So its new tyre time ......

xoom

thats the things thats a bit confusing now with toyo

so the r1-r pattern 2 b honest looks far more performance tuned than the t1-r ..... that being said the price of the r1-r is also more ... not by much but they are more expensive ...... so given the price positioning and what the appearance presents it seems like its a superior tyre but yeah dunno

thats the things thats a bit confusing now with toyo

so the r1-r pattern 2 b honest looks far more performance tuned than the t1-r ..... that being said the price of the r1-r is also more ... not by much but they are more expensive ...... so given the price positioning and what the appearance presents it seems like its a superior tyre but yeah dunno

decisions decisions :unsure::unsure:

Bill, what about the Federal 595 (the track version), or the Eagle F1 asymmetric (I think those are the ones that keep winning the tyre comparisons).

Eagle F1 asymmetric = they dont make a rolla friendly size

Federal 595's are an option ...... Comparing to the R1R's though their UTQG rating is 180 vs toyo's 140 ......

Just booked mine in to have the Bridgestone Adrenalins fitted on Saturday, 215/40/17 and an alignment for a tick under $1050. Will let you know how they go, but somehow I dunno if traction comparisons with my car are going to help you Billy Boy. :rolleyes:

Edited by -JC-

I got new super-grippy BFG G-Force TA KDs

img0020qd2.jpg

From Tirerack, dirt cheap at only $195 per tyre (including shipping costs from the US)

Check out Tirerack guys - Bridgestone RE-01Rs for approx 165USD per 17" tire when they're sold here at 500AUD - and the RE-01Rs kill the RE-001s in grip.

I got new super-grippy BFG G-Force TA KDs

img0020qd2.jpg

From Tirerack, dirt cheap at only $195 per tyre (including shipping costs from the US)

Check out Tirerack guys - Bridgestone RE-01Rs for approx 165USD per 17" tire when they're sold here at 500AUD - and the RE-01Rs kill the RE-001s in grip.

any customs issues.. and how long was the ETA ??

any customs issues.. and how long was the ETA ??

No customs issues because it was under 1000AUD - I think if you go over all the taxes like GST come into play.

Shipping is 250USD to eastern Australia.

ETA - 1 week from payment to them arriving at my door. Brilliant service from both Tirerack and Fedex who did the delivery

Edited by Wink

ahh nice work.. i'll look into doing the same..

you mind taking photos of its specs on the tyre.. ie its load rating, date of manufacture etc

cheers

I'm in the market for some tyres soon aswell. these are just my second set of tyres since i bought the car. first was was obviously stock Turanzas which lasted 50,000km. The second set which i'm running now are Nankangs and have only last 25,000km.

I've never been performance oriented as i don't track the car but i think this time i might go for something a little more upmarket. I've got 17x7 rims so not sure what to get.

Bill, who cares about the grip, tread pattern or wear rate. Just make sure the tyre has a speed rating of over 300kph :spiteful: :spiteful:

lol,, yea true ture..

how about the toyo TPG's or the Pirelli P - ZERO's,,, these are ment to be good tyres also..

Ok, I had a set of the Bridgestone Adrenalins fitted on the weekend, and promptly gave them a good workout over the weekend. Im very very impressed at this point, these things stick like ****** to a blanket . . . . . no idea on wear just yet, but happy with my purchase so far.