Liverpool Exhaust CAI?

Just rang liverpool exhaust.

CAI Price $280

$350 Fitted

Brand is hurricane.

Just curious as to if anyone has bought their CAI from there and if it was any good at all. sound wise and performance. Price seems alright but i really dont know much difference anyway.lol

Seem very cheap. You got any info on it at all?? did they give you any proof of gains or something like that??

Can't say i have ever heard of the brand.

Seem very cheap. You got any info on it at all?? did they give you any proof of gains or something like that??

Its a CAI SB, they all do the same thing. Im sure it will be fine, snap it up buddy.

I've got a Hurricane filter on my CAI.. If you get it, and its the EXS(exchangeable) one with the normal filter mesh and the steel filter mesh - Make sure the nut is done up effing tight. Mine came loose and the filter mesh fell off the filter, so i was driving around without a filter!!(but this was only for about 20k i estimate, as i had previously checked it, and then started hearing something rolling around in the front, turned out to be the filter)

Just letting you know lol

Well there shop is right next door to livo exhaust.they do headers and stuff. Ill prolly end up getting them to do it as even looking through the forums i still have no idea :S lol. i more want it for the sound anyway.

My concern is, my factory corolla battery died and i replaced its with a 600cca batt which is slightly larger. maybe an inch wider, i had to customise the battery bracket, will this affect the piping positions for the CAI?...................please say no :unsure:

Dearest Roberto,

What brand filter do you have again?? I am going to get one no matter the price because it sounds sexual.

Yours for ever

Simo von Moose

XOXO

Edited by Simo

the livo exhaust guys have been messing with the stivo's since they have 2 of them i think ..... or a relative of theirs has them or something like that ...... i dont have any first hand experience but i was sure someone on the forum got their CAI a few months back ...... either way for that price it should b right ...... no point coming on here asking for an opinion bcuz ur gonna get so many different views that its not funny ..... just buy it and make up ur own mind.

regarding the battery it all depends really how they have run their piping ..... here's a pic of a TRD install with stock battery ..... not a tight fit but also not plenty of room ..... ur just gonna have to go and see if it fits

on_top_6.jpg

Dearest Roberto,

What brand filter do you have again?? I am going to get one no matter the price because it sounds sexual.

Yours for ever

Simo von Moose

XOXO

if rob is still running the one i sold him it should be the ITG

here is some info for you. liverpool exhaust owns the brand hurricane. its there own company. and the complex you went to is all owned by liverpool exhaust. they have different departments for making things. like one shop for making headers and another for ceramic coating. so its all the same company. i had one of there cai's and yes they are pretty straight and should give you extra power. i never had the chance to install my one but they do look good quality. i drove there sportivo the other day and it is kitted out with their own cai and full exhaust system and i will tell you with a SLIPPING clutch flat shift into second and it was just ripping seconds down the whole road. well i mean a fair dustance.

Its a CAI SB, they all do the same thing. Im sure it will be fine, snap it up buddy.

Seriously Micky I never knew that :g:

And no not all CAI's do the same things. Some do funny things when some install them :P

ON a serious note what is this CAI made out of and anyone have specs??

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, finally got my cai from livo exhaust......the sound.......mmmm, to hear lift is one thing, to hear it scream that loud is another :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: i dont think i want an exhaust anymore and the power, she feels so much quicker and torqier.lol.

Well anyway, heres the engine pic, engine covers half painted, i still have to spray the badge. I dont think the trd cai would have fit anyway due to me have a larger than stock battery, and even then the guy had to spin the batt terminal around.

Tell me what u think of the colours, im kinda going for the red n silver/chrome look, hopefully get the inside the same as well.

Mainly because after reading the topic on the cai numerous times, i still had no idea on how to put it in, but also cause i get warranty and the guy at the shop knows exactly how to put i in, instead of my guess work.lol

Plus as i said before, (my thoughts only) i dont think the trd cai would have fit with my bigger battery, and its a diff red, i suppose i could always pull out the pipework and spray that.

Plus as i said before, (my thoughts only) i dont think the trd cai would have fit with my bigger battery, and its a diff red, i suppose i could always pull out the pipework and spray that.

I'm not too sure what they used at Livo, but I'm sure the pipework is treated. Don't spray it.