Whiteline front sway

Mopp

I am pretty close to buying a whiteline front sway but just wondering if its worth the $50 difference between adjustable and non.

Has anyone tried thetwo settings? or have they just put it on and forgotten its there.

And on the non adjustable what is the hole equal to onthe adjustable? softer setting or stiffer?

Cheers in advance

Jarrod

Edited by Mopp

I think it is worth the extra since it means that if the car isn't doing what you want you can change it slightly. But with only two options it is a little narrow in what can be adjusted.

Just be aware that the Sportivo and Corolla have different part numbers and are not (easily) interchangeable.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, just bought the whiteline rear sway bar and got it installed, plus i already had the whiteline front strut. Besides that the car (04 corolla sportivo) is stock suspension wise. Just curious, will a front sway bar make a big difference for road use? Im quite happy with the improvement the rear sway has made with less body roll around corners, now im wondering if i should buy the front sway?? Any tips or advice?

Hi guys, just bought the whiteline rear sway bar and got it installed, plus i already had the whiteline front strut. Besides that the car (04 corolla sportivo) is stock suspension wise. Just curious, will a front sway bar make a big difference for road use? Im quite happy with the improvement the rear sway has made with less body roll around corners, now im wondering if i should buy the front sway?? Any tips or advice?

Don't do it unless your car is lowered! Without an LSD all i get is solid wheel spin from the inside wheel around every corner as the bar is to stiff. (Sucks to be me back on stock suspension :( )

Leave the front stock and put a heavy sway on the rear. Need the front wheels on the ground to get some power down not lifting them when cornering.

If what Sprathai stated it true then how thick a rear sway can you buy? otherwise whats the point of the front sway bar if it only has negative effects from what ive just read?

• 1 month later...

I was wondering this.

Under heavy braking coming into turn 3 at Queensland Raceway, the front of the car would literally float side to side. Then coming out of the corner, it would light up the front wheels, you would hit 8000rpm, then the wheels would grab, and hit 8000rpm again and change gear.

I spoke with Whiteline this week, they said regardless of the drop height, 35mm - 50mm, heavy duty springs will wear out your shocks faster thought i still admit to not fully understanding why the difference in height doens't matter.

Solutions without going to shocks yet>.

whitestivo

If you lower the car by spring and retaining the standard shocks, no matter what drop (35mm or 50mm) the standard shock will wear out faster compared to using standard spring.

I think that's what Whiteline is saying.

And that is why it is recommended to upgrade the shock also.

Under heavy braking coming into turn 3 at Queensland Raceway, the front of the car would literally float side to side.

My impression is this is caused by the forward weight transfer. The rear becomes light and becomes more sensitive to slight changes in direction. Putting heavier springs/stiffer dampeners will control this weight transfer better.

Under heavy braking coming into turn 3 at Queensland Raceway, the front of the car would literally float side to side.

My impression is this is caused by the forward weight transfer. The rear becomes light and becomes more sensitive to slight changes in direction. Putting heavier springs/stiffer dampeners will control this weight transfer better.

try heavy braking in a straight line, hold the steering dead straight and do the heavy braking before you enter the corner..

cars brake best when they are in a straight, if you try to brake hard and turn at the same time the car will feel floaty, and you have a higher chance to spin when entering the corner.

i had the same problem my first time out..