and1's ride. Silver FTW!!!

and1

Update.

Ok guys. Early this morning I got the 'cosmetic' upgrade done. I'll let the pics do most of the talking.

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

It's a vinyl overlay in matte black. I am very happy with the results :D

THEN AFTER

Went to Damo to get the D2 coils in. Just a quick snap of pics to show what happened.

IMG_0740.jpg

Difference between front stock shock with Kings Low and front D2 coilover

IMG_0737.jpg

Difference between the rears

IMG_0743.jpg

Front installed

IMG_0738.jpg

Rear installed

IMG_0742.jpg

Hai being a tool :lol:

IMG_0746.jpg

Barely clearing the ramp for wheel alignment :o

Overall very very happy with the D2s over the stock shock and Kings Lows. Yes there are niggles with the low speed noises but I still find them comfortable, perhaps even more so than compared to the stock shock/Kings Lows combo. Handles like a dream now :D

Still waiting for Whiteline rear sway to arrive B)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice

me likey :)

Thanks man.

lookin very sexy there mate. Well done!

so with the coilovers what exactly can you adjust and by how much!

and also whats the cost of the coilovers if you dont mind me asking.

The D2 coilovers are height, camber and damper adjustable. I got them secondhand for around 500 B)

nice work Andy..although i still think u shld have done the bonnet in a gloss black to match the shiny silver..hehee oh time to respray those rims and calipers ;)

haha yeah yeah adrian. Might have to have a talk to your after chrissie :whistling: :whistling:

i recon powdercoat the rims matt black now. And paint your badges matt black also. Bonnets looking good man. What that set you back?

Thanks man. Yeah thinking about that now. Bonnet cost 200.

xD everyone should see it in flesh.. its bloddy awesome .. so is andy ;) wink....

Haha thanks ken. You're awesome too for doing my speakers :)

:) wow good job andy! :D the vinyl looks good..

hope to catch up with u soon ey!

Thanks man. Yeah man gotta catch up soon eh. Welcome back!

nice touch andy! how about custom painting the eyelids like this

http://c-one.jp/aero-zoom_image/zze_el42.jpg

and yeah where was the vinyl done and how much?

Yeah I had that in my head a while ago. haven't got around to doing it yet.

that is sexy as.

Thanks man. Your pretty sexy yourself :spiteful:

Oh yeah I couldn't get the paint over the week. i'll try sometime this week. Sorry man :(

• 3 weeks later...

hey Andy i hadnt seen this thread on all the bits n pieces u have done to your sportivo, but wow seems lots of time & effort has been put into it, and the result is awesome! Looks reeeally good, well done!!! Last time i seen it in person it looked pretty good, but a few more things been done since then. A definate individual stivo thats for sure. :) :)

nice car wasnt sure what the black eyelids would look like with black bonnet but turned out good,a real carbon bonnet would of been great, the vinyl is very ricey. i know carbon parts are a pain for the street as one accident will rite the thing off and there goes $1000

hey Andy i hadnt seen this thread on all the bits n pieces u have done to your sportivo, but wow seems lots of time & effort has been put into it, and the result is awesome! Looks reeeally good, well done!!! Last time i seen it in person it looked pretty good, but a few more things been done since then. A definate individual stivo thats for sure. :) :)

Thanks for your kind words Nel :)

nice car wasnt sure what the black eyelids would look like with black bonnet but turned out good,a real carbon bonnet would of been great, the vinyl is very ricey. i know carbon parts are a pain for the street as one accident will rite the thing off and there goes $1000

Yeah I know its ricey but it also protects my bonnet from stone chips on freeway driving ;)

The cf bonnet for the facelift from c-one is alot dearer (around $1.5k + shipping from Jap)

hrmmm i dont noooo andy...... i dont nooooo.....

nah it looks the treat mate very unique indeed ;)

Thanks Steve, your opinion means alot as your ride is so sexy B)

Also I got my rear sway bar a couple weeks ago. On Xmas eve actually. Still gotta get it in the car. I really have to thank Simon (jadered) for making it happen and for his commitment. Thanks mate :clap:

Here's a couple of pics of it

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Also got around to painting the front Toyota Badge matte black to match the front

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

And took a few shots of the HIDs tonight :)

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

They are 8000k as stated before. Makes my fogs look really yellow now <_<

looks good. Noob question though... with spraying the badge black... did you sand it or what prep did you do? OR did you just clean it and sprayed directly onto it? and what paint did you use so that the black won't scuff off the original chrome badge? If any of that made sense LOL

looks good. Noob question though... with spraying the badge black... did you sand it or what prep did you do? OR did you just clean it and sprayed directly onto it? and what paint did you use so that the black won't scuff off the original chrome badge? If any of that made sense LOL

hey thanks. not much prep work. Just cleaned it then sprayed. Did the same with my headlights. Not sure if it will scuff off the chrome paint though..

hey thanks. not much prep work. Just cleaned it then sprayed. Did the same with my headlights. Not sure if it will scuff off the chrome paint though..

i think i saw u today at 7 in leederville... ^^"