Rav4 V6

vassam

I and the sad owner of a 2008 Rav4 V6 SX6. Bought it from Cornes Toyota in Adelaide-BIG MISTAKE. They are the worst ever. Have taken the car back twice due to a loud whine in the transmission at 40-65km/hr. Twice they have told me it is an undesirable characteristic and refuse to do anything about it-Assholes.

WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA AGAIN

DO NOT BUY FROM CORNES TOYOTA IN ADELAIDE

Edited by vassam

you prob find the car wont even start if u go into holden or ford.. i think toyota will def fix ur problem if its something wrong... all the best

Well there have been members here who have had bigger problems and taken their cars back to Toyota, resulting in full recalls. One bloke got a $35,000 credit, but he didn't slander any dealers or the Toyota brand...

Try taking it to another dealer, they may have a different view and follow through on fixing the problem.

Oh and by the way saying you will never buy a particular car again does not help your situation, Dealer will then take the view nothing can change his mind so no use wasting any effort on you. Where as you can let them know you are displeased and that this is affecting your parents / friends / unknown strangers decision to buy a car of said make and suddenly they will often go out of the way to help (Dealer think potential sale if I look after this customer)

1 guestion, Do you test drive the car a few times before buying? I test drive 2 times both my camry 05 and aurion 06 before deciding to take them. Pushing them a little, look for weird sounds?

Bad luck mate~ you can be smarter next time~

I and the sad owner of a 2008 Rav4 V6 SX6. Bought it from Cornes Toyota in Adelaide-BIG MISTAKE. They are the worst ever. Have taken the car back twice due to a loud whine in the transmission at 40-65km/hr. Twice they have told me it is an undesirable characteristic and refuse to do anything about it-Assholes.

Man I'm jealous. I wish I had an uber whine in my transmission. Make it sound like a track car.

I suggest you call Toyota head office customer service and lodge a complain. The dealer is meant to try and fix the problem. I find it surprising that Toyota wouldn't fix anything like that. When the TRD Aurion dropped in price, owners of TRD Aurions before the pricde drop were given a 104cm LCD TV and some money back to make up for the price difference.

slagging toyota off wont solve anything do what the other guys say and theyll listen some dealers just arent interested in trying to fix problems logically or will have a half assed shot and not come up with an answer

• 1 year later...

I tested the RAV4 V6 and loved it but decided to buy a new X-trail instead. My wife would be driving it and I just thought its got too much power for a light, tall car with soft-roader type handling and I also thought that the cheap models were very basic and I wonder whether the top model (SX is the middle one right? between the CV and the Cruiser???) has more sound deadening. I actually think that it is a bit irresponsible for Toyota to sell the RAV V6 when it just doesn't handle and brake well enough for 200kW. The throttle was extremely sensitive on the one I drove and so you could sneeze and end up in the back of the car in front < :huh: _<

To vassam: instead of whinging on this forum, just contact Toyota HO Customer service about your problem and the attitude from the Dealer. If you believe you have a problem, you could also write to the Co President in Japan. I know this method worked with Sony in the past. The Sony president would send 'please fix this' alerts to the Sony powers in Oz.

To herman munster: thank god its not left to people like you to market cars in Oz - we'd all be ridings camels instead of performance vehicles. I can safely handle the acceleration of the RAV6 and encourage manufacturers to continue to supply them.

I think alot of people are being a bit harsh on Vassam, he seems to be upset and just wanted to vent his frustration ona Forum that he thought would support him.

However i do think he could've dealt with it a little different, the problem here is not with Toyota Rav4 but its its service centre and this not only happens with Toyota but many other dealer service centres of different brands.

I think you next step should be trying another dealer and if that doesnt work then take it up with Toyota Australia

P.s: Herman: the 200kw on my Rav is just perfect...... there is no other SUV in its class with the power and space the rav4 offers...the driver should know their limits.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a TSB in the US for this problem:

TSB Number: TC006-07

Bulletin Title: DRONE NOISE & VIBRATION AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS

Release Date: April 24, 2007

Applicable Year(s): 2006 - 2007 (VIN Specific) [2GR-FE]

File Size: 438 kb

Description: Some model year 2006-2007 4WD RAV4 vehicles equiped with a 2GR-FE engine may exhibit an intermittent drone noise and vibration at highway speeds, peaking at approx. 60 mph. A new 4WD computer assembly has been made available to address this concern.

http://www.RAV4World.com/tsb/2007/TC006-07.pdf

Here's another discussion of the problem that Toyota is now calling a "drone" noise:

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21109

good onya junebug

thats what these forums are all about

giving people in trouble a few options-information IS power...

no need to worry about attitudes and other stuff...