Rav4 Towbar

kavo

Ive just taken delivery of my New 2009 CV Rav, just wondering if anyone in Perth has had a Towbar Fitted and what was the best price, ive been quoted is $668 supplied & fitted, for a Non genuine, or $470 for the Genuine Toyota Towbar & Wiring Harness, (i Know someone at Toyota and they tell me this is a good price) i Just have to find someone to Install, Current Quotes on Instalation Only are between $180-$220.

Is this a good price or has someone had it done Cheaper.

Thanks

Ive just taken delivery of my New 2009 CV Rav, just wondering if anyone in Perth has had a Towbar Fitted and what was the best price, ive been quoted is $668 supplied & fitted, for a Non genuine, or $470 for the Genuine Toyota Towbar & Wiring Harness, (i Know someone at Toyota and they tell me this is a good price) i Just have to find someone to Install, Current Quotes on Instalation Only are between $180-$220.

Is this a good price or has someone had it done Cheaper.

Thanks

I've also taken delivery of a new Rav4, so at which dealer did you get the price from. I'm wanting to get one as well and I dont mind fitting it myself. Have you made a decision yet?

Hi, The price for the Genuine Toyota Bar & Harness i got was from a freind whos freinds with one of the District/divisional manages of Toyota, Ive also been supplied with the Installation instructions for the Wiring Harness, And it lokks way to Hard and time consuming for me to attempt it.

The best price i have been able to get at the Moment is $588 inc the Wiring Harness, for a 1500kg Haman Reese towbar.

If you like i can see if they can do better on the Price if we get both cars done with them..Maybe worth a shot.

Cheers....

Hi, The price for the Genuine Toyota Bar & Harness i got was from a freind whos freinds with one of the District/divisional manages of Toyota, Ive also been supplied with the Installation instructions for the Wiring Harness, And it lokks way to Hard and time consuming for me to attempt it.

The best price i have been able to get at the Moment is $588 inc the Wiring Harness, for a 1500kg Haman Reese towbar.

If you like i can see if they can do better on the Price if we get both cars done with them..Maybe worth a shot.

Cheers....

I don't mind seeing what we can do with purchasing 2, however you need to check if the price you have is for the V6 as normally that's a 1900kg one.

Regards

Cheers....

I don't mind seeing what we can do with purchasing 2, however you need to check if the price you have is for the V6 as normally that's a 1900kg one.

Regards

They have 3 Different Towbars to suit, 1 being the standard towbar with Tounge 1200kg rated for $518.00. The Heavy Duty 1500kg with removable hitch (which was the one i required and got the Quote of $588 for). or the Extra Heavy Duty 1900kg rated with removable hitch which costs $705.

Either of these Towbars are suitable for the 2006 - 2009 V6 or the 4 cyl Rav's.

They are willing to offer 5% discount if 2 vehicles are done.

Im going to try and get mine done before Christmas, as i what to take the Boat out during Holidays.

Cheers

Thats sounds good, I'm happy with the same one your getting, 1500Kg. How shall we go about it

Regards

Hi, Ive got mine booked in next Tuesday 20th.

If you would like to contact me at

colworthy@yahoo.com.au

i will pass on all the details, either leave me your phone number and i will call you, or i can email them to you.

I will be out of town and not have access to email after today, untill Friday.

Thanks Colin....

• 1 month later...
I have no issues cutting in to the wiring but could someone direct me to where exactly i can tap into these wires?

I see no reason to head all the way to the ECU up front??

The reason being is that the third generation Rav's run led tail lights which cannot take the kind of current drawn by conventional trailer lights, hence a harness with a "trailer control module" is required to intercept a harness at the front of the cabin

In regards to the factory toyota hitch - it's definitely a 2 man job and about half a days worth of work

there are reinforcement brackets that get bolted in a multi-tude of places allowing the car to tow 1900kg worth

(the box is ridiculously heavy - make sure you have someone to help you get this in and out of the car if you decide to purchase it, i can't remember how i managed to get it out by myself)

The instructions should be easy enough to follow, the hard part is cutting your bumper to allow the hitch receptacle to protrude - I did this with a dremel which made this much easier - (it's just something that feels weird to do)

If you do decide to DIY make sure you have all the required tools, including a torque wrench

Price wise it was actually pretty decent - i think all up it was roughly around 600 inc harness and ball about a yr ago

I have no issues cutting in to the wiring but could someone direct me to where exactly i can tap into these wires?

I see no reason to head all the way to the ECU up front??

The reason being is that the third generation Rav's run led tail lights which cannot take the kind of current drawn by conventional trailer lights, hence a harness with a "trailer control module" is required to intercept a harness at the front of the cabin

In regards to the factory toyota hitch - it's definitely a 2 man job and about half a days worth of work

there are reinforcement brackets that get bolted in a multi-tude of places allowing the car to tow 1900kg worth

(the box is ridiculously heavy - make sure you have someone to help you get this in and out of the car if you decide to purchase it, i can't remember how i managed to get it out by myself)

The instructions should be easy enough to follow, the hard part is cutting your bumper to allow the hitch receptacle to protrude - I did this with a dremel which made this much easier - (it's just something that feels weird to do)

If you do decide to DIY make sure you have all the required tools, including a torque wrench

Price wise it was actually pretty decent - i think all up it was roughly around 600 inc harness and ball about a yr ago

when cutting the bumper don't cut the two outer cuts it's not necessary (for the brackets) other wise its a easy job

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cheers....

Regards

They have 3 Different Towbars to suit, 1 being the standard towbar with Tounge 1200kg rated for $518.00. The Heavy Duty 1500kg with removable hitch (which was the one i required and got the Quote of $588 for). or the Extra Heavy Duty 1900kg rated with removable hitch which costs $705.

Either of these Towbars are suitable for the 2006 - 2009 V6 or the 4 cyl Rav's.

They are willing to offer 5% discount if 2 vehicles are done.

Im going to try and get mine done before Christmas, as i what to take the Boat out during Holidays.

Cheers

hi i got the H/R 1500kg for $575 fully fitted they come to your works or home City towbars brisbane good value seeing as they come to you just ring and book a day and time tell

Edited by tell