LED and HID and Kangaroos

zr nate

I went 35w 6000k which seems to be the most popular and happy with.

For sydney sider I got mine local for $100 there on special ballast and globes made in japan as the label mentions.

VFX close to you mate caringbah.

I have also put 9 led for parker which just fitted virtual mean just fitted - wow it lights up

7 led for front roof interior light

7 led for number plates

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 led for number plates

Are you saying there are ones with 7 LEDs on them and they fit?

if so then, CRAAAAP I just bought ones with only 5 for the front interior and the doors.

heh i personally would use less bright LEDs on the number plates so no one ca see em. on me old car i even took out one of the rear globes :P

u dont want it that easy to read - just in u need to run from cops or people with road rage.

speaking of kangaroos i was on the way down to karri valley from perth on the weekend... got pings on the way down but did that stop me gunning it through the twisty roads... no... coming rounds a sweeping and blind left turn at about 100 i think this kangaroo jumps out of know where... as i was using all of the road (unmarked country road) there was room... so i instinctively swervedfrom the middle of the road to the left to avoid it and slammed it back to the middle in a split second. shocked the missus as she was the navigator telling me what turns were coming up... baby slept right thru the trip.

was quite impressed with the handling of the presara... i thought it would be boaty but it was a good balance between comfort and performance - handled the corners well.

7 led for number plates

Are you saying there are ones with 7 LEDs on them and they fit?

if so then, CRAAAAP I just bought ones with only 5 for the front interior and the doors.

7 led for number plates

AUR30N

Where did you get these from? The ones I got from ebay were too long to fit in the number plate position, so used them in the doors of my other car.

I will take some pics tonight.

Cheers

AUR30N

speaking of kangaroos i was on the way down to karri valley from perth on the weekend... got pings on the way down but did that stop me gunning it through the twisty roads... no... coming rounds a sweeping and blind left turn at about 100 i think this kangaroo jumps out of know where... as i was using all of the road (unmarked country road) there was room... so i instinctively swervedfrom the middle of the road to the left to avoid it and slammed it back to the middle in a split second. shocked the missus as she was the navigator telling me what turns were coming up... baby slept right thru the trip.

WOW great story!

WOW great story!

forgot to mention it was night time

next time I'll install roo whistle things before I drive down

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased 2 Blue 5SMD lights for the front doors and it looked like CRAP! So ive replace all doors with white and it looks 100% better! The festoon and map lights have white SMDs now as well.

I have to say this is the best performance mod you could do to an Aurion. At least another 15kw at the wheel!!!

Edited by Hidden Taco

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys I had ordered a pair of 68-LED SMD globes for the low beams..now i know you guys wont recommend LEDs for the low beams but I just received the pair today and gonna try it out tonight after work..if this works its going to save me a lot of time installing HIDs..i used to have HIDs for nearly 4 years but havent gone into buying them for the Aurion..will let you guys know how its gonna look like..if its good will take some pics too..i think with projection lens and SMDs are going to do a fair enough job :)

has anyone tried this before? :)

Hey guys I had ordered a pair of 68-LED SMD globes for the low beams..now i know you guys wont recommend LEDs for the low beams but I just received the pair today and gonna try it out tonight after work..if this works its going to save me a lot of time installing HIDs..i used to have HIDs for nearly 4 years but havent gone into buying them for the Aurion..will let you guys know how its gonna look like..if its good will take some pics too..i think with projection lens and SMDs are going to do a fair enough job :)

interested to see the result considering the oem led headlights use a totally different design ie multiple lens etc. and still are barely as bright as a halogen.

but someone is trying to make a pnp led bulb for d2s hid projectors and looks promising: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?32365-Working-on-LED-bulb-type-light-source-for-headlight/page5

339hx0m.jpg

2aj2lw4.jpg

16atvl3.jpg

Tried it and it was useless under the projectors..the park bulbs were brighter than this 68-LED thing..useless..good thing i only had spent $8 to get it lol..worth the try i guess..looks like im going HIDs for this..any suggestions guys? 6000K for sure..

@ Chicken - thats a pretty interesting project out there..but looks difficult..

68-SMD LED's in a low beam projector makes me laugh. You should have listened because even though it didn't cost you much, you can probably guess what I'm thinking of you right now.

chicken: I would seriously be wondering if those would be worth the effort. I have had the opportunity to play around with some 30,50,70, and 100 watt LED panels and I must say that for the rated power consumption, I would seriously be expecting more out of them. When it comes to lights for automotive use where you need to project the light further, HID's are by far what I would be calling the most efficient in both power and cost.

68-SMD LED's in a low beam projector makes me laugh. You should have listened because even though it didn't cost you much, you can probably guess what I'm thinking of you right now.

chicken: I would seriously be wondering if those would be worth the effort. I have had the opportunity to play around with some 30,50,70, and 100 watt LED panels and I must say that for the rated power consumption, I would seriously be expecting more out of them. When it comes to lights for automotive use where you need to project the light further, HID's are by far what I would be calling the most efficient in both power and cost.

Didnt say they are worth it just answering vijith's question :)

Yeah I agree I should have just not bothered trying it out because it was pretty bad..oh well next time I know..now I am hunting for some HIDs..

DJKOR: on your HID installation did you have to mount the ballasts with adhesive or screws or were you just able to fit them tight around the place? Looking at the space there I believe there is a chance to just keep the ballast in the corner without having to mount it because there is not much space for it to move around..

edit: I had a look at the picture you had posted earlier and now have a clear idea where to mount the ballasts..by the way i am going to install a kit without a relay harness..will this effect my car's wiring with time? or am I going to be just fine without it?

Edited by Vijith555

• 1 month later...

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Now on Ebay. Search: aurion led courtesy

haha I was looking for a dedicated LED thread to post these. They've been on the R-Style racing website for awhile but they're notoriously hard to deal with through there.. I've already got 2 pairs on the way, will be interesting to see how they compare to my current T10 Led replacement.

The Rstyle ones are surprisingly a lot better compared to the LED replacement. Dunno about the ones on ebay. Just found that item today too. Too expensive I reckon..?