Suspension differences ...

Buddha

I've read a few different news reports on the Sportivo, and they all mention that the suspension is firmer and sportier than a regular Corolla, but they don't mention any specifics.

What I'm wanting to know is, what exactly are the differences between the Sportivo and The Rest, like ride height, for example?

Cheers.

I've read a few different news reports on the Sportivo, and they all mention that the suspension is firmer and sportier than a regular Corolla, but they don't mention any specifics.

What I'm wanting to know is, what exactly are the differences between the Sportivo and The Rest, like ride height, for example?

Cheers.

umm i think the sportivo suspension is the same one u can buy off toyota's genuine sportivo parts. all i know is, that it drops the rolla by 1 or 1.5cm.

Difference in suspension is the height! I reckon the Stivo sits some 10 -20mm higher than a base model. That was roughly measuring guard to tyre height on an Ascent and a stock Stivo. Check Danthuyer's car out for the "HILUX" stance :P :P

To my knowledge - Sportivo uses identical springs to the rest of the range, however, it uses stiffer dampers and bushes.

Um....but in my opinion, the sportivo springs are different to the rest of the range... :o

Quoted from Toyota Geneiue Asseccesories page:

"Sportivo Sports Spring Kit

Developed by Toyota, these Sports Springs deliver an even firmer and sportier level of handling for sports motivated drivers. They also lower the vehicle for a racier appearance."

Follow the link to see the pic:

http://corolla.toyota.com.au/largeimage/?articleId=6898

Go to this web site for more details: :lol:

http://corolla.toyota.com.au/Corolla04/Por...298-185,00.html

No, those are the optional "Sportivo" springs from the "Sportivo" accessory range as fitted to my car.  I'm referring to the springs fitted to the standard Corolla Sportivo

I think the Stivo itself has those "Sportivo accessory" Fitted already....you can go to this cataloge to have a look.....

http://corolla.toyota.com.au/TWP/Upload/Media/303.pdf

in the cataloge, the "Tick" means avaiable for that model....

as from the table....those accessories that dun have a "tick" for the Stivo are actually the accessories that the Stivo ALREADY have them fitted in standard.

For example, the 6 disk CD player....under the Sportivo...there was no tick.....but a symbol '--', another example is, the rear parking sensor, the Sportivo this time have a tick as the parking sensor was not standard option for Sportivo.

Thanks all for your opinions on this ... I think I might rephrase the query so you have a better idea about what I'm on about.

I would like to lower the wagon to improve both looks and handling, but as it is also serving as the family runabout, it can't be dramatically lower to allow for driveways, speed humps, etc. Some of the speed humps they're installing in Qld at the moment are getting seriously H-U-G-E!

I'm thinking, rather than the potential expense of genuine Toyota in this case, of maybe looking to Pedders or Kings for some suitable replacements, so I wanted to see how low the Sportivo is to get an idea of Toyota's lower limits as a guide.

I thought maybe an inch lower, but then I thought the Sportivo was an inch lower than standard but it doesn't seem that will be enough for me.

Any ideas? Opinions?? Gross generalisations??? :D

I think the Stivo itself has those "Sportivo accessory" Fitted already....you can go to this cataloge to have a look.....

as from the table....those accessories that dun have a "tick" for the Stivo are actually the accessories that the Stivo ALREADY have them fitted in standard.

For example, the 6 disk CD player....under the Sportivo...there was no tick.....but a symbol '--', another example is, the rear parking sensor, the Sportivo this time have a tick as the parking sensor was not standard option for Sportivo.

Sorry, they're definetely different springs, if you compare the ride height of my car as well and the suspension stiffness to that of the Sportivo and you'll see the difference. If they were the same, my car would look like a monster truck :rolleyes:

Sorry, they're definetely different springs, if you compare the ride height of my car as well and the suspension stiffness to that of the Sportivo and you'll see the difference. If they were the same, my car would look like a monster truck :rolleyes:

Same goes with Kcorro's car... put my stock levin next to his sedan with sportivo springs... mine's a 4x4! :P

Thanks all for your opinions on this ... I think I might rephrase the query so you have a better idea about what I'm on about.

I would like to lower the wagon to improve both looks and handling, but as it is also serving as the family runabout, it can't be dramatically lower to allow for driveways, speed humps, etc.  Some of the speed humps they're installing in Qld at the moment are getting seriously H-U-G-E!

I'm thinking, rather than the potential expense of genuine Toyota in this case, of maybe looking to Pedders or Kings for some suitable replacements, so I wanted to see how low the Sportivo is to get an idea of Toyota's lower limits as a guide.

I thought maybe an inch lower, but then I thought the Sportivo was an inch lower than standard but it doesn't seem that will be enough for me.

Any ideas?  Opinions??  Gross generalisations???  :D

most of the guys here in QLD are running low Kings (35mm Drop) they are also mostly sportivos so the ground clearnace is abit less to give you some idea, my car with super low lovells (65mm drop) and a Sportivo with Low Kings (35mm drop) have about the same ground clearance, the other thing is that over time the stock shock absorbers will become very worn out, so thats just somthing to consider somthing like koni sports shocks will make a suitable replacement the adjustable ones start from around the $250-$300 per strut and the non adjustables are around the $200-$250 per strut.

Oh sorryIZZ-FE, I didn't realize you have got the Sportivo springs installed on your car already.. !~~ :blink: Sorry, man....I shouldn't have argued with you coz you yourself have already installed :P There is no doubt you know the product more than me... :lol:

I was just 50/50...I was not too sure neither...and I just said it to see if someone correct me....hahah :D

The easy way to find out would be to find the part numbers for various different Toyota springs, if they are different then, there you have your answer!!! As far as the ride height is concerned, remember the Stivo runs on stiffer skocks and dampers, so this will also have an effect.

From what i remember when Toyota advertised the Stivo they did mention "Sports Suspension" and in Wheels mags they also mentioned it had 30 or 40 percent stiffer "Celica style dampers" or something like that. The springs are from the Levin. Now does the Levin have lower or stiffer springs as compared to other Corollas?

Anyway aftermarket springs are still the way to go. If you want you can get the TRD setup on Bruce's website. Or another way is to get King's springs at stock height and i think they are stiffer. I have ridden in a Civic Vti-R with that and the ride is stiffer for sure but still looks tall.