BKS - ZZE123R

Blind Kid Seeks

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a simple pinstripe design along the side of the car will look good

Or a racing GT stripe in the middle of the hood extending all the back of the car over the roof :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Nah, more like the Nismo s-tune Silvia's or R34 GTR's.

well the dyno day came and went with much success!

The dyno however was throwing some speed sensor errors... which made tuning the Lift cam in the high RPM impossible. was throwing KW atw around 135 - 139... and was clearly reading incorrect.

Lift is now set at 6100 rpm... so i am sure theres more work to be done there on this cam...

its making roughly 127kw atw... i can say this as at 125kw if you follow the progression of the power line on the sheet it would have toppped out there... but as they dyno was reading all whack... we couldnt get an accurate number... :( back to another dyno for more tuning and a real number later in the month i think.

overall the torque is now flat... this things now an amazing car to drive around in.. the improvements over the bottom and mid rev range are EPIC.

When the car switches to the high cam.. it doesnt kick so much anymore as slide into a new realm of power, so nice...

I'm thoroughly happy with the progress this is making... and loooking forward to the next tune day for the finishing touches with the lift cam... and try to bring the power band lower in the rev range with some clever cam timing and fuel mapping.

while i'd love to ask around for some V-manage timing maps for me to look at ... there arent any for the 2zzge... as far as i am aware, this is a world first!

If anyone with a PFC on a NA 2zzge is reading this, can can send me a copy of their VVTL map ... i'd be massively apreciative.

BKS.

27112008.jpg

Black Stockies FTW

Powder coated satin Black at Masutti Bros in West Footscray

each rim.

$30 Sand Blast

$30 Powder coated

looking way hot :) still loved ur old rims thou .. they were VERY NICE

xD are you intending to have the centre cap back on your wheels? I found painting them abit of a tricky job as they flakes off quite easily..

27112008.jpg

Black Stockies FTW

each rim.

$30 Sand Blast

$30 Powder coated

xD are you intending to have the centre cap back on your wheels? I found painting them abit of a tricky job as they flakes off quite easily..

I Painted them black.. time will tell i guess...

i used a co**** pad to rough up the surface, plastic primer and Satin Black paint top coat.... hopefully should do the trick

So, what have you spent on tuning so far dude?

Just curious, as Im about to throw some money at a tuner. Any idea of $ per hour etc?

www.etuner.com.au

Cihan Aday

$400 Emanage Ultimate

$698 Vmanage + Dual 1 Adaptor

$550 Install and Dyno Tune.

he had my car for 4 Days... mainly because it'd never been done before (EMU + VMAN + 2zzge) ... ever... so naturally there were some teething problems.

27112008.jpg

Black Stockies FTW

each rim.

$30 Sand Blast

$30 Powder coated

I Painted them black.. time will tell i guess...

i used a co**** pad to rough up the surface, plastic primer and Satin Black paint top coat.... hopefully should do the trick

oh yeah, i liked the older rims too...

but times are a changing...

i wanted my stockies back on...

nice nice :) i mite go down that path if it works out for u :) looks very nice inside out xD.... cant wait to see whats more to come!

wheels looking gr8. Im getting my stockies powdercoated white tomorrow, just in time to fit my Toyo T1R's on teusday. Costing me $40 per rim but with no sandblasting.

When are you getting a final dyno figure after all the tuning?

wheels looking gr8. Im getting my stockies powdercoated white tomorrow, just in time to fit my Toyo T1R's on teusday. Costing me $40 per rim but with no sandblasting.

When are you getting a final dyno figure after all the tuning?

hey mate,

White would look great!

why arent you sand blasting the rims though? wouldnt you need to do that for the material to adhere better to the rims?

Still havent got a dyno date set yet for the final figure... just waiting on the tuner to get it organised.

i'm looking forward to it.