BKS - ZZE123R

Blind Kid Seeks

Andy looking really sexy now. I think all you need is a stubby antenna to complete the look. 5/5 for your car mate. I really wanna see how your final tune goes..

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice wheels man, how does it handle now with the stock wheels?

its a more comfortable ride....

they tyres i have on are 205/50 r16 so they are diffferent aspect than the stock size. But i am very happy with them so far. they tyre squeal a bit when pushed but thats to be expected i guess.

the ride over all is very good. I am thinking of gettimg some spacers on there though just to widen the track a little and fill the guards some more.

wheels looking gr8. Im getting my stockies powdercoated white tomorrow, just in time to fit my Toyo T1R's on teusday. Costing me $40 per rim but with no sandblasting.

When are you getting a final dyno figure after all the tuning?

hey mate,

White would look great!

why arent you sand blasting the rims though? wouldnt you need to do that for the material to adhere better to the rims?

Still havent got a dyno date set yet for the final figure... just waiting on the tuner to get it organised.

i'm looking forward to it.

Well sandblasting wouldve cost more, but yes, wish i had done it now. The guy whos doing it is powdercoating them twice for better adhereing cos 1st time around he got a few bubble. Will see how they turn out tomorrow then off to get my Toyo's. All you need now is some Red Rays or Volk Lug nuts, there just uber pricey.

wheels looking gr8. Im getting my stockies powdercoated white tomorrow, just in time to fit my Toyo T1R's on teusday. Costing me $40 per rim but with no sandblasting.

When are you getting a final dyno figure after all the tuning?

hey mate,

White would look great!

why arent you sand blasting the rims though? wouldnt you need to do that for the material to adhere better to the rims?

Still havent got a dyno date set yet for the final figure... just waiting on the tuner to get it organised.

i'm looking forward to it.

Well sandblasting wouldve cost more, but yes, wish i had done it now. The guy whos doing it is powdercoating them twice for better adhereing cos 1st time around he got a few bubble. Will see how they turn out tomorrow then off to get my Toyo's. All you need now is some Red Rays or Volk Lug nuts, there just uber pricey.

nice :) one black and one chrome tip ;)

i'm getting those things chopped... it pisses me off that they have discoloured so much!

i think its because you flog your car too much lol.......mine are still fair bright.....right duller than left a little

;)

So, what have you spent on tuning so far dude?

Just curious, as Im about to throw some money at a tuner. Any idea of $ per hour etc?

www.etuner.com.au

Cihan Aday

$400 Emanage Ultimate

$698 Vmanage + Dual 1 Adaptor

$550 Install and Dyno Tune.

he had my car for 4 Days... mainly because it'd never been done before (EMU + VMAN + 2zzge) ... ever... so naturally there were some teething problems.

Interesting . . . :whistling:

Just curious, as Im about to throw some money at a tuner. Any idea of $ per hour etc?

www.etuner.com.au

Cihan Aday

$400 Emanage Ultimate

he had my car for 4 Days... mainly because it'd never been done before (EMU + VMAN + 2zzge) ... ever... so naturally there were some teething problems.

im sensing JC might do a road trip to melbourne....leave car with Cihan for afew days whilst he relaxes in melbourne and drives home in his newly modded and tuned stivo ?

www.etuner.com.au

Cihan Aday

$400 Emanage Ultimate

Whats interesting mate?

some of the better tuners in Brisbane charge around the $180-200/hr mark for dyno tuning these days, you usually get a discount if they're working on something new they have to "learn".

Some of them will also rent you dyno time so you can do your own tuning for around $90-130/hr depending on the type of dyno they have.

Edited by rollamods

some of the better tuners in Brisbane charge around the $180-200/hr mark for dyno tuning these days, you usually get a discount if they're working on something new they have to "learn".

Some of them will also rent you dyno time so you can do your own tuning for around $90-130/hr depending on the type of dyno they have.

Cihan has tuned many a Emanage Ultimate + Vmanage before... it was just the installation into a 2zzge that'd not been done before.

I'm getting some little niggles that are getting sorted out this weekend hopefully...

It seems as though.. if i boot it when its not totally warmed up (on the odd occaision), the Vmanage forces the VVTL system to work when the stock ECU wouldnt normally activate as its protecting the engine??? Symptoms are that it starts to idle a little rough, and even cut out. under accelleration, power delivery is "pulsing".

Cihan thinks it could be TPS related... so we're gonna get it plugged in to a laptop, and try make it report a fault code or at least log something and do some diagnostics.

will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27112008.jpg

Black Stockies FTW

Powder coated satin Black at Masutti Bros in West Footscray

each rim.

$30 Sand Blast

$30 Powder coated

hey BKS! i was wanting to get my rims powder coated aswell,

was just wondering though, when u got it done, did u drive up and leave ur car there for the day?

or did it take a few days?

i got my stock rims on the car, and was hoping to find out if i need to leave the rims there for a few days!

im not tooo sure how it works!

btw, ur car's looking good brooo! =]

cant wait to see it in person next time!

hey BKS! i was wanting to get my rims powder coated aswell,

was just wondering though, when u got it done, did u drive up and leave ur car there for the day?

or did it take a few days?

i got my stock rims on the car, and was hoping to find out if i need to leave the rims there for a few days!

im not tooo sure how it works!

btw, ur car's looking good brooo! =]

cant wait to see it in person next time!

When getting your rims powdercoated, you will need to take the rubber off as they bake the powder onto the rim.

Powdercoating usually only takes 1-2 days. If your car is a nesscessity maybe look into a 2nd hand set, once those are painted change the tyres over and resell the wheels which were on the car.