Motor Magazine speculates about TRD Corolla

Of course one other option is that it may just be one of the Toyota guys personal car (lets face it if one had use of the Toyota parts bin one would go for the Euro rear wing and Japanese front skirt and the Euro wheels are another option for 18's) and he thought he would get a bit of lap time in while they were doing more tests on the Aurion????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be happy if its a supercharged if they really gonna make one.. But what about the price?

ZR is priced around $30k

Would you buy one if it hits $40k?

I'll get a Golf instead

Other 40k hatchbacks include:

mazda 3 mps

astra vxr

renault megane

focus xr5

Civic type R is also 40k on the dot - that would be my pick.

But I'm probably weird.

But I'm probably weird.

I wouldn't be paying 40k for something that's just a bit faster than a Sportivo, and also has a torsion beam rear end. Honda are on drugs these days.

But I'm probably weird.

I wouldn't be paying 40k for something that's just a bit faster than a Sportivo, and also has a torsion beam rear end. Honda are on drugs these days.

Face it, 40k is the new 30k these days.

That said, heres hoping a few manufacturers start offering better gear for less in a bid to capture buyers in the current economic climate.

But I'm probably weird.

Face it, 40k is the new 30k these days.

I do stand corrected. Still, torsion beam? Come on Honduh.

Torsion beam was fine in the Sportivo at $30k (I got no gripes with mine), but yes, for $40k ppl want new hotness, not old and busted... The biggest problem the Honda fanbois had with the current Type R is that it went backwards going to a torsion beam, when the EP3 had IRS. Apparently it does hurt it's performance too, not to mention it's excessive weight gain...

Anyhow, I'm still surprised noone is buying 207GT/GTi's still, even if they do have objectionable electrics. I see Pug's everywhere, but hardly ever see the new turbo models.

Gav.

fark me ...... not bad figures from the little pug

Power 128kW @ 6000rpm

Torque 240Nm @ 1600rpm

Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs) 7.1

also is it just me or does the difference between the GT and GTi seem to be just the tune in the ECU ? ..... they managed to slow it down a full second to 100 ..... however has 240Nm coming on @ 1400 but 18kw less.

as for torsion beam versus IRS ...... i highly doubt there is a significant percentage of drivers that would b able 2 tell the difference ...... lets look @ it this way ..... how many members on this forum have been to track days ? ...... point made

as for torsion beam versus IRS ...... i highly doubt there is a significant percentage of drivers that would b able 2 tell the difference ...... lets look @ it this way ..... how many members on this forum have been to track days ? ...... point made

I'd be more concerned about how flexible the Sportivo chassis is.

I still don't think a 40kW increase would allow it to keep up with the competition in the 40k bracket, would just go against the Type R, which why aim so low?

Absolutely true Bil. As I said, I have no gripes with torsion beam myself, it's just a different way of achieving the same outcome. Infact, I am enjoying the stock handling characteristics of the torsion beam more than I have done so with the IRS in my Mazdas (Except my TX3 :D). However, in some circles, IRS to torsion beam is seen as a step backwards, as is the case with my example of the EP3 and CTR. But still, track testing does point out that the CTR struggles against the IRS equipped EP3 Type R (not that suspension is the full equation in this example, weight comes into it too).

Gav.

trd corolla............ ................... ................ yeah any way, any one heard bout toyota ,subaru joint venture in making 2door coupe? do i smell ae86, to be released 2010

Welcome to 6 months ago, last year, and any time in-between......

trd corolla............ ................... ................ yeah any way, any one heard bout toyota ,subaru joint venture in making 2door coupe? do i smell ae86, to be released 2010

...............im behind the times?....lol

Just a bit.....

Just a bit.....

ill risk looking like a bigger idiot and ask whats the model, was it released here?

• 2 weeks later...

Just my thoughts here but I think the wait for a TRD Corolla may be even longer now.

Toyota's forecasted profit for this fiscal year is taking a big hit, in comparison to last year's.

IMO the last thing they will be doing is splashing more funds into R&D on a TRD line, considering EPIC and the TRD Aurion's no. of sales.