Landing in LIFT on 1 - 2 !!!

I just had a run with my friend's Honda Prelude 2000 model last night. It was a close one on several occasions. The first run he had a good start. I didn't rev at 3-4RPM at take off so the car lagged a bit.So he beat me by half a car length. I also couldn;t land in lift changing from 1-2. It still won;t go in on 2nd gear at high revs.

The second run I manage to get a good start and beat him by half a car length. The third run I beat him again.

If I landed in lift every time, he wouldn't stand a chance!

I also crunched the gears going from 2-3. It seems like it doesn;t wanna go into gear when it is in lift mode, anything higher than 6RPM.

Is it my driving or the gear box is still tight???

Probably my driving < <

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it my driving or the gear box is still tight???

Probably my driving < <

I was blamin my box for a while.. :o Till I worked out it was the heavy handed mongrel driving.. :rolleyes: Almost got it sused now... I landed a coupla good LIfts on the 1-2 this morning... Just have to perfect the technique now..

Hey guys i dont wanna brag but since my car got serviced on monday, I landed in lift everytime i tried from 1st to 2nd. The other day a moron in an old ea/eb v8 fairlane took me on,however the road was not straight, it was a right turn from the lights.I was on the inside lane and lets just say i broke into a wild wheel spin once it hit lift, smoked them up, banged it into second and i was still spinning around 80 k's and the best part, I couldnt even hear the old dinosaur growl, he sounded puny compared to my screamer, and the looser try to cut me off once i slowed down.........he was very very ****** :lol:. My mate next to me couldnt believe it either. Wait till your box loosens up BlackRolla, it will engage soo much easier. You just gotta love the chirp from 1st to 2nd :rolleyes: followed by a faint smell of burnt rubber.

I am really starting to dislike you Lucio! <_<

Now that someone is regularely doing it every time I can't use the excuse "It's the gearbox"

I am now trying my butt off to improve my changes. Practicing a lot coming and going from work. I think I have improved by about 100rpm, falling mostly between 5900 & 6000 where last week it was 5800 & 5900 :(

I guess I better practice some more on my way home tonight!!!

My findings....

The clutch needs to go in and out smoothly.. Not just smash in and step off... Being to aggressive wid the clutch can have adverse effects on the shift..

The slight throttle depress on changing !!! Hell Yeah that works great.. Only needs a smidge...

Dont flat change the stick, rather pull or push it through gates smoothly with a lil bit of pace..

Its all about mastering the timing.... :blink:

My oldest brother has a stock 2001 Vtec prelude. I think it was either 141kw or 147kw at the flywheel.

A work colleague has the non vtec prelude & the stivo absolutely canes him everytime :D

147kw

i would have bough it but the celica handles better and looked newer, but less power <_<

I am really starting to dislike you Lucio! <_<

Now that someone is regularely doing it every time I can't use the excuse "It's the gearbox"

I am now trying my butt off to improve my changes. Practicing a lot coming and going from work. I think I have improved by about 100rpm, falling mostly between 5900 & 6000 where last week it was 5800 & 5900 :(

I guess I better practice some more on my way home tonight!!!

Hey c'mon mate dont be like that :P . I get it to land on 6100, and i havent like practiced it or anytyhing, it just started to happend since my car sort of got over 5000k's on board. I tried my ***** off before doing exactly the same as i am doing now but to no effect. Mind you, you get better at changing and learn the car better after a while. It's a confidence thing.

My car has almost got 5000K's on the clock but I haven't been trying very much. Once in a while I'll let it rip, but everytime I can't get it to land in lift or into gear, I get very ****** off coz i hear u guys can do it. I just give up someitmes coz I'm scared to f@#$ up my engine or gear box.

But I'm gonna keep trying until I get it!!!! Hope I don't kill it...hehehe

:( i remember that with 4wd's and some other cars...that it's recommended that we DON"T go over 90km or 100km/hr during the first 1,000km?

does this apply to the sportivo?

i've already done 150km/hr in it....have i done any damamge? :(

• 6 years later...

I haven't actually landed in lift from 1st to second coz I find that it is hard to change from 1 - 2 at high revs. It just won't get into to 2nd!!!!

haha yea same to me in my sptivo, have the exact problem an its really anoyin

The sure fire way to land in lift 1-2 is too just leave your foot slightly on the gas throughout the change this gives the car some more revs when the clutch engages so it lands higher in 2nd about 6100. Its a little brutal but works every time for me.

done it many times... as said you gotta leave ur foot on the gas and change super quick... ive actually learnt while changing gears i can leave my foot on the gas and hold it at 8k and not hit the limiter, :rolleyes:

ive got a vid ( not lift from 1-2 ) but 2-3 and 3-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9XuvhzxUdY

stock clutch.. when licence has returned ill try get a vid from 1-2 for ya lol

and just relised this is a 2004 thread, OMG what are you thinking posting on such an OLD thread :help: :help: :help: :help:

Edited by 123R-Prozak

Put it this way, the car doesent feel like it's loosing momentum, so youre in lift for basically 4400 rpm. Dont know about times but ive had her for just over 5000 k's and when i landed in lift i was like S**T, and it took me by surprise coz i kinda got used to the lift. I managed to land again today so either im getting better at shifting or the gearbox/clutch are wearing in better. I think it's the latter coz this time it landed on 6,300. The vids daniel posted on the old forum, he was landing on 6500 and i timed his run and it was around 7 secs flat to 100kph. Dont worry about the 8.4 toyota claim , thats Bull***t. Launching it at that speed should technically wipe off around 1.5 secs off the q/m time as well. One day we will see without a doubt a sportivo in the low 14's.

My freind ran a 14.1 o.0 but with cai and exhaust system.

Sorry for double posting but it just takes its practice and you have to change at the right RPM at the right time 95% of the time i land it in lift, but i did always try it and i kept trying till i can master it. A freind of mine has a type r i often race him, if i dont land in lift where a head to head kind of thing or he wil even beat me depending on his changing but if i land it in lift ive always got a car on him so there is a big diffrence.

edit: Also a previous freind owned a sportivo which made me want to buy mine and he had a quickshift not sure what type tho i think it was a TRD one, And he would land in lift no problem any tme.

Edited by RedSportivo