TRD Corolla

I hope it lasts for more than just one model run I just renewed the lease on my ZRE Corolla for another 4 years, if I knew this was coming I would have made it shorter but then again maybe it will take a few years between being announced and actually appearing in showromms

But would we get the Blade or the Master/Master-G? The article only mentions Blade (which has the 2AZ) but then contradicts that by saying it is V6 powered, which is the Blade Master/Master G. It would be akin to saying we get a V6 Camry when we really get the Aurion.

Tried squeezing info from my guy today while i was at Toyota. Nothing yet on Blade/Master. Hes heading off to Toyota conf next week, he will try to get some answers for me. :spiteful: Maybe BKS might know more? All i got was the API for the Rukus (Rumion)...

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like toyota are waiting to see what the other manufactuers are bringing out as a hot hatch

Also I suppose they will want to see how the Rukus fairs before unleashing the weapon know as the BLADE !!

I would be very tempted to get a Blade as absolute power corrupts absolutely

All i got out of my insider is that Toyota have 2 "Niche" vehicles in the works for the end of the year. For sure i would say the FT-86 is one, can the other be the BLADE??!! Apparently Toyota HQ were very tight lipped about this, and refused to give out any names or models...

God I want both the Blade and the FT-86. But if it comes down to it, I would only get the Blade if it comes as all-wheel or rear-wheel drive. Given that the FT-86 is definitely going to be rear-wheel drive I'm more tempted by that until more details of the V6 Corolla come out.

All i got out of my insider is that Toyota have 2 "Niche" vehicles in the works for the end of the year. For sure i would say the FT-86 is one, can the other be the BLADE??!! Apparently Toyota HQ were very tight lipped about this, and refused to give out any names or models...

FT86 won't be ready by the end of the year going by all statements made by Toyota Japan.

God I want both the Blade and the FT-86. But if it comes down to it, I would only get the Blade if it comes as all-wheel or rear-wheel drive. Given that the FT-86 is definitely going to be rear-wheel drive I'm more tempted by that until more details of the V6 Corolla come out.

The Blade has been in production for a number of years and I doubt they will ghetto mod a chassis to be RWD that was designed to be FWD/4WD. The 4WD version is available in the straight 4 engine (2AZ-FE) only.