TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

Count me in for dinner on Saturday night :) Same here re. the final itinery, I'll be driving down from Bendigo on the Friday night to stay at my aunt's in Airport West, so I need to find a car wash for the morning - I'm assuming there's gotta be one in Essendon/Keilor. Then I need to work out how to get to St Kilda, but that's what my new GPS is for hahahah So I'm glad the meet's not until 11, I'll need all the time to clean bloody bugs off the front end from a night time drive down!!

Oh and I'm not sure if I had mentioned it already or not but please count me in for the cruise on Sunday as well ;) I haven't checked the front page again, but is the venue for the Show & Shine etc confirmed?

Edit: Hey I just checked the cruise route for Sunday again, is there any chance I could meet up with the group near Airport West?? Just noticed the cruise is going straight past there - it saves me going all the way into the city and then back out again as I'll be staying there with relatives. There'd have to be like a servo or something I could find you all at so there'd be no real stopping.

Edited by Tash

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Count me in for dinner on Saturday night :) Same here re. the final itinery, I'll be driving down from Bendigo on the Friday night to stay at my aunt's in Airport West, so I need to find a car wash for the morning - I'm assuming there's gotta be one in Essendon/Keilor. Then I need to work out how to get to St Kilda, but that's what my new GPS is for hahahah So I'm glad the meet's not until 11, I'll need all the time to clean bloody bugs off the front end from a night time drive down!!

Oh and I'm not sure if I had mentioned it already or not but please count me in for the cruise on Sunday as well ;) I haven't checked the front page again, but is the venue for the Show & Shine etc confirmed?

Edit: Hey I just checked the cruise route for Sunday again, is there any chance I could meet up with the group near Airport West?? Just noticed the cruise is going straight past there - it saves me going all the way into the city and then back out again as I'll be staying there with relatives. There'd have to be like a servo or something I could find you all at so there'd be no real stopping.

the route for the cruise is yet to be confirmed.

we'd obviously like everyone to meet at the same place so we can all get the Maps, and information at the same time.

But if there's absolutley no way you can make it to the meet point, i'd suggest you keep an eye out for us on the route....

the route for the cruise is yet to be confirmed.

we'd obviously like everyone to meet at the same place so we can all get the Maps, and information at the same time.

But if there's absolutley no way you can make it to the meet point, i'd suggest you keep an eye out for us on the route....

No worries, there was no harm in asking :) Fine by me to go in and meet up with everyone, just means I'll have to pay for the toll up the Tulla! (I'm sure it won't break the bank hahahah) I'm still looking for a suitable UHF handheld to bring along with me, has anyone got any suggestions for a particular brand/model? Well here's hoping the rain stays away for the show & shine portion, and then it can rain all it likes!!!

Can I ask what TMCA stands for? There's no street view it seems on Bertie St to get a closer look.

tash, it doesnt really matter what brand.....but the best ones would be the ones which have a base to re-charge it........i've seen plenty of battery operated ones die in the middle of a cruise then those people get lost....unless u wanna carry a spare set of batteries in the car for emergency. or get some more expensive kind of batteries instead of cheapo ones that die within an hour of use.

geeze im so excited only a few weeks to go!!!

andy: any news on being able to just book a table of 20 or so at the garage? their dishes sound yummo!! would love to eat there!! i don't even care if the rental has to stay outside :D

Tash - get a CB with at least 1W (1 watt) transmitting power. You can't even hear people using the tiny little 0.5W things unless they're sitting right next to you. My mate bought the small ones, we tried to use them once on a cruise and they were terrible, haven't seen them since.

the latest list :

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

6. Mopp (as if I would miss it)

7. lateralus (about 93% sure)

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

10. akuma (pm for taxi service from airport)

11. Ravvvie:)

12. osodvs

13. m_luke - it's been too long... (Nice choice for the cruise route)

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

3. Silvabullit (not 100% but about 80%)

4. Evo7

5. SuperDave

6. whitestivo

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

Ahh fantastic, that will look pretty good then :) Thanks heaps for the suggestions re. the CB's, I better get my skates on and start looking in places like Autobarn & D*ck Smith to see what's around.

Edited by Tash

Ahh fantastic, that will look pretty good then :) Thanks heaps for the suggestions re. the CB's, I better get my skates on and start looking in places like Autobarn & D*ck Smith to see what's around.

The smarter way would be to have a look online and see if there are catalogues for these places, esp at D*ck Smith, JB HiFi and the like and see if they are on sale.

-m_luke

The smarter way would be to have a look online and see if there are catalogues for these places, esp at D*ck Smith, JB HiFi and the like and see if they are on sale.

-m_luke

Haha yeah well that's the first part - although have you ever been to Bendigo? The options are limited pretty much to Autobarn, D*ck Smith, SuperCheap Auto & Harvey Norman.. or anywhere online. I did look at Jaycar but they looked a bit cheap/dodgy. I am hoping JB HiFi will be here one of these days, we desperately need one! Ebay is probably my next port of call lol

Judging by how cold it's been lately it'll no doubt be pretty cool for the meet, so make sure you inter-staters bring some warm clothes!!!

are we talking cold like snow gear?? hehehe

or cold just like wool lined jackets?

early june starts gettin real cold (snow cold)so bring ya thermals & jackets :D

yeah cold today in melb....all cars on street covered in thin layer of ice and outside temp readout on car showed from 0 - 3 degrees for the whole 20km trip i did to work this morning.

Oh boy... lucky my car warms up quick and has a good heater. I don't mind cool weather, but seems like it's going to be freezing when I get there.

Theres a chance some of the roads we may want to cruise on may be closed at the last minute due to either Black ice, or snow.

Mt Donna Buang has a reputation for freezing up.

there are plenty more options for a cruise if this is the case... i know Guan is ITCHING to go to Korumburra again.... we can go the long way mate ;)

Cruise route 2.

theres a great pub here that do a mad shnitzel too.

whaddya reckon melbournians... those who have done BOTH sections of this road will appreciate.

Oh boy... lucky my car warms up quick and has a good heater. I don't mind cool weather, but seems like it's going to be freezing when I get there.

there is a pay off to the cold weather,cars love the crispy cold air,i know mine runs better in cooler months down here. :D

there is a pay off to the cold weather,cars love the crispy cold air,i know mine runs better in cooler months down here. :D

I am definitely feeling the weather this morning, i dont know how im gonna go when i come down :P

so used to nice fresh warm weather... im gonna turn into an icicle down there lol :P

i cant WAIT!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Evo

I'm from queensland, i haven't purchased any cold gear in two years.

I think from memory I have a bonds singlet somewhere for when it's really cold

whitestivo

i'll loan you a blanket for your knees mate. ;)

yeah for sure andy....looking forward to the cruise.....curse the black ice i dont want that at all lol