'tivo spotlights

its rediculous really, you can be a smart ***** and tell them you didnt know they were on and look dumb etc, IMO its all a money making thing, as if factory fog lights make any difference on the road, really theyre more a cosmetic thing for new cars rather than actually helping in fog.

i know because driving back from bathurst my fog lights did absolutely nothing

At the end of the day its just more money, fair enough fine the idiots with big floodlight/halogens running unnecessarily with no fog about, but other than that its just being over pedantic, and I think thats why (in which case you should be thankful) that many people get off with a warning and are told to turn them off

sharmz: ;) he didn't just pull me over for that..i was doing 85 in a 60 zone..and when he asked for my license...i didn't have it with me....

after a bit of trying to find some other id...he finally said...

"Alright, i'll give ya a good deal....i'll book ya for being over 15km...and don't worry about your license and lights..just turn them off and find ur license.."

i was like...... :o :huh::blink:

If you take a look some car manufacturers point the fog lights downwards, other point them up. I see so many commodores around with them on and its blinding, thats the reason behind the fines. Also in wet weather the reflection off a car with only 2 lights makes it out to be 4. If u have fog lights on as well it makes the reflection 8 lights in total that are shining in on coming drivers eyes

I think the real problem is when there is a full load in some cars (people or stuff in the boot) and that weighs down the back and forces the lights to shine up. Some of the really new euro cars and a couple of the new Mazdas have the bluish xenon lights that just fry your eyes - especially in the wet as you said.

yeah! i really hate that!

and you don't know if they're high beaming you or not..

i usually just flash them...to indicate that their highs are on.

and when i'm mistaken...i cop an eye full of driving lights + high beam.

ouch! :ph34r:

how bad are 4wds tho. they blind u no matter what.

i high beem anyone who dosnt have their lights adjusted properly, why should i get blinded by their incompatence, they should b blinded too.

and sometimes if a 4wd is behind me i pull over then go behind him with my foggies and high beems on! take that! :angry:

Yeah 4wd are awful to have behind you or heading towards you. In the UK fog lights are yellow as yellow light cuts through the fog, the white ones like on the Stivo are called Driving lights, your allowed to use them any time as they just light your periferal vision, try it, drive at night and switch the little lights off and you will see a small difference, more around your car than anywhere else. I reckon thats a much better system but in Aus they like to book you for anything they can :(.