TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

Top Gear Mags arrived today guys... your gift bags are getting stocked!

Any Bertie beetles in the bag? :D

bertie beetles have lost their charm! not as many crunchie bits now

hopefully the weather will hold up for saturday. looks like there wont be much rain, but just enough to make your exterior filthy..concentrate on the interior boys! but my autoglym HD wax arrived today from england.....*raises pinky to mouth*

Edited by lateralus

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi boys and girls!!!!

looks like the week has finally come!!!! yes we are here!! yay :toast: only 4 more days till go till we will all be in melbourne for our annual national meet !!!

well we all know out accommodations are all sorted!!! thats one thing down!! and 1 more little thing we need to arrange now.....transport. i know not everyone coming down has a rental car like us and not all people will have their own cars.

here is the list of out of staters......could you all please edit next to your name what suburb you will be staying in and if you have a car or no car

NSW.

1. JVN11L

2.M_M- brighton beach - car

3.Tats- brighton beach - car

4.Big Pete - brighton beach - car

QLD

1. mick.wheelz

2. DJKOR

3. Silvabullit - Elwood beach

4. Evo7

5. SuperDave - Elwood Beach

6. whitestivo - Elwood beach

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

this will help us figure out who needs rides etc....and to the mebournites.....are there any people out there that might be able to pick up any of the out of staters for any of the events??? it would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

BKS you right to pick me and superdave up from the airport friday night 9:20pm?? SD arrives 20 mins laterish. BKs you want to pick me up for saturday show and shine? that way we can sort some stuff out re show if you wish.

Jared front seat available?? I'll take it. I unfortunately find it very hard to sit in the rear of cars with my crappy back and dud knee for any length of time net alone a whole dayish.

Still Fine mate! Will see you guys there... you have my Mobile number right?

Just buzz me when you've got your bag... and i'll tel you where to walk so i can collect you

Re Saturday... thats a good idea... we can get to the space early and you can let me know what you think is best.

:)

Loving this... cant wait guys... should be a great weekend!!!! Bring your cameras!!!!

...but my autoglym HD wax arrived today from england.....*raises pinky to mouth*

Shouldn't have said anything about your secret weapon. Should have been like "I just gave it a wash and this is how it comes up".

Gonna be cleaning my car Friday night! No rain PLEASE!

LOL. I'll have to manage to get myself up out of bed on Saturday morning to detail my car in the carpark.

Where are detailing your car Daryl?

Well I plan to firstly get it absolutely spotless here in Brisbane over the next two days. Tomorrow I will clean the interior, Wednesday will be the exterior (two layers of wax, plus engine bay cleaning), Thursday will be sleep. Then when I get to Melbourne on Friday, I will wash it at some self-serve carwash before parking it in the secure carpark that the hotel has the parking offer with. Hopefully it wouldn't have picked up TOO much dirt/bugs along the way. Mick and I will then get some decent sleep. We will get up, have some dinner, go get wasted, etc etc, then I will have to get up on Saturday morning and just do a once over on the car with some quick detailer and maybe another layer of wax.

It won't be the best finish it can be, but it will be close enough.

SB

Im guessing you meant Jaderd ? as in me...yeah my front seat is still currently free definently for the cruise on sunday....last thing GF wants to do is sit in the car all day while we talk about cars and stuff on the CB radios lol......

I'll come to the show and shine on Saturday. Finish work @ 12 so i'll pop down after.

Also for the interstaters; bring ALOT of worm clothing, it can get freakn cold at night!

Excellent!11 looking forward to haveing a massive drool over your car mate.

I AM SO GUTTED RIGHT NOW.....

I just got a call from the smash repairers today saying the car won't be ready by this weekend. :(

(For those who don't know, the moral of the story is... "NEVER....EVER LET YOUR PARENTS DRIVE YOUR AURION!") :(:(:(:(:(

Smashed the front passenger side of the bumper bar and it all just snapped, so yeah... New bumper and foglight plz. :(

Oh man, I'd be so wrecked to hear that news. Out of all the times it could have happened, it had to be for the cruise weekend.

i am sure he will be able to ride shotgun with someone :D

no need to miss you... but thats not good what happened :(

Evo

I'm also passenger-less for the Sunday cruise (although I have a feeling Mish wanted at least one turn :P). Silvabullet has first dibs seeing as he did an absolutely smashing job with the organisation of last year's meet :D SuperDave is welcome if he promises not to spread ranga germs.....

if the rental company dont give me the toyota i demanded today then i will ride shotgun with anyone who has lift!!! geeze i miss it!! hehehhee

Well, if it IS ready by the cruise (they say Saturday now hmmm)... I'll do the cruise, but the meet... I might have to just park my loaner ford festiva up the street and walk in to meet you all.

Was supposed to have a friend ride with me on the Sunday, hopefully it IS ready and i'll just do that part.

Edited by Tofuboi

Damn, what a shame about the Aurion - no more lending it to your parents!!! From the display piccy is it gold in colour?? If so and if it makes it I'd love to do a quick photo shoot together; Gold Cam & a Gold Aurion :D

I've got no passengers either if anyone still needs. Can't wait until Saturday!

Damn, what a shame about the Aurion - no more lending it to your parents!!! From the display piccy is it gold in colour?? If so and if it makes it I'd love to do a quick photo shoot together; Gold Cam & a Gold Aurion :D

If it's ready by Saturday and I make the meet (wont be till after 2pm for me as im working then anyway :( ) ill definately do some photos with the cars together :)

If it's ready by Saturday and I make the meet (wont be till after 2pm for me as im working then anyway :( ) ill definately do some photos with the cars together :)

good luck man,really hopes it's ready in time.to try and help i will pray to those almighty smash & repair gods on your behalf tonight before bed. ;)