Sydney Monthly Meet - 31st May - Meet @ villawood then cruise up the mountains

Anybody mind if I bring my Pulsar??

Good competition with the stivo's :spiteful:

IF THE ENGINE DOSENT FALL OUT BRING IT

Haha, should be all fixed by then turk.

Competition? Or u mean good fun for the Stivo's :P :spiteful::yahoo:

Haha.... We'll leave it for the night for you to judge if its good fun for u ladies :clap:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of info on your Pulsar would be nice, looking forward to seeing it.

SR20VE by any chance?? Haven't seen one before so thats the only thing I'm hoping for.

its a piece of **** sr20. falling apart and the engine held with one mount. FAIL.

that is all

Haha nah buddy unfortauntely its not a VE. Its a 1995 Black Japspec SSS N14

It's the rarest of them all. Rare being that it is JAP and black at the same time, and sunroof and ABS too..

Not many in Sydney, I wud have to say 30 at the most.

At the moment, Yes Sinan is right, it is pretty much F****D up... ive got 1 mount holding the engine, selector fork damaged inside the gearbox, gear linkage is damaged, selector shaft boot is leaking, rattling CV's, no pads left on brakes, damaged suspension components, smashed front bar, rusted bonnet, peeling tints.... and I think im experiencing a current air flow meter issue as my motor seems to be coughing alot.

Although im sending the car through a MASS RECOVERY SESSION.

Im getting litteraly everything fixed, so if i do pop by the meet, it will catch some eyes heheeh....

BTW, going in the VE direction is certainly expensive.... Not sure if its worth it though.

If you want to see a VE in action, there will be one at Compak Attack next week at WSID.

Edited by TRIPPER

A bit of info on your Pulsar would be nice, looking forward to seeing it.

SR20VE by any chance?? Haven't seen one before so thats the only thing I'm hoping for.

its a piece of **** sr20. falling apart and the engine held with one mount. FAIL.

that is all

lol orly?

u gota help me transform my lil nugget into a black beast turk

what competition? lol! **** it bring it if you want not the first time weve had non toyota's turn up im sure if that being the case my mate might come with in his mini............just dont get in front of him when your stoppin his brakes are shot lol!

what competition? lol! **** it bring it if you want not the first time weve had non toyota's turn up im sure if that being the case my mate might come with in his mini............just dont get in front of him when your stoppin his brakes are shot lol!

Haha cool just thought id ask just incase you guys mind.

Competition... yes.... lots of it too. :toast:

Having hung around the den of wolves (Canberra Pulsar Group), I've found that Pulsars aren't to be taken lightly at times.

The SR20DE's shouldn't be looked down on. For an old motor they're still holding their own, and aren't a great deal slower than a 2zzge when 1/4 mile times and bang for buck mods are taken into consideration.

The one strength I can see us having is in the area of F/I believe it or not. An SR20DET conversion in an N14 / 15 would go down nicely, but you'd be forever going through gearboxes. I think the strength of the 6 speed in ours would cope nicely with a supercharger or turbo (xoom?).

Having hung around the den of wolves (Canberra Pulsar Group), I've found that Pulsars aren't to be taken lightly at times.

The SR20DE's shouldn't be looked down on. For an old motor they're still holding their own, and aren't a great deal slower than a 2zzge when 1/4 mile times and bang for buck mods are taken into consideration.

The one strength I can see us having is in the area of F/I believe it or not. An SR20DET conversion in an N14 / 15 would go down nicely, but you'd be forever going through gearboxes. I think the strength of the 6 speed in ours would cope nicely with a supercharger or turbo (xoom?).

oh **** yeh the sr20 is a strong contender dont get me wrong im only havin a dig by slaggin them off nissan engines are ok just the build quality is not fantastic

oh **** yeh the sr20 is a strong contender dont get me wrong im only havin a dig by slaggin them off nissan engines are ok just the build quality is not fantastic

yep ur right.

SR20DE = punchy motors for stock, definately only a touch slower than the sportivo's these days.... fomr what i know a dead stock average time for a sportivo is a 15.5.... dead stock for a sss is 15.9

I enjoy the good power delivery in my car especialy the mid range as its quite torquey...

but yep build quality aint on the money although if serviced regularly then they can go up to 300,000 km with no problem.

but yes toyota is tough lol

Enough Said! :rolleyes:

Edited by TRIPPER

Bring the sss :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Haha yep I still owe you a ride in it lol....

the SR20 is nothing to be sneezed at, they are certainly not slow. SR20VE more so, I wonder how it fairs against say a Blacktop BEAMS 3SGE.

I went to a dyno day a couple of months ago and there was a lightly modified VE there that came down from the central coast.

I think he pulled about 115kw atw but he told me the mechanic didnt rev his car out and only dipped it into the high lobe and let go of the throttle.

If what he told me is true, id believe they are animal motors, but if thats peak power, along with all those mods his done to it, id rather stick to a DE.

It seems NZ is the place to be for SR20VE's. I here there's many more of them there. An SR20DE with light mods would get 100kw atw with a decent tune I'm thinking? My friend is hoping for that once he's done a few things (cams for one).

It seems to me that the VE is a dead ringer for the 2zz in terms of power and characteristics. I'd be supercharging one that's for sure.

I have a dyno day coming up with the Pulsar people here, so I shall post up some findings in a seperate thread. The question is, will I have the 2.5 inch catback on by then? Doubtful, but oh well, I already know what I'll make lol.

It seems NZ is the place to be for SR20VE's. I here there's many more of them there. An SR20DE with light mods would get 100kw atw with a decent tune I'm thinking? My friend is hoping for that once he's done a few things (cams for one).

It seems to me that the VE is a dead ringer for the 2zz in terms of power and characteristics. I'd be supercharging one that's for sure.

I have a dyno day coming up with the Pulsar people here, so I shall post up some findings in a seperate thread. The question is, will I have the 2.5 inch catback on by then? Doubtful, but oh well, I already know what I'll make lol.

To get a SR20DE to make 100kwatw... you would have to have Tomei Poncams, Extractors, Full exhaust, Cold air intake, Adjusted igniton timing.

And your looking at 98-101 kw atw depending on the dyno.... and a High 14 run with a good suspension/tyre setup.

To get a SR20DE to make 100kwatw... you would have to have Tomei Poncams, Extractors, Full exhaust, Cold air intake, Adjusted igniton timing.

Bingo, that all sounds about right. The cams ring a bell. He's looking to have a fair bit of fun with it. It's not running the best at the moment and he's keen to perfect it more.

rob when's this dyno day? Let me know ok.

This weekend dude. May 17th. I'll post up a thread when I get home. Probably need to pounce on this and sought out money on my end. I'll contact my mate that originally started it (poor guy was beaten up in civic so he's been recovering).

I will warn you though, we could be humbled by a 1.6L N15 pulsar that just had a turbo upgrade done to it :ph34r: It's rather nippy.

rob when's this dyno day? Let me know ok.

Yep me too..

Would this be in sydney by anychancE?

Canberra :( sorry hombre.

-----------------------------

Apologies for the thread hijack as well Bill, you know I'm allowed to do it though. I'm Nelson.

lols or we could go BLUE HEAVEN (cafe/ICECREAMM) AND GET STICKY RICE ICECREAM MMMMSSS

or ca'dor (cafe) in straithfield and check out the cute korean boys :D:D

:idea:

omg tell me what street this is on in strathfield im so going there asap like 2nite i love sticky rice anyone know some good places in syd that have good dessert sticky rice I LOVE IT :yahoo:

ohh and i will try and be there with my new headers finally :spiteful:

if i dont go away that weekend i no my mates wanted to go away dunno if its still going ahead but if not im there 100% :toast:

it will be good to see some old mates and some new faces :idea: twisties :) twisties run is a must and xoom im staying behind u sick of getting stuck behind the slow pokes with no coilovers

no offence ya'll :rolleyes:

excellent ..... looks like we are going to have a good turn out ..... and yeah im not fussed if u bring friends or if different make/model cars turn up ..... always good to have some variety ...... will work on a route that offers a nice drive for people ......

excellent ..... looks like we are going to have a good turn out ..... and yeah im not fussed if u bring friends or if different make/model cars turn up ..... always good to have some variety ...... will work on a route that offers a nice drive for people ......

cheers bill... its black-jap by d way :rolleyes: (jacob)