seat covers for the sportivo?

funkd

I personally don't think I should get them because they're sport seats and the seat covers would look ugly. Then again getting seat covers would prevent wear/tear to some extent and in case I spill something.

I'd like to know everyone else’s opinion?

;) i think the same thing, it comes down to personal preference really.

do you care more about the look of the car or the condition....hard one coz its ultimately both most people care about.

i have been thinking about getting some myself just to keep the seats in good condition but came across the same factors.

i honestly havent seen any sportivo's with covers around my way. im sure u can find some that would suit it tho. its ultimately up to you what is most important to you.

I personally don't think I should get them because they're sport seats and the seat covers would look ugly. Then again getting seat covers would prevent wear/tear to some extent and in case I spill something.

I'd like to know everyone else’s opinion?

Hi funkd,

I think you need to be a bit careful when thinking about seat covers.

Many years ago I had a set of sheepskin seat covers tailor made for my first Landcruiser. When I took them off years later, when I sold that vehicle, the internal seams of the seat covers had damages the original seat coverings. Obviously having that set of seat covers ended up being counterproductive.

Another thought on this matter.

If you like the original seat coverings then don't put covers on them, after all your car is there for you to enjoy, to take pride in. Why put covers on so that the next owner has the satisfaction of nice new seats. Isn't one of the reasons behind new car ownership to be able to bask in the whole ambiance of the latest in car interior design, including the designer colour scheme of the upholstery.

Just a thought

Quark

Don't think you should use seat covers as there is an airbag that is in the door side of the seats. If you cover the seats it will significantly reduce this airbags effectiveness.

Off the topic, but i was actually looking at re-padding the leather if not remake it... I find the stock leather sportivo seats a bit hard compared to those offered in Falcons or Euro cars, also the leather texture and product seems kinda el-budgeto, kinda like shoe leather...

Don't think you should use seat covers as there is an airbag that is in the door side of the seats. If you cover the seats it will significantly reduce this airbags effectiveness.

This is correct.

There are Aurion car seat covers available on the Toyota website that are recommended for this reason, although they look shyte.

Maybe you could modify a seat cover with velcro or similar?

wat bout custom made leather seat cover? i saw them on few cars, they look kinda good. i m getting it for aurion when i paid off my speeding fine.

also, my camry has been driven for 3 years, the seat actually does not look old, so i think if without cover, the seat will still be fine~

i think you will find that it is highly illegal to use a seat cover on a car that has side airbags because the airbags are in the seat bolsters and as such the seat cover would impose on the airbag doing its designated job.

i think you will find that it is highly illegal to use a seat cover on a car that has side airbags because the airbags are in the seat bolsters and as such the seat cover would impose on the airbag doing its designated job.

Woolen Car Seat Covers

I had lambswool seat covers on my old Hilux which were great as they made the seats bearable on long trips up the snow.

I'm sure there would be a leather equivalent but these guys make a seat cover with an airbag seam in the side that "allows the air bag to deploy perfectly in the event of an accident".

I'm sure there would be a leather mob that would have the same type of thing if you wanted leather....

I bought my stivo with 20,000k's on the clock, and it had custom sheepskin seat covers since new(i have the reciept for something like $400+)..

Anyway i drove about 10,000 with them on and then decided to take them off... The seats looked like brand new, as if i had just bought the car out of the showroom..

I havent put them on since as i liked how the seats were without them, although i sort of regret this now as the seats are a little bit faded, and you can see heaps of wear marks that were never there before i took the covers off... oh well, might put them back on cause of the cold winter days!

I put an order in for some at the local dealership here in TVL, they said it would take 3 weeks as they are custom made somewhere. I wanted to see a picture of them before committing, but they couldn't find any, I was reluctant to continue on but i gave them a deposit, if they look like a$$, they won't be getting the remainder of the coin. I will put a photo up if they are any good.

Hi,

I bought some "OK" seat cover from "AutoOne" for mine. They had side air bag flaps and they looked OK too. All black with electric blue trim & separate head cover as well. Only cost me $45. But most of them did look like ma&pa covers. :)

Edited by Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

Don't bother, mine arrived 2 weeks ago and i was highly disappointed. they are customed made by another company, theres no sign of a toyota logo anywhere on them and the black colour i got doesn't suit the rest of the inside of the car. I was tempted to take them back, but i can't be bothered arguing with the clowns. Highly disppointed

Don't bother, mine arrived 2 weeks ago and i was highly disappointed. they are customed made by another company, theres no sign of a toyota logo anywhere on them and the black colour i got doesn't suit the rest of the inside of the car. I was tempted to take them back, but i can't be bothered arguing with the clowns. Highly disppointed

Thanks Mate.....apperciate your feedback.

• 1 year later...
hey so did anyone end up finding proper/good covers for the aurion? or is the best bet throw overs?

Waits for Ingres. He has some nice leather like seat covers. The fitment may not be as good as a full re-trim, but it comes in really cleanly.

hey so did anyone end up finding proper/good covers for the aurion? or is the best bet throw overs?

Waits for Ingres. He has some nice leather like seat covers. The fitment may not be as good as a full re-trim, but it comes in really cleanly.

I will try and take some photos of it tomorrow.. :)

Here's mine .. sorry for the quality of the photos.. the sun is too bright..

c****ats0013resize.jpg

c****ats0003resize.jpg

c****ats0004resize.jpg

c****ats0006resize.jpg

Edited by Ingres