TO ANYONE SENDING AN EMAIL TO TOYOTA

xoom

what i noticed is that the engagement point is different slightly, no more sticky shifting, no more me forcing it in cause it just goes in. But i didnt crunch it once i assume thats my fault shifted to quickly when i was testing it and since the engagement point is diff u know the rest.. but great news for all.

if you have a look at the top of your clutch pedal you will see the rod from the master cylinder with a locking nut on it, you losen the nut and spin the rod in or out to adjust the clutch. there should also be a height adjustment bolt on the other side for setting the pedal height after the adjustment.

Wind the rod out of you want to put more pressure on the pressure plate to release it.

Will try adjusting the clutch's enagement point to see if it works for me. It could be as simple as the pressure plate not releasing fully when we have our clutch pressed to the floor. So maybe we can adjust it to release further up for more play. Makes sense guys?

Trying to find a trend here....

How many of the people with clutch issues have had the pedals changed to sports pedals????

I have, and I have clutch problems.... I don't think there will be a connection but it's worth a try...

Trying to find a trend here....

How many of the people with clutch issues have had the pedals changed to sports pedals????

I have, and I have clutch problems.... I don't think there will be a connection but it's worth a try...

Ok, lets say its the clutch... and this is a serious question... why would 1st -> 2nd or in some peoples case 2nd -> 3rd be so much tighter and there be no real problems with the rest?

BTW... mine is much better since having the gear selector cables done. My 2nd ->3rd is still tight... but it goes in first go at least. Took it for a spin this morning and it went in everytime... but as i said, its just a little tight and not as free as the others. Downchanging = not a problem

I don't think its anythng to do with the sports pedals, i don't have them and i get gear shifting problems. My gaers don't crunch very oftehn but it does on occassions. I found that when i first changed the transmission fluid to synthetic and added Nulon G70 transmission additive which is supposed to improve shifting feel by 50% and reduce crunching, the gearshifting quality DID improve. But the gearshifetr "sticking" is still a problem.

From Peekay's experience, his car after having removed the TOMs/TRD stuff and had the OEM clutch put back in, now drives with no issues. So i am coming to a conclusion that the clutch probably does need some adjustment, if not it is something to do with the assembly, or throw out bearing.

Zee

i had my gear lever and cables replaced last week and for the first few days it was good but its now as bad as it was when i first took it in.

i dont have sports pedals either so i dont think that is the issue.

its still smooth in low revs but when it used to stick after 6000rpm now its 6500 rpm before it sticks.

anyway im taking it back to toyota again tomorrow and see what they come up with.

if its still doing it when i get it back. im going to my personal mechanic who has deals with anything with a motor. custom builds drag cars and boats. and see what he comes up with then take it back to toyota with his report and get them to look into any issues he finds.

if they wont come to the party im just gonna say ******it and spend the money get a good clutch/flywheel and void the warranty.

its just not owrth the hassel waiting for toyota to do somthing because they will keep throwing off till the warranty is up anyway and maybe by then there will be actual problems with the gearbox from it being forced into gear all the time.

its just not worth it.

but i tell ya now if i do have to spend the money and fix it myself im gonna write to evry mag paper email evry car site i can find and give toyota as much bad publicity as i can..

i had my gear lever and cables replaced last week and for the first few days it was good but its now as bad as it was when i first took it in.

i dont have sports pedals either so i dont think that is the issue.

its still smooth in low revs but when it used to stick after 6000rpm now its 6500 rpm before it sticks.

anyway im taking it back to toyota again tomorrow and see what they come up with.

if its still doing it when i get it back. im going to my personal mechanic who has deals with anything with a motor. custom builds drag cars and boats. and see what he comes up with then take it back to toyota with his report and get them to look into any issues he finds.

if they wont come to the party im just gonna say ******it and spend the money get a good clutch/flywheel and void the warranty.

its just not owrth the hassel waiting for toyota to do somthing because they will keep throwing off till the warranty is up anyway and maybe by then there will be actual problems with the gearbox from it being forced into gear all the time.

its just not worth it.

but i tell ya now if i do have to spend the money and fix it myself im gonna write to evry mag paper email evry car site i can find and give toyota as much bad publicity as i can..

I am getting my car looked at tomorrow too and will get them to fiddle with the clutch. If its still not solved that's it, the clutch is coming off.