Landing in LIFT on 1 - 2 !!!

The sure fire way to land in lift 1-2 is too just leave your foot slightly on the gas throughout the change this gives the car some more revs when the clutch engages so it lands higher in 2nd about 6100. Its a little brutal but works every time for me.

done it many times... as said you gotta leave ur foot on the gas and change super quick... ive actually learnt while changing gears i can leave my foot on the gas and hold it at 8k and not hit the limiter, :rolleyes:

ive got a vid ( not lift from 1-2 ) but 2-3 and 3-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9XuvhzxUdY

stock clutch.. when licence has returned ill try get a vid from 1-2 for ya lol

and just relised this is a 2004 thread, OMG what are you thinking posting on such an OLD thread :help: :help: :help: :help:

Apart from posting a video of yourself on a public forum speeding theres no challenege in holding a sportivo in lift 2-3 and 3-4 it's only 1-2 :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holding your foot flat on the gas between shifts isnt the healthiest thing to do to the car but then again drive it like u stole it ...... lol ..... the issue really is if u dont land the shift then because u have those revs up ..... ughghghgh the damage ..... makes me cringe thinking about it.

a far easier way to do this guys is pretty simple.

HD Clutch, light weight flywheel, PFC, short shifter and a properly adjusted clutch.

Get the PFC tuned right should land lift engagement at around 5700 rpms and bump the limiter to 8400 and that gives u plenty of time to keep it lifting through all gears.

For a bit of trivia in our experimenting with my car we found we achieved max results @ WOT with lift coming on at 4400 rpms when u run 21psi through the engine ;) didnt work so well when not on WOT though ..... lol