lowering ur car

wishbone

Suspension and brakes section brotha

wups yeah i realised tht i posted this on the wrong section...im jst used to posting everythin in the general section...sorry..can some1 please move it to the suspension section....cheers!

i was planing to use them on my car to see how my car looked if i was to lower em...and i was thinking abt using them for a few months before i opt to buy lower springs....so u dont think its a good idea as a temporary device?

i was planing to use them on my car to see how my car looked if i was to lower em...and i was thinking abt using them for a few months before i opt to buy lower springs....so u dont think its a good idea as a temporary device?

I don't think it is worth the risk as insurance wont pay out because of such items.

I think lowering blocks were used for leaf springs, haven't bothered googling it yet. But I remember that they were using it to see how it looks like lowered on a ute

ummm dont leaf springs look totally different from normal springs?? like these?rearleafs.gif

Yes the above are leaf springs - lowering blocks are used on them.

I wouldn't even bother using "spring locks" or whatever it is... If you have a crash, good luck!

It doesn't cost too much to get your car lowered.. Do it right, do it once..

Put up a pic of your car and I can photoshop it lower for you squire.

****, that saved a lot of stress ay ;)

:P baha!

True, but I think he might have a Camry

yeah i do have a camry thts y i dont want to spend money on it...im gettin a celica in a few months..so i want to get tht properly lowered...and as for the cam, i dont want to spend money on new springs...jst want somethin temporary...

save your cash on some springs for your celica instead

YEAH ur right....bt i jst want the cam to look a lil more unique without spending too much cash....so i thght spring locks wld be a better idea...

• 1 month later...

STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!

i was looking at them at auto barn the other week as my car is already lowered properly but its still not low enough for me

so i called my mate whos a machanic and he was like dont touch em' there two dangerous they break way easy i was like hmm ok he even said that if i was to get them he wont even help put them on coz there that unsafe..

• 1 month later...
Highly recommend for TEIN SPRINGS!

STAY AWAY FROM KING SPRINGS!

whats wrong with king springs?

Nothing at all.

Lovells, Kings, Pedders, Tein, Whiteline etc etc etc. They're all good in my opinion. Some have different heights / weights, that's about it though.

well Pedders are kings painted red so are exactly the same with an extra coat of paint. So go kings cause they will be lighter with less paint LOL