Blind Kid Seeks

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gw andy! whos ya tuner?

very interested to see how it all goes

www.etuner.com.au

Cihan Aday... great guy, very thorough and neat.... and might i add... very reasonably priced. If anyone wants to get their cars tuned by him.. feel confident he will treat it like it was his own car.

Monday i'll have all the results

Brings back memories, fond ones too. I like the cut of your gib bks.

got any experience on any of the stuff i am trying... i dont mind being a bit of a pioneer... but would hate to have to make stupid mistakes if somone else's already made them... catch my drift?

Well I own a Mazda now, so I deserve to die, but, everything "you've" done is in good taste and is thought through. I never mucked about with e-management though. It's good to see personally, because all it takes is one to lead and more will follow. I'm very interested to see the dyno results. Not power so much, but more so how linear it is and how the a/f line looks etc.

Whats the CEL for? Reading the error code will help with speeding up the problem solving.

Hi SD.

i dont have the code on hand....

not sure if you know the Greddy Product well.. but the little box's get power as soon as you insert the key in the ignition... before you even get to ACC.

As this happens there is a solenoid clicking in the engine bay.. on the Drivers side of the engine, top of the head... i assume thats where the relay/solenoid is for the VVT.

as the VVT is activated before the engine is run.. the ECU is flipping out... entering Safe mode.. 7000 rpm fuel cut... and disabling VVT.

i'll try get the error code for you.

regards

Andy.

Maybe a simple pinstripe design along the side of the car will look good

Or a racing GT stripe in the middle of the hood extending all the back of the car over the roof :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Whats the CEL for? Reading the error code will help with speeding up the problem solving.

Hi SD.

i dont have the code on hand....

not sure if you know the Greddy Product well.. but the little box's get power as soon as you insert the key in the ignition... before you even get to ACC.

As this happens there is a solenoid clicking in the engine bay.. on the Drivers side of the engine, top of the head... i assume thats where the relay/solenoid is for the VVT.

as the VVT is activated before the engine is run.. the ECU is flipping out... entering Safe mode.. 7000 rpm fuel cut... and disabling VVT.

i'll try get the error code for you.

regards

Andy.

You can change your switched 12V wire so the greddy boxes only get power when the ECU switches the Main Relay.

Edited by rollamods

You can change your switched 12V wire so the greddy boxes only get power when the ECU switches the Main Relay.

I don't know how the GReddy's need to be wired in as I have never dealt with one before. But it sounds like you've picked up the power/start from the wrong side of the ignition. Are you getting it from the ignition or from the ECU?