TOCAU NATIONAL MEET 2008

ANNUAL MEET IN QUEENSLAND, QUEENS BIRTHDAY LONG WEEKEND  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C/mon Sydney crew pull your finger out and head up to Brissy. you have the shortest drive of anyone to get here. It's just under 12 hours drive. We did it last year in horrible cyclonic conditions and road flooding in just over 12 hours.

trust me you'll regret it if you don't come up for it.......

my baby is going into the shop next week in preparation, gotta make sure its long haul safe and fix a couple leaks that are giving me the irrates :) also getting some vinyls cut up as we speak. I'll be stylin'... yeah this meet will rock :toast:

Um this F1 list that you speak of SILVABULLIT, is that the one you've put me on already?

yeah come on sydney siders!!!!!!

make the effort why would anyone wanna stay in the cold on a long weekend???

and can we please start picking on other mods too to make the effort!!! under the warm winter sun of the gold coast is a perfect place to chill and catch up!!!

my baby is going into the shop next week in preparation, gotta make sure its long haul safe and fix a couple leaks that are giving me the irrates :) also getting some vinyls cut up as we speak. I'll be stylin'... yeah this meet will rock :toast:

Um this F1 list that you speak of SILVABULLIT, is that the one you've put me on already?

I've put you on the list of attendees. Add your name to the accomodation list below it.

yeah come on sydney siders!!!!!!

make the effort why would anyone wanna stay in the cold on a long weekend???

and can we please start picking on other mods too to make the effort!!! under the warm winter sun of the gold coast is a perfect place to chill and catch up!!!

Micky Tee can't make it as he has all of July off work and could't manage to get time in June as well. CAP is too busy apparantly with work and as for Saiya haven't heard a peep, Big Bum same story.

I would love it if everyone could come as the more people that come the better the event will be. The Qld boys and girls will be out in force to support this with a lot of our newer members very keen for the weekend in june to come quicker. We are getting a lot of offers of help from everyone up here so organising will be a lot easier fro the likes of myself, Northy and Azza.

Plus the biggest advantage we have is location location location!!!! Everything is close to CBD.Mountains are approx 15-20 minute drive from heart of CBD. Gold Coast is just under and hours drive away and the F1 motel is right near the airport(if you want to fly in!!) and about 10 -15 from heart of city too. You will get a good look at Brisbane and the Gold coast in the 3 days you are up here.

Big thank you to Torque Toyota for allowing us to host the show and shine at the dealership and for the Sponsorship of the Manager's Award as well.

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.

Big thank you to Torque Toyota for allowing us to host the show and shine at the dealership and for the Sponsorship of the Manager's Award as well.

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.

Is that at North Lakes or Brendale?

Doesn't matter either way, just interested, although North Lakes has heaps of room.

BTW ... a call out to all Rolla wagon owners! Lets see if we can get enough wagons to really put the "boot" in! B)

Edited by Buddha

Spoke to the new owner of the Wed Wocket last night, and he said he's pretty sure he can lend it out for the day for the Show N Shine...

Might have a word in the ear of a guy I know with a TRD Aurion as well.....

Does this meet happen every year???? i won't to able to make it this year (damn it). Hopefully every's car is legal as we don't want to have a repeat news story at broady carpark....hahaha. Note if you guys are heading back to brissy at about 11pm just be aware of the "highway races".

Does this meet happen every year???? i won't to able to make it this year (damn it). Hopefully every's car is legal as we don't want to have a repeat news story at broady carpark....hahaha. Note if you guys are heading back to brissy at about 11pm just be aware of the "highway races".

In all my time of driving up and down the M1 I have never seen a remake of Wangan Midnight (search in wikipedia if you don't understand). And only losers on their P's driving mummy's car do it anyway.

As for the meet, being such a new thing it is trying to be held every year. Last year was in Sydney and since the majority of interstaters, nay all but one or two, were from Queensland, hence why it is being held up here this time. If the Victorians, ACT or Perth people want it next year they will need a good turnout this year :P

Hey guys,

put us down for a maybe, a big maybe, seeing as we didnt get to see you guys last week we will try to get up there. We wont know until really close to the weekend though...... :)

Have a good honeymoon kids??? shame we missed out on cathcing up with you while you were in our neck of the woods.

Hey guys,

put us down for a maybe, a big maybe, seeing as we didnt get to see you guys last week we will try to get up there. We wont know until really close to the weekend though...... :)

Have a good honeymoon kids??? shame we missed out on cathcing up with you while you were in our neck of the woods.

yeah had an awesome time, we tried to work around your meets, but it didn't work out that way :)

Personally, I think you are all mad for driving the trip overnight, my personal suggestion is to leave at a sparrow's fart in the morning, say around 4:30 - 5:00. Out of Sydney, you should get to about Taree for a quick bite for breakfast, Coffs for lunch, Grafton for arvo tea, then into Brisbane at Dinner time.

If that was done, I woyld probably arrange a meet point on the Southside late arvo on the Friday to then navigate you all to the F1 where most of you are prolly staying.

Quick question..... are the NSW'ians following this convention or the overnight plan? I won't do the redeye run but I would consider taking Friday off for a leisurely run up the Pacific Hwy

In order to be fighting fit for the cruise to QLD etc, my mechanics recommend a full rebuild and maybe upgrade a few things in the process (turbo ^_^) , I've given them the green light. I had a few oil leaks that appear to be more than just simple leaks- thank the previous owner i guess.

Just to give you an idea of how willing I am to make this one! Not gonna say much i'm gonna need to sink into my beast but i say its for the greater good ;) cant wait

In all my time of driving up and down the M1 I have never seen a remake of Wangan Midnight (search in wikipedia if you don't understand). And only losers on their P's driving mummy's car do it anyway.

As for the meet, being such a new thing it is trying to be held every year. Last year was in Sydney and since the majority of interstaters, nay all but one or two, were from Queensland, hence why it is being held up here this time. If the Victorians, ACT or Perth people want it next year they will need a good turnout this year :P

4000km from perth to GC..thats going to be interesting.. i will see if we can hv a GROUP transport on the train down to syd or smewhere closer.. then we will head up.. but yeh ;) i will hv a chat with the perth boys

post-2797-1208930526_thumb.jpg

By the looks of it I could be there in 2 days driving 24hours a day :P

Edited by Kenneth

4000km from perth to GC..thats going to be interesting.. i will see if we can hv a GROUP transport on the train down to syd or smewhere closer.. then we will head up.. but yeh ;) i will hv a chat with the perth boys

post-2797-1208930526_thumb.jpg

That'll be one hell of a road trip B)

You guys can call it the Gumball 4000 Rally :lol: except you wont be able to go at 300km/h :P :P

Might be shorter if you go the other way around the world. Another option to investigate is flying over and having the cars transported there for you....or just rent a Toyota when you get to Brisbane :lol:

You guys can call it the Gumball 4000 Rally :lol: except you wont be able to go at 300km/h :P :P

Wont know if you don't try :lol:

Kenneth the F1 where everyone is staying is right near the Brissy airport. So for example fly over and if there is a few of you hire a corolla for the weekend(europcar and others are real close) and join in the fun.

Other than that organise with those coming to shotgun a seat perhaps??

Be great to see some of the WA crew up here!!

And as for your efforts Zoran to get here for the National meet.... awesome,stupendious and down right excellent!!!

SB is right thats an awesome effort. i'm getting more and more excited as the weeks draw closer.

flying over would be a good option for the WA crew. or even maybe a nice trip on the train :D

also to tats i was thinking the same thing driving up the friday day and just taking the day off the friday and driving up nice and slow.......but not miss daisy slow just taking our time seeing the sites kinda slow............. but we can't check into our room till noon on saturday..........so where would us 6 sleep?? hehehe unless we stay over night at the f1 coffs harbour.

i dont know