Finally got my Wheels

DavoP

After getting our ZR6 we decided that we needed to spruce it up a bit. So the tint went on and then off to the local T-Mart to see what was available in the way of wheels and tyres. Originally we were going to go for the 18" Medusa that we had seen on several different makes of cars. Hmm ... pretty common looking wheel and we just weren't sure if this is whatr we wanted. Looking at all that was on display our focus made it's way to the BBoos range of wheels .... hmmm .. pretty classy looking and at the same time sporty as well. Attached photo's show our choice in a 19x8 BBoss Sylvia fitted up with a 246/35ZR19 Maxxis ... package cost around the 2 1/2K. We went along to Peddars after that and asked about lowering the vehicle. I mentioned what I had read on this forum about 35mm and 55mm they tell me only one size spring is made for the Aurion which will take it down about 42mm. Does this sound about right ... not sure where some ppl got 35 and 55mm? Anyway .. Fulcrum ... they are another story ... had nothing to offer me without getting in touch with King Springs so I guess I'll give them a miss. Cost for lowering, including fitting, $590. Is that reasonable?

Cheers Ppl

post-7010-1203146992_thumb.jpg

post-7010-1203147015_thumb.jpg

post-7010-1203147027_thumb.jpg

Yep, looks real nice!

2 1/2K is a little steep though, I reckon I could have got them for you for around 2K with the same tyres , maybe next time. Nice choice though!

Edited by Sanz

Thanks for the comments. Pretty happy with them and the performance of the whole vehicle has change somewhat. A little more rigid on the road, understandable, and a lot more positive ... not that it wasn't sure on the road in the first place. Thanks for the price offer, if I decide to change them I'll give you a holla. Been a commodore man for the last 5 - 6 years ... am I glad I saw the light .. well okay then my wife saw the light ... and pleased she talked me into a test run

Cheers

ppl

Looks good :), yeah 2.5 is a bit steep but as long ur happy for what its worth :).

Whats that black car with the chromies on the lawn in the last pic?

Hey AcoustiK

That's a VYS I have for sale ... Interested???? :rolleyes:

Davo I am pretty sure I drove past you on saturday arvo (was in the missus' commondore though) around 3pm on Woolcock St/highway. When it went by i was wondering if it was you............nice wheels by the way.

Hey Beaves

How you doin .. yeah that would have been me ... you don't by any chance live at one of the northern huh? The area in your photo's look familiar

Edited by DavoP