TRD Corolla

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. i'll be an old man by the time it MAY arrive here.(not a word from you North & Azza)..... :ph34r::ph34r:

by old do u mean dead and buried ????? becuz i was of the impression ur already at the status you are describing above :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. i'll be an old man by the time it MAY arrive here.(not a word from you North & Azza)..... :ph34r::ph34r:

by old do u mean dead and buried ????? becuz i was of the impression ur already at the status you are describing above :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

i didn't say a word :ph34r:

This is from the latest MOTOR magazine.

"Australians will have to wait for the next all-new Corolla to get their hands on a sportier-than-Sportivo model of Australia's best -selling car.

Toyota Australia has all but dismissed importing the 2.4-litre Corolla Blade or 3.5-litre V6 Blade Master from Japan, as the costs for local certification are prohibitive for the low volumes of the niche top-end models.

It has also toyed with the idea of developing a locally-built turbocharged Corolla (as it has in the past) but has put that on the back burner as it recovers from the stalled start with the Aurion TRD and the delays currently facing the HiLux TRD, which is understood to produce around 300kW from its supercharged 4.0-litre V6.

Instead, Toyota is likely to chase the youth market with the boxy Corolla Rumion - a Japanese domestic version of the Scion xB that is popular among North American college students. Toyota Australia isn't planning to introduce Scion down under, despite having the brand and model designations registered as trademarks.

But we should expect the Rumion - albeit with a different name - to arrive here possibly as early as next year."

img2276ij5.jpg

That is one UGLY a55 car.

you have got 2 b joking ..... ok the exterior is fugly and i will reserve judgement on the interior since i havent seen it BUT man i cant get over how off it looks :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

That car looks tailored to the US market, no way that would hit any homers down here... MOTOR magazine always make outrageous statements like that.

Ah well, no sports model for Corolla, and here they are doing a HiLux... hypothetically which do you think would sell more units?

Instead, Toyota is likely to chase the youth market with the boxy Corolla Rumion - a Japanese domestic version of the Scion xB that is popular among North American college students.

That just plummeted my opinion of College Students over there to an all new low lol

• 1 year later...

Back in early 2008 when i was car hunting, i went to a few toyota dealers, asking if there was a new sportivo model for the corollas, they said no, the engines' manufacturer stopped making them. I also asked, that i heard there was gonna be a TRD model or turbo variant of the Yaris, also no. So i chose the ZR.

And a couple months down the track, bam, a TRD Aurion supercharged (A 250kw FWD auto V6 WTF???) and a TRD Hilux supercharged.

What the hell are they thinking? Whats the extra power in the hilux gonna get you, up the hill faster? Waste. The hilux is a workhorse, not a racecar.

The brand TRD should be left for the people who want a performance/sporty platform.

If only the Aurion was manual, (perhaps even RWD) then everything would be settled and there'd be no complaints. Then i'd go trade in my ZR and get one.

Back in early 2008 when i was car hunting, i went to a few toyota dealers, asking if there was a new sportivo model for the corollas, they said no, the engines' manufacturer stopped making them. I also asked, that i heard there was gonna be a TRD model or turbo variant of the Yaris, also no. So i chose the ZR.

And a couple months down the track, bam, a TRD Aurion supercharged (A 250kw FWD auto V6 WTF???) and a TRD Hilux supercharged.

What the hell are they thinking? Whats the extra power in the hilux gonna get you, up the hill faster? Waste. The hilux is a workhorse, not a racecar.

The brand TRD should be left for the people who want a performance/sporty platform.

If only the Aurion was manual, (perhaps even RWD) then everything would be settled and there'd be no complaints. Then i'd go trade in my ZR and get one.

mate lol i asked my dealer about the TRD corolla when i was test driving the 08 corolla hes like yeah toyota actually told us they were planning on making one but he said he hasnt heard a word from toyota ever since so he thinks its scrapped and i also read an article that TRD au is scrapped as well so yeah no TRD rolla but hopefully they bring back the sportivo again but hoping they just dont do a camry where its just springs and no go sucks. BRING BACK THE LIFT. like honda vtec to i-vtec :) k24 is one mean engine. :) crx had that engine and ran a 10sec down a 1/4mile... of course it had some work done to it but im surprised it did :) neways hope we get sportivo ZRE :)

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Did anyone read the smh? They're thinking of bringing the blade over here...

news link is here

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/toyota-eyes-v6-hothatch-20100413-s7a1.html

Well, seems like they feel like completely dropping the TRD Corolla idea. I guess it is more cost efficient to stick with something that is already in production.

I wouldn't mind buying a Blade though as a car to toy around with. Would be fun I reckon.

OMG yes! lol if they do bring it id buy one for sure!

Better start saving then. Knowing Toyota Australia, I'd be predicting it to sell for around $40k or more.

If Toyota Australia decides to bring the blade here, I would trade in my ZRE instantly!

206kw in a Corolla should be flapping fun, Having said that, I hope the power delivery would be something more exciting, and hopefully the steering feed back would be better.