Went to the drags!! =D

ELEGNT

Went to a test and tune last night at willowbank just to see how she would go. Motor magazine says they run a 14.9 but on the other hand wheels magazine says a time of 15.3 so i was really unsure what my outcome would be. i was hoping to get a 15 flat or a very high 14.

stalled up to about 1800rpm at the staging light and did a really good launch not 1 bit of wheel spin and ended up pullin a 14.4 B) :D

was absolutly stoked!!

reaction time was 0.742 (not good)

60ft was 2.271 seconds

and time was 14.430 @ 97.47 MPH (156.86 KM/H)

*thumbs up*!!

Edited by eSEXSIX

Good job mate. Yeah, I really want to take mine there for the fun of it, but I probably wouldn't launch it properly and mess up. It's pretty good when you consider that Ashley (SecaBoy) got 14.1 with a slightly weighed down TRD. It's amazing how a difference of milliseconds doesn't look like much, but is quite a bit on the strip though.

congrats man... you must be over the moon with that result... :D

i'm waiting on my 15,000km service, and by then, i should have "stage 2" and maybe "stage 3" completed on my car as well... so i should hopefully crack the 13 mark... :D

but yeah, congrats again!! not bad for a "family car" as most people call these cars... ;)

ive done mine at 14.5 but didnt turn off da traction control off n had a half tanki will try next time wen i get my license bak

Don't forget to take the spare tyre and jack (etc) out. Help shave the times down a bit and keep the weight bias toward the front... :toast:

Well done not only for the time but for doing it somewhere where it should be done.

Did you get that time by using Sportshift?

ive done mine at 14.5 but didnt turn off da traction control off n had a half tanki will try next time wen i get my license bak

How do you turn off traction control?

How do you turn off traction control?

With the search parameters of "traction control", you will find this thread:

Turning off TRC (Traction Control)

OK There is a trick too it. After much experimenting.

To TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL

The Procedure below MUST be completed quickly, less than 30 Secs from my testing.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

Good Luck & Drive Safely

Derek

With that said, Philip2156 has mentioned that this sequence has worked for him as well. I am yet to confirm that with another ZR6/Presara/TRD 3500SL owner, but I can say that it has not worked on my SX6.

With the search parameters of "traction control", you will find this thread:

Thanks DJKOR, one more question (off topic) how do you get the pictures of your car to show up under you replies/posts?

I just uploaded my photo to ImageShack, then used the image code in my signature:

[img=http://....]

You edit your signature by going to the "My Controls" link at the top of the page followed by "Edit Signature".

Cheers, very knowledgeable man

No worries. I wouldn't say knowledgeable, just first to answer. My signature photo needs an update. I will wash and wax my car tomorrow and do another photoshoot. Since my last one, my car has been de-badged, my exhaust tips were changed, and I put on a new front grill. I think I'm done on the exterior, so it's time for an update. Now I'm tossing up whether to use the same site as last time or find a new one. At least being in an industrial estate, there is no shortage of places to go. Just need the right lighting.

Cheers, very knowledgeable man

No worries. I wouldn't say knowledgeable, just first to answer. My signature photo needs an update. I will wash and wax my car tomorrow and do another photoshoot. Since my last one, my car has been de-badged, my exhaust tips were changed, and I put on a new front grill. I think I'm done on the exterior, so it's time for an update. Now I'm tossing up whether to use the same site as last time or find a new one. At least being in an industrial estate, there is no shortage of places to go. Just need the right lighting.

Can't wait to see it. I'm your biggest fan. You gotta get some mags tho mate. Still a sexy car never the less.

Can't wait to see it. I'm your biggest fan. You gotta get some mags tho mate. Still a sexy car never the less.

Thanks. Good to see that my help is appreciated. I don't really think my knowledge is that great, but if you say so. The latest photos are at the end of this thread. There is only a few there. I will load everything up later and post the link in that thread. In the meantime, I need some sleep. As for the mags; on a tight student budget right now. Once I finish my course and pull in the big dollars, then I will change my rims.

Thanks. Good to see that my help is appreciated. I don't really think my knowledge is that great, but if you say so. The latest photos are at the end of this thread. There is only a few there. I will load everything up later and post the link in that thread. In the meantime, I need some sleep. As for the mags; on a tight student budget right now. Once I finish my course and pull in the big dollars, then I will change my rims.

When are you going for the TRD blower? You know who you're coming to see when you're ready :)

When are you going for the TRD blower? You know who you're coming to see when you're ready :)

Death stares Soloman.

j/k. Anyways, I finish TAFE in December, after which I plan to work with my last employer until I get another job related to my study. My old employer pays REALLY good so I should have enough money to get my exhaust fixed up around February. I've got a big rework planned for that exhaust. At least the exhaust will be prepared for when I eventually s/c it.