

haha... i can try to get one ;)

You won't need to find one, when you see Northy's pics. His mobile phone takes some wicked shots..... go-on Mr North, post some teasers for the newer folk.... :P

1 SILVABULLIT (QLD)

2 Northy (QLD)

3 Azza (QLD)

4 Superdave (QLD)

5 DHC09 (QLD)

6 M_M (NSW)

7 Mark(the good side of M_M) (NSW)

8 Aimee (NSW)

9 Yoshi (QLD)

10 Mick.wheelz (QLD)

11 Natedog11six (QLD)

12 T_Money (QLD)

13 Gavin (QLD)

14 AUR15 (QLD)

15 LTS60 (QLD)

16 LTS60 brother (QLD)

17 Xoom (NSW)

18 MOPP (VIC)

19 Zoran (VIC)

20 Donggae (VIC) *POSSIBLE*

21 Mono (QLD)

Accomodation at F1 Motel

1.AUR15

2. Zoran + passenger (TBA)

3. Mopp

EDITED

Edited by Zoran

C/mon brissy crew add yourself to the list!!!! Only 5 odd weeks away!!! Get cracking!!!

PS. Big thank you to Logan city Autobarn for their sponsorship!!! thanks guys!!

Lemme see with my boss if I can take the time off and ill let yas know!

I really want to come up there, will be a great turnout!

I'm actually really impressed with the Mel crew finding the time and effort to make their way up. :clap:

If more people from Mel show up than Syd, NSW will be known as New SOFT Wales on TOCAU :P

I'm actually really impressed with the Mel crew finding the time and effort to make their way up. :clap:

If more people from Mel show up than Syd, NSW will be known as New SOFT Wales on TOCAU :P

SNAP.. Oh no he di-ent..... Lets go VIC

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark ............. the uni just did something i completely hadnt anticipated as being an option ...... they have preliminarily listed my exam on Saturday the 7th ...... like WTF ...... its bad enough its on a sat and to double that its a long weekend ...... not happy jan ...... not happy at all ....... sorry guys im back to a maybe pending the final timetable being released.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark ............. the uni just did something i completely hadnt anticipated as being an option ...... they have preliminarily listed my exam on Saturday the 7th ...... like WTF ...... its bad enough its on a sat and to double that its a long weekend ...... not happy jan ...... not happy at all ....... sorry guys im back to a maybe pending the final timetable being released.

Thats bad news. Usually the preliminary exam timetable is the final one, unless theres like 50 people with exam clashes.

Looks like you'll just have to fly on up after your exam or on the 8th ;)

i'm there, booking a place at surfers to stay

$100 per night

if your insterested, PM / MSN or email me

Just make up that you are 50% of your class (steal their identities) and put in complaints about the exam timetabling. Or, do what we would do in the Engineering department and go straight to the Dean and point out that you always get crap timeslots, which I always got, like 9pm finish then 8am the next day, and get him to forcibly change it :D Plus it helps if you get along with your Dean.