C-One 4-way adjustable FULL struts for my sportivo advice

taragasaurus

C-ONE translated page link

im getting very close to ordering a set of these front and rear struts for the ZZE123/runx/sportivo. they are a 4 way adjustable shock and are the full strut.

the shocks adjust via a dial on the top of the strut, at the rear you would need to cut the trimming to access to top. I was originally looking to go the Koni Gold but after some reasearch have found that the fronts are an insert and I want to keep my stock set up in tact for the time I may want to revert back to stock.

I am going to install them with whiteline control springs 30mm drop.

has anyone had any experience with these? If i get them they will cost approx A$1350 including shipping from japan.

so far its the ONLY adjustable shock i can find that will fit my car, that includes the FULL strut front and rear, and that isn't a coil over set up.

Mate, if the only thing stopping you from buying Koni's is the fact that you need to modify the front strut slightly, why not see if you can pick up a spare set of front struts from a wrecker or on here? I have seen them go for next to nothing. In fact, I threw a set of stock rears in my wheelie bin last week . . . .

They are a perfect match for the Whiteline springs too. I actually contacted Whiteline to see if they did a shock to match their springs, I was told they just recommend Koni's to go with them.

JC

You'd be able to pick up the stock front shocks at a wrecker for next to nothing, $50-100 at a guess. I thought the Koni's were rebuildable.

At $1350 shipped thats Zero 1 or Tein money, even though they are coilovers they still come with springs.

Its no big deal to be honest cutting the strut housing, I just did mine :D

I still haven't driven my car yet, but as it currently stands with the 'bounce' test, its more comfortable then the coilovers. Have yet to see how it performs.

interesting,, i'm currently looking for adjustable shocks also... and like you i'm not really keen on coilovers.

are these rebuildable?

I haven't enqired or looked into if the C-one shocks are rebuildable. the car is 98% road use, and i dont want a firm ride, just a handling improvement on stock with a 30mm drop. IF i do decide to take the car on the track then the adjustable shocks will give me a chance to stiffen it up.

dont want coil overs, dont need adjustable height and would prefer a more comfotable road ride than a harder coil over with height adjust setting.

and im swaying towards paying a bit more for these and not having to modify anything

Look into these... http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/super_wagon.html

The spring rate on these is 3kg, so they are comfortable for street.

On there softest damping setting they are only slightly firmer that the whiteline control springs with stock shocks. I use to run whiteline on stock shocks and the handling although better than stock, the rear would hop when ever I hit a bump mid corner. With the teins, going over the same bump mid corner, the rear stays planted to the road.

Whiteline springs are a bit on the softer side say compared to the kings. If you don't want the back to bounce around then switch to kings lows and put super lows in the rear. The slightly heavier spring rate controls it very nice and the car will set nice and level.

Hi JC!!! Do some work!!

first mod i would do if i were you would be rear sway.............i have king lows and stock shocks..........nice felt better nothing special at all...........last weekend i put in whitleline rear sway and front strut.............rear sway is by far like they actually state best dollar for dollar mod you can buy suspension wise..........handles so precise and tight now.....can take corners so fast and not feel unbalanced at all........no body roll now all roll transferred to front tyres forcing grip, might wear tyres out a little quicker but thats the price you pay for nice handling.........

Cost of my whole suspension setup which is basic as compared to some on here, though im happy with it and it works for me (stock shocks last ages on 30mm drop ....go 50mm and you need to start a savings fund for new shocks)

stock shocks = $0

King lows incl install cost= $350

Whiteline Rear Sway 22mm = $130 (bursons)

Whiteline Front Strut - adjustable for perfect fit on individual vehicles = $130 (bursons)

feeling - priceless for $610

Blind kid seeks has the exact same setup although he has KYB shocks...didnt seem to be that much difference in handling while i chased him through mount dandenong, times when he was behind me said my car had no body roll and sat level through tight fast corners (sway bars effects)

Edited by jaderd

Whiteline springs are a bit on the softer side say compared to the kings. If you don't want the back to bounce around then switch to kings lows and put super lows in the rear. The slightly heavier spring rate controls it very nice and the car will set nice and level.

Hi JC!!! Do some work!!

true.....although car will only sit nice and level in this setup if you have the certain struts..........due to the seating point of the springs........if you were to have stock shocks or different brands the spring seating points are at diff heights and can make the car not sit level....pretty certain if you went superlow rear and low fornt on stock shocks car would drag its **** along.......check with silvabullit i think he has a fair bit of R&D in this department ....maybe see which shocks have which seating points therefore know which will sit level with this setup.

cheers

I have lows all around, and the rear sits about 15-20mm higher at the back. Your car would be nice and level if you have superlows at that back.

I'm just concerned that with superlows on the rears and a full car of people that the rear wheels may scrub, although other people have reported that it is fine. Maybe its cause the rear are progressive spring rates which means that it won't scrub, unless you hit a large bump.

What other suspension mods have you also done??

sorry for the late reply guys, have been overseas over the weekend. Ive got whiteline rear sway bar, and whiteline front strut brace.

i might look at bit more into the tein super wagon if they get good feedback. CANT lower the car any more than 30mm front OR rear (insurance, and no need), so if the tein are height adjust i might even run a 25mm front and 30mm rear drop to level the car a tad bit more.

im also about to pick up a set of DBA 4000 slotted rotors and FERODO DS2500 pads to fit.

so with the C-one shocks and whiteline springs, the car may "hop" around on bumps in the corner more than the tein super wagon?.........is this due to the spring rate instead of the shock type?

I have lows all around, and the rear sits about 15-20mm higher at the back. Your car would be nice and level if you have superlows at that back.

I'm just concerned that with superlows on the rears and a full car of people that the rear wheels may scrub, although other people have reported that it is fine. Maybe its cause the rear are progressive spring rates which means that it won't scrub, unless you hit a large bump.

I was just reading your other thread, maybe i should look at some Koni FSD's as well if you rate them high. i suppose some cutting and drilling wont be to hard, did you install them yourself or take any photos of the install?

if i got the Koni FSD's id be looking at the whiteline control springs again because whiteline told me they are a 30mm instead of the King lows which are 35mm.

Hi JC!!! Do some work!!

true.....although car will only sit nice and level in this setup if you have the certain struts..........due to the seating point of the springs........if you were to have stock shocks or different brands the spring seating points are at diff heights and can make the car not sit level....pretty certain if you went superlow rear and low fornt on stock shocks car would drag its **** along.......check with silvabullit i think he has a fair bit of R&D in this department ....maybe see which shocks have which seating points therefore know which will sit level with this setup.

cheers

I run the Kings Super Low rear and the Lows in the front... with the KYB excel Gas Strust... and i am VERY happy with the ride!

I say if you are using the car 98% street... then why bother adjusting them. The KYB Struts are identical to the TRD struts. twin Gas Tube.

Get youself a rear sway bar, you wont look back.

i paid $800 for my Springs and Struts + another $130 for the rear sway at Bursons.. mate you're laughing. Great handling and the car looks mint. thats my white stivo up front.

P1010821.jpg